Carlton - the Mafia club

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually, whilst Carlton were paying thier players with building supplies etc., Geelong weren't even able to meet the salary cap. My, how the tables turned.

Yeah, breaks my heart...

How could you not meet the salary cap with that bunch of duds? $50 would have covered the 5 I just mentioned...

Carlton haven't rorted anything. the real rorting is done by the AFL commission which represents the smaller vic clubs like Geelong that in years gone by could not keep pace with Carlton. Truth is that because of our rich history everyone wanted to play for Carlton. So clubs like Geelong got jealous and said that Carlton brought all their premierships and then brought in salary caps and drafts with the purpose being to keep Carlton down and give themselves a chance. Carlton's mistake was they chose to fight it instead of working within it. It was noble to fight but its the old agage about knowing when to fight and when not to. So we suffered but now we are goign to win anyway unless the AFL change the rules again. So go suffer

Living up to your name I see. Ignore your 'history' at your peril goose.

You were also cheating in 95. Greg Williams and Fraser Brown anyone?

Bit of advice Mr Mackie,

Before stating (or posting) points to your argument its very very wise and helpful to actually RESEARCH said points you are making like the one above. Even if on bay 13.

You were spanked in 95 just like 94 and 92. Get over it and maybe concentrate on your teams chances this year rather than crapping on about what another club at the bottom end of the ladder is doing.

Hey It's not our fault that we have a decent and cultured family like the Morans being lifelong supporters of the club : )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back