FTA-TV Rockstar?

Remove this Banner Ad

Toby Rand is currently shooting a TV show with Denis Rodman which follows some Extreme Sports as well as some music from Toby's band Juke Kartel.

They were interviewed on MMM recently and if that interview was anything to go by, the boys will be having some fun:thumbsu:

Toby Rand is currently shooting a TV show with Denis Rodman which follows some Extreme Sports as well as some music from Toby's band Juke Kartel.

They were interviewed on MMM recently and if that interview was anything to go by, the boys will be having some fun:thumbsu:
Good for Toby, although what I'm really interested to know is why there haven't been any more Rockstar series? Was it crap ratings in the US? The fact that the bands featured so far have not kicked on since? Any other reason? Am really curious to know why it didn't go beyond 2 seasons as I reckon it was probably the best reality TV show (up there with Ramsay)

The guy behind it, reality tv god Mark Burnett chose to channel his creativity into his new show Pirate Master rather than a 3rd season of Rockstar. That was 2007.

Now I see he's got 3 new reality shows on the go for 2008. It doesn't look like Rockstar will be back anytime soon, if at all.

Pity, l loved it.

Good for Toby, although what I'm really interested to know is why there haven't been any more Rockstar series? Was it crap ratings in the US? The fact that the bands featured so far have not kicked on since? Any other reason? Am really curious to know why it didn't go beyond 2 seasons as I reckon it was probably the best reality TV show (up there with Ramsay)

i agree, this and Ramsays shows are the best reality tv there has been, as well as the apprentice.

Well reports initially after Supernova looked like another series was on the cards. At the time Van Halen was one of the bands being mentioned before developments there. Then like others heard it was canned with Burnett moving onto other things.

This was the show that was airing in the states awhile back I think Dicko was involved in. "The next Great American Band"

http://nextgreatband.msn.com/

Apparently they were looking at doing a series in Australia so who knows....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back