Random Discussion - NO POLITICS, NO RELIGION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, but I'd bet there are plenty who have been doing it longer and harder than Josh. They deserve the recognition.
I am really not surprised he got the gig , Liberal party has had a few number one ticket holders over the years.

Perfect opportunity to ask. What is a “Number 1 ticket holder“ anyway? Isn’t that just a famous person who most likely doesn’t pay for his or her membership........ and any Joe Blow off the street can buy the exact same membership on Ticketmaster?

..... but they don’t have the broadcast cameras showing them 15 times in the biggest game of the year, Ash Barty style?

AFL patting itself on the back for banning delisted indigenous teenager from playing AFL footy as a "strong statement" that violence against women is unacceptable.

Meanwhile white millionaire Jordan deGoey lines up tonight with a fresh new contract.
And he’s a write off as a human being? People can and do things that they regret. A possible second change and education wouldn’t go astray, some people are f witts !

What Ivan Milat was unavailable?

Way to read the room Baggers, especially under the current scandals engulfing our government. I used to live in Kew and met Frydenberg a few times (even shook hands with him once ugh) and honestly he strikes me a a Used Car Salesman/Lionel Hutz/Saul Goodman type.

Isn't Will Smith a Carlton fan ? Couldn't we have signed him him instead or better yet, Dylan Alcott ?

Not Happy Jan.

What Ivan Milat was unavailable?

Way to read the room Baggers, especially under the current scandals engulfing our government. I used to live in Kew and met Frydenberg a few times (even shook hands with him once ugh) and honestly he strikes me a a Used Car Salesman/Lionel Hutz/Saul Goodman type.

Isn't Will Smith a Carlton fan ? Couldn't we have signed him him instead or better yet, Dylan Alcott ?

Not Happy Jan.

Let's put aside the fact that I don't like the idea of politicians being given these sort of titles at clubs. Let's also put aside that I am not a fan of his party.

I have met Josh on a number of occasions relating to the development of a community centre in his electorate before he became treasurer. He is one of the hardest working and genuine MPs that I have met in my time.
On the day of the opening of the centre I mentioned a woman in attendance suddenly collapsed while he made a speech and was taken to a room by ambulance officers when they arrived.

Before leaving the function to go to Canberra he went to check on that woman to make sure that she was okay. He is indeed a very keen Carlton supporter and a genuine person.
Your reference to Ivan Milat really is a poor one to make.

Last edited:
01e9548ff7ddd50043340f8e54f25c24.jpg

Charlie Curnow?

They saved private Ryan so he could coach us many years later?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Jeez, what a let down of a film. They spend weeks looking for Private Ryan who you as the viewer think is this muscle bound commander of the unit trying to find him and the big reveal when they do end up finding him is Matt Damon who looked like he was about 16 years old at the time. Makes you think it really wasn’t worth risking life and limb.

Haha. Thought it was well made to be fair.

Intresting fact:

There were real war vets who fought at Normandy watching a screening of the film. The landing sequences were so real that some had to leave in tears.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Jeez, what a let down of a film. They spend weeks looking for Private Ryan who you as the viewer think is this muscle bound commander of the unit trying to find him and the big reveal when they do end up finding him is Matt Damon who looked like he was about 16 years old at the time. Makes you think it really wasn’t worth risking life and limb.
I never got the impression they were looking for a muscle bound commander at any point. The name of the film is literally saving Private Ryan - Private, not commander. Most privates in WW2 were kids. I think you getting that impression is an error on your part, not the films.

One of the GOAT films, I have to re-watch it at least once a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back