Autopsy AFL 2016 - Round 3 - What have you liked, learnt or hated?

Remove this Banner Ad

I've learnt that Round 3 Rising Star nominee and #1 overall draft pick Jacob Weitering doesn't really look like either of his parents:

WeiteringNov28Article2.jpg

I've learnt that Round 3 Rising Star nominee and #1 overall draft pick Jacob Weitering doesn't really look like either of his parents:

WeiteringNov28Article2.jpg
Dunno reckon he has his mum's ears

Razor Ray still hates the dogs. Never seen a man officiate a game with a clear hatred like that.
It's clear you haven't seen a replay of this moment. What you're describing here is clearly not what happened.
This is hilarious.
Mainly becuase the dogs got screwed hard in the first half and the hawks got screwed in the 2nd half.

The umpiring was, in general, poor.

This is hilarious.
Mainly becuase the dogs got screwed hard in the first half and the hawks got screwed in the 2nd half.

The umpiring was, in general, poor.
My post wasn't in reference to the quality of umpiring (which was atrocious both ways all game for the record).

My post was contesting that posters laughable suggestion that Murphy did his knee because of something Breust was apparently allowed to do illegally.

Ablett, Fyfe, Gray, Dangerfield, Priddis, Beams, Kennedy, Parker, Selwood, Pendlebury, Murphy, Boak, Mitchell, Martin, Ward etc.

Don't know about top ten, but Steven is pretty damn good

Hall Thomson Rich Libba Bont

Jack Steven Not in the top 20

My post wasn't in reference to the quality of umpiring (which was atrocious both ways all game for the record).

My post was contesting that posters laughable suggestion that Murphy did his knee because of something Breust was apparently allowed to do illegally.

Oh I dont think he was saying that was he? Certainly not blaming for the injury.
Breust did aim to block him, but he didnt do enough to infringe and Murphy had already slipped and hurt himself.

Oh I dont think he was saying that was he? Certainly not blaming for the injury.
Breust did aim to block him, but he didnt do enough to infringe and Murphy had already slipped and hurt himself.
Certainly read that way to me...

"Murphy was injured because Breust was allowed to shepherd him from the marking contest, eyes never anywhere close to the ball, and arms and legs all over Murphy."

Certainly read that way to me...

"Murphy was injured because Breust was allowed to shepherd him from the marking contest, eyes never anywhere close to the ball, and arms and legs all over Murphy."

Well thats either utter BS or poor wording by that poster.
He may have indirectly caused it by Murphy needing to change direction, but he surely cannot be at all responsible for the injury.

Liked - Awesome marking contest that Sicily took at the end of WBvsHaw. Also was good work from Breust to muscle out Murphy.

Disliked - 2 words: Western Bulldogs and Injuries. And by that specifically I mean how Tory Dickson hadn't got back from his quad injury. If the bulldogs had him as a target up forward (with stringer not firing) they could've pinched that game.

Learnt - Tom Ruggles from Geelong looked good. Had a solid debut with 17 disposals. A good pickup from the cats.

Did Richmond have to leave Melbourne? I'd say that's almost as good as a home game gets. Looked like a fair lump of Adelaide supporters turned up though.
Easy to explain tigers and demons don't like going to etihad for some reason tigers crowd are always lower than if same game is played at the g .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing that while the AFL is/was propping up their own playthings, Brisbane is a team dying a slow death. The one team that offers nothing nowadays, and hasn't really done so for a decade. They are in need of some help/good fortune or they will be getting 5k to games at the Gabba soon enough.
So be it Brisbane have had loads of help in years past before their glory days if they can't compete now that's their own fault . Eventually when or a big if the expansion
clubs get a stronghold in Sydney and the gold coast then they too should be left to their own devices and if they can't compete on all levels then so be it as well . Sick of the handouts unless its a priority pick to us at the end of this year of course haha .

Yes I know and agree but the stats seem to indicate they love their g . Melbourne are even worse than the tigers their crowds are deplorable at etihad .

Thats because theyre snobs, which is funny because Ethiad has a far better spectator experience.
Love the G, but better to watch footy at Ethiad

Nah can't beat the g just love going to the footy there been somewhat frustrating for quite awhile tho watching my blues :mad:

MCG is a better stadium, but just for purely watching the game, Ethiad wins.

Very opinion based type thing though.

and that was for a whole season. Must easier to justify missing one game when it's played at the 'other' venue.

If Adelaide (or more particularly, Port) were forced to play 1 home game at FP every year, against the clubs strenuous and public objections, how do you think it would draw?

If your club had to pay more to do it, so as to line the AFL's pockets, there would probably be a riot in SA, but for Vic, that's 'normal'.

Try traveling interstate every second week mate. Spending the night before the game in a hotel as opposed to your own bed on the regular. Victorian teams have it easy, whether it be at etihad or mcg

Try traveling interstate every second week mate. Spending the night before the game in a hotel as opposed to your own bed on the regular. Victorian teams have it easy, whether it be at etihad or mcg

Do you travel for a lot of home games at grounds the other team plays at more than you do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back