Ling

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't rate Ling as highly as most Geelong fans do. I'm in the minority in that regard but the parts of his game that I feel could be improved are his quality of disposal. He gets a hell of lot of the footy, but often it is from a number of quick handballs in succession where he'll pick up 3-4 touches in the space of 10-15 seconds.

He can be a slow thinker with the ball and often chooses the wrong option instead of playing instinctively. He turns the footy over too often for a key midfielder, with either shoddy kicking or a poor option.

He doesn't have the quality possessions a top line midfielder should have, IMO. If you compare his and Bartel's game yesterday, Bartel touches had more impact on the game than Ling's. I'd much prefer him to get 15-20 touches and for them to be effective instead of 30+ consisting of predominantly little handballs or kicks backwards which are often pointless.

He's a very good player but I believe he could be even better. I know most people will disagree with me, but oh well...

Falconer02 said:
Nah Im scared steven Lawrence might be driving.
It wouldn't matter, you'd all be busy counting how many fingers you have and trying to work out whether you have the same number on each hand.

SaintsSupporter said:
It wouldn't matter, you'd all be busy counting how many fingers you have and trying to work out whether you have the same number on each hand.
While you have that problem because you have 3 up your boyfriends date hole.

Porthos said:
That hack? Pfft.

Yeah, he goes OK. Dunno about All-Australian though...we can't even get shutdown defenders in that side, why should taggers be added?

Groovy, since Ling is just a top-quality midfielder who beats his opponent. Screw the tagger tag ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back