Good Things festival

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't wait - good lineup this year!
Anyone going to Sydney festival from Central Coast? Fancy a ride - have 2 spots available

We went to the Melbourne leg on Friday and all in all it was a 9/10 day. The music was great, the timetable allowed me to see full sets from almost all the bands I wanted to see, but like many punters said afterwards, there were some sound quality issues, although I only noticed these late on assuming my ears were fkd from a long day listening to loud music! Public transport was awful too - how can I arrive at Flinders St at 10.45 and still miss the start of the first act at 12.10!

For me Lacuna Coil were the highlight, followed by Gojira then Jinjer and To The Grave. As danielnajdek says above, Jinjer were deserving of a later slot IMO. I also caught good full sets from Polaris, Soulfly, Sabaton (despite every song sounding virtually the same to me) as well as a little Electric Callboy while waiting for LC and also 15 minutes of Amity. The two headliners were in my view blighted by poor sound. BMTH sounded like they were on the telly in another room, and there appeared to be mixing issues for Deftones, although they were still pretty good. I think I should have done better by getting closer to the stage as I did for all the earlier acts.

Apart from the sound, the organisers did really well with lots of water filling stations, plenty of loos and quick bar service from friendly staff. Much social media feedback said too many tickets were sold, and that is why virtually every crowd appeared to be packed. Anyway, as I said it was an excellent festival with what I believe was a Download standard line up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back