a4brianp

Club Legend
May 28, 2001
sunshinecoast qld
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
swans kangaroos
She is suggesting states take the stamp duty off for people who are having extra children to enable them to buy a bigger house this is an impost on the states wouldnt it be better to bring in paid maternity leave but then this would cost the federal goverment and that would never do.

cheers

Firstly, calling a person 'twentystone' is vilification and unfairly discriminatory.

Secondly, it doesn't matter if it's a state cost or a federal cost its the taxpayer who's going to fund it.

Personally I think stamp duty on housing is a pox of a way of raising taxes and should be abolished along with payroll tax and employer paid fbt (in the case of fbt sureley the recipient should pay)

Paid maternity leave..maybe...but for wife and husband (partner)

Abolishing the rort know as stamp duty would be the best thing Amanda has done. Recently paid $60000.00 for this govt stamp.
Paid maternity leave would be good.

agree with all the posts. stamp duty on housing needs to be at least lowered significantly, if not abolished. paid maternity leave must be implemented in a way that does not unfairly hurt small business owners.

Originally posted by AlfAndrews

I agree.

Call her by her correct name ... Amanda Flintstone.

**YABBA-DABBA-DOO**

Regardless of her name, she is a heartless c**t. Quality of life don't matter to these as*holes. As long as you are working and filling the pork barrell for those pigs in govt and opposition to dive their snout into is all that matters.

All we are in this country is an economic tool for both Govts.

I know I am off the topic, but this idea of working to you are 70 sucks.

Great, work all your life and die in your sixties like a friend of mine did. Retirement? Yeah right. He never got to enjoy it. Just an economic tool for either govt.

Both Liberal and Labor can go f**k themselves. And I am entitled to my opinion, especially those Lib and Lab diehards.

Retirement at 70 is a very good idea. Several reasons for this :-

The age of 65 was introduced in 1903 when average life expectancy was 62 for males. Now it is 81 and rising.

Many people are fit and well into their 80's and don't want to retire at 65. The extra 5 years also boosts their super.

With declining birthrates Australia is not going to be able to support old people financialy in 10-20 years time without some changes. In reality a person enters the workforce around 20 and retires at 65 or earlier (many earlier and they then stop being tax contributors). Thats 45 years work and paying tax versus around 40 years od beind dependent on the taxpayer. The ratio is unworkable. Getting close to every 1 working person supporting 1 non working person.

ps The idea that we work for governments is off the map. Billions of dollars are raised and spent annually with government not getting anything other than their wages and expenses which are a miniscule percentage of national income. In fact government is responsible for debt rather than amassing wealth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back