Multiplat Hell Let Loose

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Apologies if already a thread, did a search, saw no thread.

This is like all the rage now.

Huge map, teams of 100 online users each side of the battle. Each team split into different groups....command, engineers, infantry, etc. Emphasis on war simulation. Minimal onscreen display, as real life. One shot often kills. Game all about communication, key to play....commanders have abilities to communicate their tactics on the fluid battlefield to their captains, captains need to follow orders if theyre to succeed, troops need to listen to their captains, etc. Not a run and shoot kill-fest as such. Teams have to work long and hard at having cohesion, communication, battles can take a long time, etc.

On PC Steam PS5 XBX/S

Free to play, with DLC for other features.

Good short video on it ...

I played this through early access and shortly after. There was a really good Aussie server but some nights was hard to get on. I thought it started to die off, didn't realise it made that big of a come back?

I realy enjoyed it as a WW2 enthusiast (nerd admission: was in a WW2 reenactment troop when I was like 19 or 20) and loved it when dropping into role play squads. Especially the German ones and having to brush up on some words. There was a certain thrill from your squad being ordered to take up position just away from the front and then communicating every moving pixel just in case it was an enemy.

I played this through early access and shortly after. There was a really good Aussie server but some nights was hard to get on. I thought it started to die off, didn't realise it made that big of a come back?

I realy enjoyed it as a WW2 enthusiast (nerd admission: was in a WW2 reenactment troop when I was like 19 or 20) and loved it when dropping into role play squads. Especially the German ones and having to brush up on some words. There was a certain thrill from your squad being ordered to take up position just away from the front and then communicating every moving pixel just in case it was an enemy.
Theres a new challenger for that ww2 MMO style. Another newly released game called ENLISTED.

But by all accounts HLL is more unique, squad/team driven, more war sim.

Now that its come to consoles its picking up hype again.

Also, sorry...i said the game was free (thats enlisted), HLL is like $40-60 aud.

Played a few matches when it first launched on PS5 but didn't love it. Actually found it hard to get a game at certain points. Happy for the devs (Australian) that its still got legs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back