Remove this Banner Ad

hourn

Club Legend
Feb 17, 2002
in the sky
Other Teams
eagles
Thoughts on this band????

I really like their debut album. Their songs do tend to sound a bit similar, but their single Wasting My Time is a very good song.

The singer (Dallas Smith is his name i think) is really good, and hes only been singing for a few years - he hadn't had any previous experience when he joined the band.

Whoever is on drums is really good (not sure of his name - have been told it but can't remember) but he belts it out quite nicely i reckon.

The guitaring is fairly solid, with a few nice riffs here and there (like the one midway through Wasting my Time).

Lyrically, theyre pretty solid, without being unbelievably meaningful (yet). (A world without you here, An unreflecting mirror, His words were so sincere, He left you standing there - "Let You Down" are good lyrics)

Overall, i reckon they are quite a good band. A bit like Creed. They sound similar to them. And like Creed, they're songs sound quite similar (but not quite to the extent of Creed) and they have one really good song (Wasting My Time v My Sacrifice).

There is definetaly potential there to work with and could become an excellent band.

I have only heard 'Wasting My Time', but I intend on tracking down some of their other songs online, and if they're any good, which I've heard they are, then I am hoping to get the album.

creed rejuvenated the genre so you'll find quite a few bands will emerge who soud like Creed

Originally posted by BomberGal
I have only heard 'Wasting My Time', but I intend on tracking down some of their other songs online, and if they're any good, which I've heard they are, then I am hoping to get the album.

I heard that song on Triple M a few weeks ago, and wondered if it was the newie for Nickelback or if it was Staind.

Unfortunately it was neither, just another clone in a genre saturated with too much shyte.

Won't both looking for more, and I will no longer bother with Triple M, where the cancer known as nu-metal continues to infest contemporary music.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back