Clarence 2010 Pre Printed T-Shirts

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah they were dropped as he provided the police with information. He tried to sell or give drugs to two undercover female cops, yeah there isn't much in that is there CB. I hear Fremantle and West Coast are quite professional also :D:D:D

Exactly right man. Just because you are professional doent change the fact that their are drugs in the town. I know a few guys very well that are involved at Clarence and have told me that it is all through the senior ranks. Now thats professional, right.

C'mon Crusty, riddled is it? You'd struggle to find a more professional sporting club in Tasmania. Having been involved, you'd struggle to find a better product. Drugs? Fair dinkum....

The drugs issue is well known but anecdotal at best with this club, more the players at the club than the club itself, anyone can guess as to the main offenders? As for professional, what level would we be measuring "professional" at? I would suspect there are quite a few clubs in other sports much more professionally run than any football club of any level in Tassie, it's just that the AFL bubble extends to TSL level as well so football people think they are the panacea. Have often heard Demetriou say the AFL is a "leader in the field " and "worlds best practise" when in many cases anything could be further than the truth. Take drug testing, 1500 tests conducted, but how many players were tested? Barry Hall never tested in his career according to himself, yet others tested up to 5/6 times a season, on those figures probably about 1/6th of the AFL players are actually tested. Who amongst TSL players are tested? who in TSL ranks would even know what is on the banned substance list? I bet there are a few diuretic and adrenalin junkies in the league who if tested in season would be looking at a 2 year ban straight up. So professional:eek: give me a break, most players struggle to spell the word let alone live it!

Froffy, dont they have a lot of the old devils players/ runners etc?. I waz told the reason the Devils got axed was to cover up the drug culture. Maybe they just changed the name:eek:. Now I don't know about any drug culture but I do remember plenty in the paper & on tele about acts of violence out on the town by some Devils players. Seems that at least hasn't changed too much then;)
Also I think a lot of people WOULD like to know where the money comes from. Afl Tas, ATO for two at least:eek:

Innuendo and stories have been rife throughout Hobart for many, many years on what a lot of the Devils players and currently what some particular members of the Clarence seniors get up to in their spare time.
In one respect it's partly the reason why the Devils lost the football public in Hobart in its latter days.
Interesting that few things have been posted on Clarence on this thread, three names in particular were mentioned to me recently in regard to that, but, like I say, it's all innuendo and rumour and unless by some miracle there's a huge investigation that's exactly what it'll stay as.
Apparently Glenorchy were gunning for Savage but the senior coach didn't want him because he had charges over his head from that incident in Launceston.
As to where they get their money from, in recent years they apparently used to make a fortune from bingo on the Eastern Shore.
One former insider told me that they were raking in about a six figure profit or something.
Not sure if that's still the case but you've gotta say well done to them if that's true, good simple money spinner there - those old grannies love their bingo.

Innuendo and stories have been rife throughout Hobart for many, many years on what a lot of the Devils players and currently what some particular members of the Clarence seniors get up to in their spare time.
In one respect it's partly the reason why the Devils lost the football public in Hobart in its latter days.
Interesting that few things have been posted on Clarence on this thread, three names in particular were mentioned to me recently in regard to that, but, like I say, it's all innuendo and rumour and unless by some miracle there's a huge investigation that's exactly what it'll stay as.
Apparently Glenorchy were gunning for Savage but the senior coach didn't want him because he had charges over his head from that incident in Launceston.
As to where they get their money from, in recent years they apparently used to make a fortune from bingo on the Eastern Shore.
One former insider told me that they were raking in about a six figure profit or something.
Not sure if that's still the case but you've gotta say well done to them if that's true, good simple money spinner there - those old grannies love their bingo.

Whatever the roos are doing I reckon there are some clubs that want a piece of it....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back