Broker

Debutant
Oct 8, 2001
Inner melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Roos
My belief is that Carey should be traded for at least five favourable draft picks....and the million dollar free up of monies, go into recruiting NEW key position players....comments????

My belief is that Carey should be left alone to play out his career (as the world's greatest ever footballer).

Pay him what he wants, treat him with the utmost respect and allow him some latitude as a leader of the club.

Then, when he is finished playing, give him the option to stay on in any capacity he sees fit.

He has earned th right to all this and he earns every cent that we have ever paid him and I have heard thousands of arguments against this and NOT ONE has swayed me a millimetre from my theory and probably never will.

Yeah, yeah, the club IS bigger than the individual...everyone knows that, even Carey!!!!!

PS. Didn't vote in the poll....there was no option I liked.

Originally posted by Broker
My belief is that Carey should be traded for at least five favourable draft picks....and the million dollar free up of monies, go into recruiting NEW key position players....comments????

Yes,

GET LOST! Back to the rock you crawled out from - either Collingwood or Richmond. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Michele

You dill, how could you even think North should trade Carey obvious you arn't a true North supporter. Go Carey!!!!!!!!!!
Go North in 2002!!!!

Its funny how as a player gets on, so does the money they expect to earn, but the way they have played in the past is what they hang their hat on. I think everyone should be on performance based contracts with a base salarey determined by number of games for the club, best and fairest results etc. That way you reward loyalty, marketability and performance.

www.news.com.au had an article today suggesting that the swans were a fair dinkum chance to get carey, had they known about his rumoured disatisfaction with the club a tad earlier.
what does everyone reckon? any truth to this story that he was contemplating leaving? if not, was it purely fabricated to help increase the size of his contract? can you imagine the impact that would have had on the club? looking back on when i first heard that rumour/article/story, it still gives me the shivers.

If the stories are true, then my image of Carey is tainted. One minute he is bleeding about the club's treatment of Mick etc - then renegotiates a contract that will essentially force the club's hand to delist Mick in order to shift Wayne to the vet. list?!

He is the greatest ever, but the club has always bent over backwards to help him out and allowed him leeway on and off the field. Now when times are down for us I'd be bloody disappointed if he really had contemplated walking out mid-contract. Hope it's all cr#p.

One thing I will say - if the other stuff is true - I hope someone F**ks you up real good Demetriou. Are you the AFL-CEO or the Swans f'ing recruiting manager? F**K OFF.

Again all this is only applicable if the reports are factual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

firstly... Broker................ piss off fool...

secondly... GoneCatsGone........... what are you doing voting "contract performance based"??? we don't do that to our captains here... now down at Geelong... that happens all the time...

Over the years Wayne Carey has had the opportunity to do a dogs act on North Melbourne. However, he has refused the overtures of several clubs and he does not get the credit he deserves for his loyalty.

To find something sinister in Wayne Carey looking for the best deal for himself to stay at North is rubbish.

Heaven knows the Swans have no problem in taking players, coaches and adminstrators from other clubs. In fact they make habit of it.

Broker - where to start? You have called up a level of consensus that is probably unique on this board, so thanks very much.

Carey's cost to the club goes down as a veteran - but Iwho cares? I agree that for what he has delivered we should pay whatever he wants anyway - even if there was a performance-based rule he'd be an exception. He was the standout choice as captain of our best team of all time and that reflects the quality of his play and leadership and the respect he has deservedly won.

I look forward to him playing out his amazing career with North over whatever time suits him, then we should give him a send-off from playing that makes Geelong's of Garry Hocking look half-hearted.

Get F'ed idiot.... :mad:

What about the MILLIONS of $$ we would lose each year through sponsorship and merchandise without Carey... plus the fact that he is fit this year and ready to put in his best season since 1996.

to those that can't have a civilised debate, and need to resort to words beyond their vocabilaries- GROW UP!
I merely made a statement as a debating topic, not a demand!
If one can't openly talk his mind then you guys aren't very democratic, and you should educate yourselfs in finding out what it's about.
To those that commented, thanks for your thoughts.

If one can't openly talk his mind then you guys aren't very democratic, and you should educate yourselfs in finding out what it's about.

Broker... feel free to talk your mind... but if you say anything as dumb-arse stupid as this again expect to be criticised... you can take this as a polite warning...

to those that can't have a civilised debate, and need to resort to words beyond their vocabilaries- GROW UP!
I merely made a statement as a debating topic, not a demand!
To those that commented, thanks for your thoughts.

Civilised DEBATE, huh? Do you know what a debate is? Your poll gave three negative answers and a "No comment".

A debate would allow people who wanted to give a positive answer an option in the poll. It seemed to me that you were trying to take the piss and hence the angry reaction.

to those that can't have a civilised debate, and need to resort to words beyond their vocabilaries

It would appear the word "vocabularies" is beyond yours, seeing as how you spelt it incorrectly.

...and you should educate yourselfs in finding out what it's about.

Kind of hard to take seriously, he/she that tells you to "educate yourselfs". Next time, try "yourselves".

Maybe a visit to www.dictionary.com would benefit you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back