Anyone else immune? (Or managed to skilfully avoid it so far)

Remove this Banner Ad

spinynorman

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
As people I know have now suffered through Covid multiple times, I’m wondering how many others have somehow managed to avoid it for three years now.

I’ve been quite miraculous, being in one of the world’s hotspots in March 2020. A week before Christmas 2021 I was in a dingy bar with my housemate who said he felt awful and we went home, he tested positive the next day but I remained negative for the whole time we isolated together.

I’ve not really been particularly conservative about going out after I had my vaccinations, often going to dingy bars and nightclubs. I was at a wedding a year ago where a third of the guests ended up with Covid, but not me. Half my work colleagues caught it at last year’s Christmas party, but not me. And then I went on a nine night cruise with my family, sharing a cabin with my father who had symptoms for the last three nights and gave Covid to three of the family members I was travelling with. But not me.

So without sounding irresponsibly brazen, I appear to be invincible to this thing. Anyone else out there?

As people I know have now suffered through Covid multiple times, I’m wondering how many others have somehow managed to avoid it for three years now.

I’ve been quite miraculous, being in one of the world’s hotspots in March 2020. A week before Christmas 2021 I was in a dingy bar with my housemate who said he felt awful and we went home, he tested positive the next day but I remained negative for the whole time we isolated together.

I’ve not really been particularly conservative about going out after I had my vaccinations, often going to dingy bars and nightclubs. I was at a wedding a year ago where a third of the guests ended up with Covid, but not me. Half my work colleagues caught it at last year’s Christmas party, but not me. And then I went on a nine night cruise with my family, sharing a cabin with my father who had symptoms for the last three nights and gave Covid to three of the family members I was travelling with. But not me.

So without sounding irresponsibly brazen, I appear to be invincible to this thing. Anyone else out there?
Never had it, neither has my wife or son. None of us vaccinated and since summer 2020 I've done virtually nothing to avoid it.

No vaccine no boosters no coronavirus and I’ve been catching public transport to and from work almost 3 years and I’ve not even had a runny nose. My daughter ended up being sent to mine from her mom with covid and before I knew I’d shared food lots of kisses and a choc milk and I still didn’t get anything whatsoever.

Have never taken any precautions and only had this crap once and I was asymptomatic.

I'm out every weekend, never wear masks and I work with children.

Haven't had even a cold since 2017, no miracle jabs/social distancing or masks for me. Covid/flu/gastro has spread through my boosted housemates at least 3x since the end of 2021.

Haven't had even a cold since 2017, no miracle jabs/social distancing or masks for me. Covid/flu/gastro has spread through my boosted housemates at least 3x since the end of 2021.

That's incredible if true...

That's incredible if true...
I didn't think 6 years without a viral infection was that uncommon, my 70yr+ neighbour(known her my whole life and actually got sick with her the last time she was sick as a child) had her sick free streak of 30 years broken when she got covid at the start of last year. I was born before 1980 and haven't had any jab in living memory besides whatever they gave babies back in the late 70's which was nothing compared to what anyone born after 2000 receives.

I've been vaxxed and boosted (but not triple boosted? I don't think. I can't remember). I finally got covid after attending a 3 day conference back in May... I know of several others who got covid from the event too, so there must've been a super spreader lol. Wasn't too bad, fever, chills, weakness. Didn't lose my sense of taste. Had a cough for an extra week and my nose was runny but all good now.

My partner still hasn't got it (that I know of, and he's been vaxxed). And HIS parents, who are both 73, still haven't had it (who are unvaxxed). Crazy really.

Never had it. Never tested. Haven’t had “a cold”. People I know who have, had it mildly. I’ve had four shots but won’t be having any more due to an immune reaction to the last two which wasn’t pleasant.

Mandates seem to be over, except maybe for health workers, and inexplicably and unforgivably imo, firefighters in two states.

I have been hospitalised twice in the last few years and there have been covid outbreaks in my wards both times.

In one ward (4 of us) I was the only person to test negative. When I thought about it later, I realised I was also the only one of the four to regularly shower, hand-sanitise or wear a mask.

I had also been vaccinated (maybe just twice when I was in for surgery?).

One of we four could hardly get out of bed. One of the others though was regularly going down to the ground floor and checking his bank balance on the ATM. I'm sure that's where he (patient zero) picked up the infection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never had it. Never tested. Haven’t had “a cold”. People I know who have, had it mildly. I’ve had four shots but won’t be having any more due to an immune reaction to the last two which wasn’t pleasant.

Mandates seem to be over, except maybe for health workers, and inexplicably and unforgivably imo, firefighters in two states.
I copped it when it first hit, didn’t bother testing, just isolated. Very flu like in my opinion. I haven’t been vaccinated and haven’t been sick since in over 2.5 years. Yet these who are on their 4/5 booster have had colds and flus all year round. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I’ll pass.

Never had it, neither has my wife or son. None of us vaccinated and since summer 2020 I've done virtually nothing to avoid it.
I had what seemed like Covid when it first hit. Never tested. Just isolated to prevent spread. Also not vaccinated and haven’t been sick since funny enough. Touch wood.

Can you tell the difference without a test? Just interested to know.
I definitely think there is a difference but it also depends on your immune system. When I had it, it felt like a horrible cold for 2 days. The fatigue got me big time but yeah. I didn’t see a huge difference but others I’ve spoken too, thought they were dying! 🤷🏼‍♀️

I got covid early 2021. Was double vaxxed when I got it. Horrible experience, completely laid me flat for 7 days and took me about another 7 days to fully regain my mojo and feel ‘normal’ again. About days 3-5 it seriously affected my respiratory system to the point I felt I may need to call an ambulance, something I’d never experienced before with a heavy cold or flu. I’m a pretty fit and healthy 47yo. I can’t imagine how hard it must’ve been for the elderly or people with serious heart/health conditions.

To this day I am unsure whether the vaccine helped the situation or whether it actually brought it on and made it worse? I guess you’ve got to trust the science as presented at the time who tf knows 🤷🏼‍♂️ but covid was/is definitely real from my experience of it.

I’ve since had a booster about a year ago (third shot) but won’t be getting any more. As of now haven’t caught it again touch wood.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back