jp13

Senior List
Apr 30, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
AFL CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

AFL LIVE – 5 min quarters

This season the AFL crew has been inspired by the ‘Big Bash’ style of cricket. No, it isn’t shorter game times and rubbish rule changes that have been trialled in the NAB Cup, it’s the all new, champions league!

I’ll be playing it on AFL Live, and last season with my Collingwood story I began to get bored with just playing a regular AFL season, so this season I’ve decided to make a few custom seasons and stuff, and I will play through them, writing up previews, writing reviews, and whatever other interesting things I can make up, and posting them here. So if you have any ideas or tips for me to help improve this story, don’t be afraid to speak up, I would love to hear your suggestions! Okay, so more about my champion’s league…

The way I’ve created this AFL champions league is by dividing the clubs into groups, two Victorian groups and an Interstate group. In both of the Victorian groups, every team will play each other once, and the results will go towards the two separate ladders. Once every match has been played, the top two teams in both groups will qualify for the ‘Champions League’. Then, the teams that finish third in both Victorian groups will play off for the final Vic spot in the champion’s league.

Now, the Interstate pool is played out in quite a different manner, the teams in each state will play their own ‘derbies’ or ‘showdowns’ or ‘Q clashes’ or whatever the Sydney derby is called. They will be played in a best of 3 series and the winners of each interstate derby will advance to the champion’s league.

Once the top 9 AFL clubs are established, it will be time for the actual champion’s league to start. I will probably get around to playing these games in about 5 years time but I’ll try my best. Anyway, each of the 9 teams will play each other once to determine the top four. The semi finals will be played out as 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3, in a best of 3 series. The winners of those will then be facing off in the Champions League Grand Final, in a best of 3 series.

Okay, enough with the explaining, let’s get into it! Once again, any ideas for me to improve this, please, let me know. Cheers.

Re: AFL Live - AFL CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

GROUPS:

VICTORIA POOL 1:
Collingwood
Carlton
Essendon
Richmond
Melbourne

VICTORIA POOL 2:
Geelong
Hawthorn
St Kilda