Prediction Round 6, 2024: Changes vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expect Farcy to return for Fremantle so we’ll have to contend with a forward line of Jackson, Amiss and Treacy (Taberner likely makes way for Darcy)

Jamieson to come in for either Rotham or Witherden if he’s fit but the extent of his injury is unknown

Luke Edwards is a forced omission. Take your pick between Hall, Sheed, Johnston or Trew to replace him

Ryan a chance to come in if they feel he’s fit enough and could be the LEdwards replacement if he is

Today was a pretty physical game and with a 6 day break leading into the derby there might be one or two forced changes to come
Ginbey copped a belting, was very impressed to see him play out the game but he was on one leg for the 2nd half wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get up

No, Sheed was awful, got touches, but was lazy, pointing to others to chase, and kicked into the man. Don't want him anywhere near the best 23.

There's no room at AFL level for lazy players. If you're not prepared to run both ways, you shouldn't be playing.

Can we already put Gaff back in?
Our team was playing so much better before.

Expecting to see:
In: Gaff, Sheed, Ryan
Out: Edwards, Chesser, Long

Can we already put Gaff back in?
Our team was playing so much better before.

Expecting to see:
In: Gaff, Sheed, Ryan
Out: Edwards, Chesser, Long
team america vomit GIF

Ryan off half back is certainly an interesting proposition. But if we learnt anything from last year, it should be not to rush players back. Ryan probably needs more fitness, Sheed more touch. I'd give both of them another week in the WAFL at a minimum. Likewise, while it's exciting to see players like Hall and Johnston do well, bringing them straight into AFL where they might get towelled up isn't necessarily a great idea either, let them develop.

I'd be tempted to just do Jamieson for Edwards and assess the rest after next week.

Out: the kick-mark, pseudo-web bullsh*t we have played for the first 4 rounds (and 20 mins into the start of round 5)

In: first use of the ball at stoppages and a desire for the contested stuff

Whilst Richmond were out on their feet yesterday, we looked like a completely different side (dare I say, competent?) when we stopped bashing out head against the wall that is the high-skill requirement of the kick-mark game, and started playing a contested brand of footy focused on running and stoppage work. We need to persist with it.

The Web is dead, Simmo. It died in 2020. Stop trying to resurrect it.

Gave away one free kick today, and recorded two clangers, presumably the free kick and the behind that just barely missed.

Haha today was one of his better days and he had less work to do but completion for spots will hopefully be up for grabs soon..
He has two signature moves that are annoying falling into the back or tackling high on opponents add repeatedly..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryan off half back is certainly an interesting proposition. But if we learnt anything from last year, it should be not to rush players back. Ryan probably needs more fitness, Sheed more touch. I'd give both of them another week in the WAFL at a minimum. Likewise, while it's exciting to see players like Hall and Johnston do well, bringing them straight into AFL where they might get towelled up isn't necessarily a great idea either, let them develop.

I'd be tempted to just do Jamieson for Edwards and assess the rest after next week.

I agree with a lot of what you said but Jamieson in for Edwards leaves us with too many defenders. It’s also unknown if he’ll even be available

Based on what you’ve posted I think Trew deserves a crack since he’s probably been the most consistent player for us in the WAFL

I agree that Ryan and co need to get their fitness up in the WAFL, who comes in? They will work that out i guess but lets hope we continue to make people earn their spots.

I agree with a lot of what you said but Jamieson in for Edwards leaves us with too many defenders. It’s also unknown if he’ll even be available

Based on what you’ve posted I think Trew deserves a crack since he’s probably been the most consistent player for us in the WAFL
I've put a line through Trew, he's just WAFL fodder for mine. Freo tend to go pretty tall, so don't necessarily have an issue with Jamo for Edwards. Maybe he can chop out in the ruck and leave JWilliams to stay forward.

Does Yeo have anything to worry about?
Nah. It was the world's most bullshit 50m penalty and I suspect it was paid because (a) it looked like a "hard" tackle and (b) the free-kick ledger needed squaring up at that point in the game.

It was incorrectly called a "sling tackle", the bloke's head didnt touch the turf AND he played out the game. Not even worth a second look.

In: Ryan, Sheed, Jamieson
Out: Maric, Edwards, Rotham/Witherden

Sheed was good yesterday, 25 touches, 7 tackles.

Ryan didn’t kick any goals but had 19 touches.
Not sure Sheed was good, he had 25 but didn't really do any noticeable or damaging with them from what I saw. Trew on the other hand looked good.

Sent from my Nokia X30 5G using Tapatalk

Just came to ask if Yeo got cited or whatever?

the sling tackle and the clip around the head (accidentally?)

Hope not.

Also Id make Brockman sub or drop him for Ryan, the guy looks lost out there.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gee I thought Brockman did some nice things. Yes he is still trying to find the ball more but I actually noticed him yesterday.

I still have more worries whenever Duggan or Cole go near it as they are the turnover kings.

We have been complaining that Gaff and Sheed are too slow for AFL. Now with 25 not good disposals and still a lot of pointing and not chasing his man people are saying he should be in, it's not 2018, both of them are depth only now.

Agree, it's time to move on. i don't want to see Sheed near this new midfield ever. I suspect unfortunately that we will though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back