Mega Thread Alternative News Links

Remove this Banner Ad

Wikipedia editors have voted to ban the use of articles from British tabloid The Daily Mail and its globally popular website as sources, calling them “unreliable”, according to a statement.

English-language editors of the online encyclopaedia cited the newspaper’s “reputation for poor fact-checking, sensationalism, and flat-out fabrication”, said the statement posted on Wikipedia Wednesday.

The vote means the tabloid’s use as a reference should be “generally prohibited”, it said.

The Wikimedia Foundation, the not-for-profit organisation that runs the Wikipedia website, acknowledged the vote in a statement cited in The Guardian, but said it was up to its unpaid editors.

From now on, it said “the Daily Mail will generally not be referenced as a ‘reliable source’ on English Wikipedia, and volunteer editors are encouraged to change existing citations to the Daily Mail to another source deemed reliable by the community”.

The National Enquirer, a US tabloid, is the only news publication that “should never be used”, according to editors’ guidelines.

Content on Wikipedia is written and edited by a global network of volunteers who must base their articles on “reliable, third-party, published sources with a reputation for fact-checking and accuracy”.

The guidelines also highlight that special care should be taken when sourcing from state-associated news organisations, including the Chinese press agency Xinhua, North Korea’s Korean Central News Agency, and Press TV in Iran.

https://guardian.ng/features/wikipedia-editors-ban-unreliable-daily-mail-as-source/

like your links P35, you are dominating this thread content. i have always been of the opinion that people of power, influence and money will do almost anything to hold onto said power, influence and money and it would not surprise me in the least that they would get together and conspire to hold onto it.

the hard part is to separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to the information that is out there, especially when you take into account that i have very little confidence and respect for the MSM.

like your links P35, you are dominating this thread content. i have always been of the opinion that people of power, influence and money will do almost anything to hold onto said power, influence and money and it would not surprise me in the least that they would get together and conspire to hold onto it.

the hard part is to separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to the information that is out there, especially when you take into account that i have very little confidence and respect for the MSM.

Well Wikileaks has a 100% track record, so that's always a good place to start....And given RT is the only MSM channel that touches on much that is published there, then their the most trustworthy IMO.

A list of names I currently trust with regards all things U.S & globalist geo-politics includes: Julian Assange, Eric Snowden, John Perkins, Chris Hedges, Ben Swann, Glenn Greenwald, Jeremy Scahill, John Pilger, Bernie Sanders, Jimmy Dore, Ron Paul, Tulsi Gabbard, Jill Stein & Cornel West.:thumbsu:

Well Wikileaks has a 100% track record, so that's always a good place to start....And given RT is the only MSM channel that touches on much that is published there, then their the most trustworthy IMO.

A list of names I currently trust with regards all things U.S & globalist geo-politics includes: Julian Assange, Eric Snowden, John Perkins, Chris Hedges, Ben Swann, Glenn Greenwald, Jeremy Scahill, John Pilger, Bernie Sanders, Jimmy Dore, Ron Paul, Tulsi Gabbard, Jill Stein & Cornel West.:thumbsu:
have heard of and read/watched all of them except for Perkins, Scahill, Dore and Gabbard. i don't mind Steve Keen on financial matters and the housing bubble.

have heard of and read/watched all of them except for Perkins, Scahill, Dore and Gabbard. i don't mind Steve Keen on financial matters and the housing bubble.

Finance is not my bag....Number crunching is head-ache inducing....Best left to the boffins.

Perkins is the last post there....He knows his stuff on globalized geo-political blackmail/manipulation/control....Every past coup or political assassination he'll give you the context for....Scahill is an excellent political analyst....Dore is a comedian come U.S political satirist & Gabbard is the Democratic member for Hawaii.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back