Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 4 - North v Blues Fri April 7th 4:20pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less?

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 34 49.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

North-Melbourne-vs-Carlton.png

7th v 3rd

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 4

NORTH MELBOURNE V CARLTON
FRIDAY APRIL 7TH 4:20PM AEST (MARVEL)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

KANGAROOS

B: Bergman, Bonar, Corr
HB: Ziebell, McDonald, Scott
C: Powell, Cunnington, Tucker
HF: Stephenson, Comben, Sheezel
F: Zurhaar, Larkey, Curtis
FOLL: Goldstein, Davies-Uniacke, Simpkin

I/C: Taylor, Shiels, Turner, Phillips
EMG: Howe, Greenwood, Archer, Goater

IN: Bonar, Davies-Uniacke, Simpkin
OUT: Greenwood, Goater, Howe (all omitted), Logue (suspended)

BLUES
B: Docherty, Weitering, Cowan
HB: Newman, Young, Saad
C: O’Brien, Cripps, Hollands
HF: Fisher, C.Curnow, Motlop
F: Durdin, McKay, Silvagni
FOLL: De Koning, Cerra, E.Curnow
I/C: Pittonet, McGovern, Hewett, Honey
EMG: Plowman, Cincotta, Dow, Carroll
IN: Honey
OUT: Acres (suspended), Owies (injured)

Final Teams released (Melb Time):
Sunday Match - Friday 5:00pm
Monday Match - Saturday 5:00pm
(NB: Sunday and Monday match Extended Squads are released Thursday 6:20)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:

Us not having our 2 best KPDs means all they have to do is win the ball in the contest. Which if LDU is still out will be free for the Blues.

We will struggle with North's run - no Walsh or Acres...and LOB has been poor. So our only runner of note is Hollands - a first year player.

Like someone said above, if Cripps and co can dominate the contests and get it in quick we should win. If North can get close to breaking even or rebound well, we're going to run out of gas.

Think it'll be harder than people thing. Tipping Blues by 60.

Danger game.
Will be a very close encounter.

I see Curnow having a big day. He often bounces back after playing a stinker the week prior.
Not sure what's wrong with McKay but it's a handy problem to have if the Coleman medalist has yet to fire a shot and you are sitting pretty in 3rd spot.

Danger game.

I see Curnow having a big day. He often bounces back after playing a stinker the week prior.
Not sure what's wrong with McKay but it's a handy problem to have if the Coleman medalist has yet to fire a shot and you are sitting pretty in 3rd spot.
Their synergy is quite poor. They're going for the same i50, and not only that but TDK is often doing it as well. The only one leading into meaningful space has been JSOS.

Hawkins might be past his prime, but him and J Cameron have much better synergy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danger game.

You know you're good when your 17 touch 2 goal games are 'stinkers'.

Challenging Logue's suspension, but if that fails we're well and truly screwed. Our co-captain in Simpkin will be back which helps, and hopefully LDU is all good to go too (he should be).

With all 3 it will be interesting but still an uphill battle. Really looking forward to this, but also dreading the potential for the first smashing of the clarkson era (it's going to happen eventually!) Would hurt so much for it to be on Good Friday.

Whatever the outcome its great to see both these guys lining up for this game. They've both survived cancer of the inner scrote (and a pretty serious illness as well.)

Don't be tight with your money, donate some cash and hope you never have to benefit from it.

Whatever the outcome its great to see both these guys lining up for this game. They've both survived cancer of the inner scrote (and a pretty serious illness as well.)

Don't be tight with your money, donate some cash and hope you never have to benefit from it.

There's always backstories in football, these two blokes have been through hell and become good mates and there's a chance they will be against each other at some stage of the game.

There's always backstories in football, these two blokes have been through hell and become good mates and there's a chance they will be against each other at some stage of the game.
Too right, whoever wins (ie us!!) this sort of stuff is really great.

Good Friday is the most dreary day of the year. I'm not sure this game is the right way to enliven it.

Still it is a decent test for North against a mid ranked team. Will North show the two wins were more than the two they had to have?

As for Carlton this also a fair test on where they are at.

Good Friday is the most dreary day of the year. I'm not sure this game is the right way to enliven it.

Still it is a decent test for North against a mid ranked team. Will North show the two wins were more than the two they had to have?

As for Carlton this also a fair test on where they are at.
Why is it dreary? What about the anticipation of the Easter Bunny coming?

Back