sportstalk07

All Australian
Jul 10, 2007
Around Tasmania
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Northern Tassie
At the pivot point of season 2010 with 4 games to be played today. One played overnight between North Launceston and South Launceston at Aurora.

Today:
Launceston v Burnie at Windsor Park, 1pm
Launceston should be too good and too strong for the Burnie lads, despite Burnie's shock win against North last week.

Devonport v Glenorchy at Devonport, 2pm
Crucial game for Glenorchy, drop this one and life is a bit difficult, especially with Hobart having a "winnable" game against Lauderdale today.

Hobart v Lauderdale at TCA, 2pm
Hobart into the top 6 of the State League, but a loss to Lauderdale will undo that quickly. Should be a no risk assignment for the Tigers but...

North Hobart v Clarence at North Hobart, 2:10pm (ABC1)
Clarence in fine form with a faultless season to date taking on North Hobart who have had a bit of injury trouble of late. Certainly worthy of match of the day status but the Roos should record a good win here.

Tips (Todays matches Only): Launceston by 50, Devonport by 25, Hobart by 30, Clarence by 35

Overnight: North Launceston 9.23-77 def South Launceston 7.8-50
North led by 22 at quarter time and 31 at half time despite kicking a woeful 5.16 in the first half. South dragged it back to 10 points at the last change but North got the victory in very cool and cold conditions at Aurora to move to provisional 2nd on the table. Not a match that will be marked into the highlights reel for 2010.

Nth Launceston 9.23 (77) v Sth Launceston 7.8 (50) – Aurora Stadium (Friday night)
Clarence 22.10 (142) v Nth Hobart 9.9 (63) – North Hobart Oval
Lauderdale 10.11 (71) v Hobart 5.8 (38) – TCA Ground
Devonport 16.12 (108) v Glenorchy 9.4 (58) – Devonport Oval
Launceston 19.16 (130) v Burnie 7.6 (48) – Windsor Park

Hobart today.
picard-facepalm.jpg

That is all.

Went to watch Hobart v Lauderdale. Hobart were disgustingly bad and Lauderdale were good.

Robbie McManus was sensational

Went to watch Hobart v Lauderdale. Hobart were disgustingly bad and Lauderdale were good.

Robbie McManus was sensational

I too went to this game JS and i just don't understand why McManus isn't in any of the state programs. He is without a doubt in the state's best U18's team. I thought he was Lauderdale's second best player behind Siggins who was sensational all day. The Mariners have definately missed this gem.

Lauderdale thoroughly deserved their victory. Completely out played Hobart for the majority of the game. Agree with McManus, thought he was best on. Hard to find 4 quarter players for Hobart and i didnt agree with some of their coaching decisions. Too top heavy in the wet and at one stage in the 2nd quarter had 4 guys over 6 foot inside the forward 50 with no crumbing players, couldnt see the point in that.

On another note, its refreshing to see a scoreboard attendant who is quick, efficient and who can manage to keep the correct scores on the board. Too many times they **** up but the Hobart attendant was brilliant :thumbsu:.

I too went to this game JS and i just don't understand why McManus isn't in any of the state programs. He is without a doubt in the state's best U18's team. I thought he was Lauderdale's second best player behind Siggins who was sensational all day. The Mariners have definately missed this gem.
McManus in the Mariners no way he"s to far up himself mate .

McManus in the Mariners no way he"s to far up himself mate .

Seems like a decent kid to me. Even if he was up himself, who cares? This is footy not a popularity contest. McManus is good enough to play with the Mariners and should be in their squad.

Seems like a decent kid to me. Even if he was up himself, who cares? This is footy not a popularity contest. McManus is good enough to play with the Mariners and should be in their squad.

Unsure about him being in the best 18 in the state boys.

what just because he stands out in the lauderdale team if you put a 12 year old kid in there he will stand out and then you would be saying he shoulld be in the mariners. get along to bellerive this weekend mariners vs vic metro and see if he is up to this standard and you might find he still has a lot of work to do.

I don't need to watch a TAC cup game to know whether or not he's good enough. He is playing seniors for his club while some others in the program are playing 18s! When you've got a 16-17 year old playing quality footy against men then you'd think he'd be a chance for the Mariners squad.

As an ardent follower of Southern Tasmanian Football I would like to give my mid-season wrap up on how the southern clubs are travelling at the halfway mark. Firstly Clarence as we know are a brilliantly organised and well coached team. Obvious red hot favourites. North Hobart started well and seem to have fallen away. I was not impressed with the huge pre season spending and feel the coach has been off the mark with certain comments made. They seem to play with an unjustified arrogance. Glenorchy are in a mess and have been ever since they sacked premiership coach and club legend , Bowden. Lauderdale seem to be on the right track and their young players have shown improvement in recent weeks . McManus appears to be an absolute beauty and they are travelling okay. This leaves Hobart. They also spent up and have improved but appeared poorly coached on Saturday. Too tall in the forward line and certain players looked disinterested. Graham Fox is a puppet and Lance Spaulding calls all the shots- very smart. Not a set up that will work. The head honcho should know what he is doing which is not the case at this stage. Therefore Clarence by a mile with the Northern based clubs second and third and fourth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This leaves Hobart. They also spent up and have improved but appeared poorly coached on Saturday. Too tall in the forward line and certain players looked disinterested.

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed this. I won't mention any names but I will say that there are a few Hobart players that don't exactly rate Fox.

Hobart v Glenorchy is a massive clash for both clubs this week.

As an ardent follower of Southern Tasmanian Football I would like to give my mid-season wrap up on how the southern clubs are travelling at the halfway mark. Firstly Clarence as we know are a brilliantly organised and well coached team. Obvious red hot favourites. North Hobart started well and seem to have fallen away. I was not impressed with the huge pre season spending and feel the coach has been off the mark with certain comments made. They seem to play with an unjustified arrogance. Glenorchy are in a mess and have been ever since they sacked premiership coach and club legend , Bowden. Lauderdale seem to be on the right track and their young players have shown improvement in recent weeks . McManus appears to be an absolute beauty and they are travelling okay. This leaves Hobart. They also spent up and have improved but appeared poorly coached on Saturday. Too tall in the forward line and certain players looked disinterested. Graham Fox is a puppet and Lance Spaulding calls all the shots- very smart. Not a set up that will work. The head honcho should know what he is doing which is not the case at this stage. Therefore Clarence by a mile with the Northern based clubs second and third and fourth.

Agree with your assessment of all Southern Clubs. So why was Premiership Coach Bowden sacked? Be great if I could find that out? PM me if someone knows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back