Alleged Substances - Discussion of Nature and status under Law / WADA Regulations

Remove this Banner Ad

ASADA can't be bothered? They chose not to pursue AOD Which players have admitted to taking to pursue a circumstantial case on TB4, Riiiight...

In not going for the obvious, it just shows how strong ASADA believe their TB4 case is. As you say, why not pursue AOD ...???

I'd be more worried, not less worried.

ASADA can't be bothered? They chose not to pursue AOD Which players have admitted to taking to pursue a circumstantial case on TB4, Riiiight...

The AOD-9604 would have been harder to get prosecutions on because of the confusion around who was told and when and when it was made "public".

Essendon would have squirmed their way out of that on a legal technicality in exactly the same way as they squirmed out of Hird being suspended without pay.

It should be actually making you piss your pants that ASADA decided they have solid enough evidence of TB4 that they don't need to introduce AOD-9604 into the equation.

I think ASADA's approach has been very considered. If I was ASADA and I suspected that EFC might challenge on the basis of ultra vires, I would issue SC notices for a single substance. If the court finds in favour of ASADA, well and good. If it rules in favour of EFC I would simply change the SC notices to include one of the other drugs and then re-issue them based on evidence gathered outside the "joint" investigation. No harm done, just a slight delay.

I think ASADA's approach has been very considered. If I was ASADA and I suspected that EFC might challenge on the basis of ultra vires, I would issue SC notices for a single substance. If the court finds in favour of ASADA, well and good. If it rules in favour of EFC I would simply change the SC notices to include one of the other drugs and then re-issue them based on evidence gathered outside the "joint" investigation. No harm done, just a slight delay.

After the James Hird 1 year paid holiday debacle, ASADA and their lawyers would be going over this with a fine tooth comb.

Essendon's arrogance throughout the last 18 months, is probably going to end up being their downfall.

Keep deflecting guys. Dan Bates went off the reservation and was sacked for it. Meanwhile at Essendon, the doctor who turned a blind eye is inducted into the Hall of Fame and the coach who instigated it got a contract extension and an all expenses paid study trip to France with a million bucks walking around money. :confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back