Deepthroat

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2002
Keilor East
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast
Does anyone else have a ban system on eateries. My missus and I will administer a ban for extremely crap service or food. The duration of the bans normally vary between 3 months and lifetime.

Current bans in place:

SMOKIN JOES (2 year ban) (Moonee Ponds) - stale baguets and ordinary service

VINNIES CAFE (Lifetime)(Essendon) - Took 2 hrs to get a pizza delivered recently with nil apology

KFC (Lifetime) - I recently had a chicken fillet burger that was 99% chicken skin, herbed and spiced and deep fried. Not a great hangover cure. ANd the pr!cks never give you bbq sauce when you ask for it.

mcdonalds - lifetime
undercooked chips (two times) , fillet o fish (inedible for me) instead of mc chicken (two times) (drive through only realised when i got home)

actually i lie i still buy caramel sundaes from there cos they are always spot on but stay away from anything else.i recently heard the strawberry flavour in the thickshake has 53 artificial ingredients so i don't even have that anymore! (and i used to love it)

McDonalds.

Brilliant marketing for schit product. Banned.

Wife's thinggy.

Will go there next week, but for now annoyed that (a) tiges are schit and (b) Jakarta soccer channel still prattling on in Bahasa when they should be showing the Brazil game.

Deepthroat said:
Current bans in place:

Smokin Joes in Ringwood. Waited i reckon an hour for breakfast one sunday morning. Mrs and I only had juice, complained to the manager, paid for juice and left. the staff only advised us of the wait after around 45 mins! they said we were now 2nd in line. i said thats OK, we'll wait...knowing that i had to go cause i had a soccer game to play! i wanted them to feel the pain of wasted food.

the worst part of it was that when i paid for the juice at the counter the manager was a smart ass.

:mad: :mad:

1. The Big House (Sydney Rd., Brunswick)

A few years ago the former Post Office closed and was converted into a child care centre for a while. Eventually re-opened as a bar/cafe - positioning themselves as a child friendly place when they opened (They even have a play ground out the back from their creche days). One day, the missus was there with a few friends, (couple of rug rats in tow) outside. And they were kicked out for not spending enough (we're not a kids playground was one of the lines used by staff). Within the hour the group of 4 had 2 coffees each and cakes - plus the kids were outside and no other patrons were on the premises.

Where possible, I let people know - not to go there. Pass it on!

2. Cecconi's (Italian restaurant @ Crown, ground level).

This is one of the more upmarket eateries in the Crown precint. Had a mishap with a glass, which 'fell apart' as I was having a sip. Shard of glass lodged in my throat and cut (bleeding) lip. No apologies - eventually had a waiter come by the table and gesture towards the toilets - and barked instructions - "go clean yourself up down there". No apologies. Was offered a token complimentary beer or soft drink as we left. Accidents happen - but I tend to judge people on how they recover from a mistake. For me, that's the best way to get a handle on care factor.

Never again.

3. Djakarta (Indonesian joint in Bridge Rd, Richmond)

Group of 20. Made an hour to wait for someone to take an order. Meals were mixed up (i.e. about 5 wrong non-ordered meals sent to the table). When it came to paying up, it turned out that we were about $1.50 short (accidentally) from the collection of notes left on the table (no way we were tipping after the crap service). Next thing you know, the owner comes chasing us down Bridge Road using the most colourful 'sailors language' in an Indonesian accent on the verge of throwing punches declaring a jihad of sorts on all of us. From memory, someone paid an extra $4 in gold coins to make him go away by flicking some coins onto Bridge Rd. Bad form, but funny (especially when he ran out into traffic to colelct his booty):D

FIGJAM said:
I go to Maccas lots, but only because I am on the road a lot and they provide some amenities that I require. Suffice to say the "golden arches" have a different meaning to me! ;)

A patron of the 'Golden' needle bins 'eh?;)

FIGJAM said:
I go to Maccas lots, but only because I am on the road a lot and they provide some amenities that I require. Suffice to say the "golden arches" have a different meaning to me! ;)

Agree. Maccas does serve it's one and only useful purpose well. A good place for a dump when you are on the road.

Leper said:
Agree. Maccas does serve it's one and only useful purpose well. A good place for a dump when you are on the road.

Shocking paper though. It's more smear paper that toilet paper. Just as effective as drying it off with a dryer then chiselling the remnants off.

Have banned Sam's Cafe in Keilor Rd, Niddrie. Ducked in there one Public Holiday coming back to Melbourne, was the only thing open that wasn't booked out.

Service was long, cutlery had to be sent back twice, pizza was disgraceful and wasn't cheap. Not really worried though, never been there before, and won't be going back.

Must be something about Niddrie. La Porchetta Niddrie is on my banned list. Who serves up pizza with uncooked prosciutto on it, then has the nerve to argue with you when you complain about it, saying "that's how we always serve it"? Had to send my tortellini puttanesca back twice, and the third time it still wasn't right. Never again.

hawkeye23 said:
Must be something about Niddrie. La Porchetta Niddrie is on my banned list. Who serves up pizza with uncooked prosciutto on it, then has the nerve to argue with you when you complain about it, saying "that's how we always serve it"?

i love prosciutto pan fried, nice and crispy... especially for leafy salads...

maybe its just me, but i've never had 'cooked' prosciutto on a pizza before...

heres one i had the other night, picture by mobile phone:

Leper said:

yes, great for the McDump !

i'm also on the road alot for my job... most service station toilets are horrid, and public toilets in parks are to be avoided...

Deepthroat said:
Smoken Joe's is also on my list. During a lunch break from work, me and some mates ordered bottles of Coke, and noticed that most of the use by dates had passed. So we all asked the waiter for replacement bottles. Fair enough he said. Next round of bottles come along and the use by dates are still bad. So he says "That's not the use by date - it's the date the bottle was produced", and then my mate showed that his bottle had a use by date of (eg) 2007.

We ended up eating somewhere else anyway after that, which is no big loss since it's not a great joint.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3. Djakarta (Indonesian joint in Bridge Rd, Richmond)

Ive eaten here several times,always found the food pretty good.Its quite pricey for Indonesian food but never had a problem with the quality.

There used to be another Indo joint next door which was cheaper & just as good but the chances of 2 Indonesian places surviving in the same suburb were nil,let alone next door to each other.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back