Goodbye

Remove this Banner Ad

roobie

Debutant
Apr 30, 2001
North Melbourne
If it is all true and Carey is going then I want to say goodbye properly.

Thanks Wayne for all of it. Every wonderful, joyful moment!! It was absolutely my pleasure to watch you.

I don't know what you did to bring about this upheaval..it may not be your fault..I don't know but it is a tragedy for you personally to end such a fabulous career like this. I don't want to know what happened because my relationship with you is purely football and I will only judge you on this and on that basis, you are simply the best.

During 1993, 1994, 5 6 7 8 and 9 I kept saying that one day there will be a price to pay for this sort of on field brilliance, the great ones always pay: Ablett, Matthews, Coleman, Barassi, Lockett and now you. As I watched each game (and very few disappointed) I kept saying it just won't be the same when he goes and the longer he stays the harder it is going to be.

But this is unbearable!! Your last game should have been incredible. A match when we could all show you how much you meant. I am sorry you won't have it and if you are missing all that for the rumours I have heard then its all cr*p!!

I thankyou once more and wish you well. Your life at the moment must be in turmoil. Good luck to you and Sally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back