Prediction Round 8, 2024: Changes vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh Long for cripps 🤪

Nah probably for Brockman. Brokman hasn’t been terrible but a run in the wafl getting his hands on the footy more and kicking goals might help
Long for any of: Edwards, Chesser, Sheed or Brockman.

I'd even say for Ryan but there's no point dropping him after one game, will get better with time.

Just a reminder for us to clarify which Reid to bring back in. Yes, we have two of them.

IN: H. Reid, Barrass, Long, Johnston
OUT: Chesser, H. Edwards, Brockman, Sheed

Hedwards was decent but I don’t see a matchup for him.

Out: Hedwards, Chesser, Ledwards
In: Barrass, Reid, Long

Backs: Barrass, McGovern, Rotham, Hough, Cole, Duggan, Witherden
Mids: Yeo, Kelly, Reid, Ginbey, Hunt, Sheed
Rucks: Williamses
Forwards: Waterman, Darling, Maric, Ryan, Cripps, Petch, Long
Sub: Brockman
Emergencies: Edwards, Edwards, Chesser

Think they’ve been building Sheed up to play a full game.

Ryan will be better for the run.

Brockman extremely quiet, maybe starting as the sub will be a bit of a circuit breaker for him.

Beagles play Sunday so all the emergencies can play, which is handy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Barrass, Reid, Long
Out: HEdwards, Sheed, Ryan

Fairly straightforward week at the selection table. It'll be interesting to see where the club thinks Culley and Johnston are at. I don't like debuting players as sub but it might be a good opportunity to give Johnston a run as sub next week. Agree with the thoughts around Chesser and Brockman but Sheed and Ryan aren't ready to replace them yet.

In- Harley + Barrass + Trew (kept him on the list for a reason) + Long

Out- Chesser (very worrying now) + J Williams + H Edwards + Sheed

Maric (2R) - Waterman - Cripps
Petrucelle - Darling - Ryan
L Edwards - Yeo - Hunt
Duggan - Gov - Hough
Cole- Barrass - Rotham
Williams - Reid - Kelly
Ginbey - Trew - Witherden - Long
Sub - Brockman

Just a reminder for us to clarify which Reid to bring back in. Yes, we have two of them.

IN: H. Reid, Barrass, Long, Johnston
OUT: Chesser, H. Edwards, Brockman, Sheed

If you want to get technical you can't bring something back in that was never there.

Some ins are obvious. We missed Long's pressure and work badly.
Brockman, Hunt, Maric (to an extent) Williams the younger (to an extent), Chesser and Ryan were among the many who underperformed.
Even Ginbey was outclassed/paced but tries until the contest moves on the does nothing. He will be outclassed against Essendon.
Sheed was mature but one too many lazy kicks over the shoulder.

But, we have to hang tough at times. Good to have options and we are playing the long game.

Sorry, why are we outting Chesser now? I thought he was hard done by to be subbed off.

I thought he did some good things today. Building along, needs the games and consistency.

Sheed? Shouldn't be playing.
Has had a good run and didn't show much today.

Normally good to give the kids extended runs at it but to treat him equal to others (like Gaff) he should be able to go back to the WAFL as a kick in the butt or to work on his game.

I'm not overly worried about him as a whole as it's still early, but he can't be immune to being dropped.

Nor would I want him dropped if he'd just come in for one game, which is why Ryan should stay in the team.

IN: Reid, Barrass, Long
OUT: Ledwards or Sheed, Hedwards, Brockman

I like Brockman but he hasn't been doing enough so a stint at WAFL level will help. Long an easy swap

Out of two very vanilla players I'd probably rather we played Ledwards but can see us giving Sheed a full run now. Even though he hasn't impressed as a sub

Hedwards unlucky

Wouldn't mind Johnston getting a run as sub in place of Chesser but don't see that happening just yet

Anyone out or back for the Dons?

Archie Perkins and Matt Guelfi are back available for selection. Tsatas got 39 possies in VFL yesterday so I reckon he would be under strong consideration. Dylan Shiel? Maybe.

Besides Jordan Ridley, pretty close to full strength.

You guys have looked good the last 4 weeks so expecting a tight game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back