QennisEx - Tennis Sim by akkaps

Remove this Banner Ad

Introducing a Tennis Sim, created on Excel

Basically, all you need to do is input player names, and with every refresh the scores and stats change
The sim is limited to a Best of 3 sets, with a Tiebreaker at the end of every set.

Also, still need to work on the commentary if I can be ****ed doing that. I just need to figure out how to format it correctly
And maybe extended statistics

Attachments

• QennisEx.xlsx
    101.9 KB · Views: 13
Hey akkaps just wondering with this, what backend data do you feed in for the simulation? Is it completely random (ie. the first serve percentage must be between A and B), or is there some requirements (ie. if a player serves X aces and only Y double faults, their serving percentage must be Z) type thing?

I'm thinking it would be great if there was a way to adapt this, where we have a set of statistics for the players that enter in (say values of serving - power, accuracy - and others such as baseline play, net play, endurance, speed etc.) and could theoretically have ratings for SFA players that are manually input, then run through the simulator to complete matches?

Last edited:
There is a hidden sheet that has a list of 100 different options which get randomly selected for each point. It was a 63% server win %age, and then a percentage of that is broken down into first service in or out, then lastly it if was a double fault, winner or unforced error or an ace. The percentages I took from a random google search.

Can definitely expand this to feature more results than just the 100.

Also could make different sheets for different attribute v different attribute, but it would essentially just change the win %age for each type of matchup. Each player would only have one attribute, not going to code too many extra sheets at the moment. They can be a power server, or a base player, or a net player, etc

I am not going to have 5% of this attribute and 10% of that attribute, etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back