Senior 5. Adam Cerra

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone looks better in Navy Blue. That goes doubly for Cerrrrrra.

Can't wait to see our new #5 in action in Round 1. Will compliment Crippa and Walsh beautifully and give us some beautiful delivery i50. Can imagine Harry and Charlie are licking their lips at this recruitment.

Very good.

Fair deal for both clubs (surprise surprise). Pick 6(really Pick 8) in this draft was not enough. The elite talent goes about 4-6 deep apparently.

Rapt we didn't have to use a good 2nd rd or future 2nd rd pick.

We needed a gun wingman and landed one. That is great work by young Curly and crew.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done - I like that we got it done early for once, leaving time to play around with other trades and ideas. Who knows what shakes loose from here on in...

Pick 6 plus future pick 54 (lower after academies) looks fair to me on both sides

I just cant get around this for this price, but oh well welcome Adam.

Would've been rapt to draft a player of Adam Cerra's quality with pick 6, but with this trade, we've hit fast-forward on four years of development, and get a player almost as guaranteed as possible to become an integral part of our team, and most likely among our best handful.

That Cerra is a known quantity, of good character, wanted to come to us, and fits our needs as well, make this something of a no-brainer trade, I reckon - even at this price. I expect we'll have long forgotten his 'cost' after what is hopefully a long career in the navy blue.

I wish having a signature showing myself I am right made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, but I'll leave that for you. I probably would have taken it to the draft.

Could certainly have taken it to the draft and probably gotten a more than handy player. But the list strategy is clearly on covering the poor development or lack of progress from guys like SPS, Dow, LOB, Fisher, Setters etc. who should have been the ones taking us up the ladder now. Had a few of those players really come along, we'd probably not bother with Cerra and would instead be hitting the draft for young KPPs to develop.

In an alternate timeline, ignoring Cerra here would have made sense. But we're obviously looking to give Voss and Co the tools to push for finals in 2022, not ask him to perform a mini-rebuild over the next few seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back