Mandatory Vaccinations And Medical Exemptions

Are you for or against Mandatory Vaccinations

• For

Votes: 292 57.4%
  • Against

Votes: 221 43.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We had a similar issue with my wife getting myocarditis from the first Pfizer vaccine. Was incredibly bad and in hospital for a number of days. First thing the doctors asked were if she had the shot. There were 2 other women in her ward with similar issues.

Following up with the Doctor she asked for a exemption from the vaccine as that was the cause, would only give 6 months and no longer. This was mid 2021 and no way will she get any other doses. Since then the kids have had covid a couple of times and no issues. We have never needed to test ourselves so may have or may have not had it. We have never received any follow questions regarding what happened. No Doctors have wanted to go into it and never asked for any more checks on my wife.

The amount of times she/we have been called anti-vaxxers is disappointing as our kids are fully vaccinated (not the covid ones) The more research that comes out has been showing how ineffective this vaccine really is and that if you're under 30 there isn't a need for it.

It's unbelievable that someone like Dr Phelps comes out against the vaccine and the usual sheep want to hunt her down and discredit her but not surprising. As people that seem to think they are greater the shots they have.

You just highlighted that you are anti-Covid vaccine. I also don't think Phelps came out against the vaccine so much as wanting more research into its long term effects as well as the long term effects of having Covid. You've just latched on to a piece of her opinion to s**t can the whole vaccine and its efficacy.

Again, the risks of myocarditis fatalities from Covid vastly outweigh the risk of myocarditis fatalities from the vaccine.

No they aren't.

If doctors go out and start scaremongering with anecdotes then they are doing a disservice.

There is no restriction on doctors reporting adverse reactions to the proper bodies. None.

Phelps: did she have this many tests and this much monitoring prior to deciding she was having long-term adverse reactions to the vaccine? If not, what are we comparing with? I don't know - that's why the people who know what they are doing are gathering data. More data and closer monitoring than for any other vaccine in history.
Dr Phelps doesnt like not being heard & it involves her partner/emotion.
She has the profile .
Good luck to her.

Yeah I find it interesting that the majority of the reporting is on vaccine issues and not long covid

most articles start with the vaccine stuff and if you're lucky mention the long covid

they also just soundbite parts of what she said without going into detail

you know to make it sound as bad as possible

media doing their best to stir up antivaxxers for more stories

long covid is a much bigger risk and we're seeing the impact of it right now but its being brushed off and ignored mostly

also be nice if they mentioned that every single issue Phelps and her partner have had can also be caused by covid itself, and at much higher rates
I hear long covid being used all the time but i really dont know what it is. is there an article around explaining it?
off to google :p

I hear long covid being used all the time but i really dont know what it is. is there an article around explaining it?
off to google :p
It's nothing new, it's been getting discussed since 2020.

Covid isn't the only virus that can cause long term health issues after the fact, just the nost recent one..

It's not a single issue or symptom but an umbrella term for a range of issues

It's nothing new, it's been getting discussed since 2020.

Covid isn't the only virus that can cause long term health issues after the fact, just the nost recent one..

It's not a single issue or symptom but an umbrella term for a range of issues
Similar to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?

Similar to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?

As a CFS/ME sufferer, I just smile and nod when I read about long covid. Plenty of illnesses can precede CFS. Covid has actually helped bring CFS to the limelight as far as taking it seriously.

As a CFS/ME sufferer, I just smile and nod when I read about long covid. Plenty of illnesses can precede CFS. Covid has actually helped bring CFS to the limelight as far as taking it seriously.
Can you explain what it is in your experience? Does not sound fun.
CFS was certainly not taken seriously when first heard of it decades ago.
I remember Alistair Lynch suffered from it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of post-viral syndrome publicity and research should come about after Covid. You'd hope. Not sure what new work is being done. Unfortunately the Covid advice was "get back out there, get back to your normal exercise load and general activity" when that advice set many people back.

Lots of post-viral syndrome publicity and research should come about after Covid. You'd hope. Not sure what new work is being done. Unfortunately the Covid advice was "get back out there, get back to your normal exercise load and general activity" when that advice set many people back.

When I first got a health plan for CFS, one of the first referrals was for an exercise physiologist. I'm not surprised this sort of thinking prevailed.

I hope she doesnt get the same amount of unsolicited vitriol from online trolls that Dr Phelps received after telling her own personal story.
How much of that is what Phelps said vs how the media reported it though.

Does not do the world any favours understanding mystery illnesses when they described as CFC and ME when most people have no clue what it even means. CFC is actually Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. It better if it described as such instead of shortened all the time.

i think what Dr Phelps is saying is not that "vaccines kill" rather that the doctors are putting their career at risk if they report their findings.

the official numbers of vaccine adverse reactions are skewed by not allowing doctors to report when they see adverse reactions.
No one has job at risk by reporting, you fill out a SAEFVIC or an ADRAC report and it goes to a database. I’m not sure on the process of getting aggregated results (obviously not appropriate for patient level), I have reported at least 5 anaphylaxis reactions that came to the ED (could be closer to10) and I haven’t lost work, Phelps also made report of her partners reaction.
Now as to what you expect to happen once you make a report, perhaps the expectation (Phelps wanted some contact/ follow up - that is not a routine thing)

We had a similar issue with my wife getting myocarditis from the first Pfizer vaccine. Was incredibly bad and in hospital for a number of days. First thing the doctors asked were if she had the shot. There were 2 other women in her ward with similar issues.

Following up with the Doctor she asked for a exemption from the vaccine as that was the cause, would only give 6 months and no longer. This was mid 2021 and no way will she get any other doses. Since then the kids have had covid a couple of times and no issues. We have never needed to test ourselves so may have or may have not had it. We have never received any follow questions regarding what happened. No Doctors have wanted to go into it and never asked for any more checks on my wife.

The amount of times she/we have been called anti-vaxxers is disappointing as our kids are fully vaccinated (not the covid ones) The more research that comes out has been showing how ineffective this vaccine really is and that if you're under 30 there isn't a need for it.

It's unbelievable that someone like Dr Phelps comes out against the vaccine and the usual sheep want to hunt her down and discredit her but not surprising. As people that seem to think they are greater the shots they have.
Exactly what magical test do you think exists? A cardiac mri now is unlikely to show anything as the myocarditis has resolved, similarly TTE or blood tests.

No one has job at risk by reporting, you fill out a SAEFVIC or an ADRAC report and it goes to a database. I’m not sure on the process of getting aggregated results (obviously not appropriate for patient level), I have reported at least 5 anaphylaxis reactions that came to the ED (could be closer to10) and I haven’t lost work, Phelps also made report of her partners reaction.
Now as to what you expect to happen once you make a report, perhaps the expectation (Phelps wanted some contact/ follow up - that is not a routine thing)
Sounds more like, we've been told not to talk to the media vs report to TGA
The articles purposefully don't make all of this clear

Back