AE Tipping Comp Format for 2005?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wondering what kind of comp we should look at this year. I'm happy to do it again, just thought I'd throw a couple of different options out there to see what format most would prefer.
a- Same as last year. You basically tip for every game, but you allocate 16 points for your most favoured winner, 15 for the next, down to 1 point for your most uncertain tip. You get points for winners picked, as well as the accrual of the selections.
b- Similar to the above, you tip games in order of certainty, but as soon as you tip a loser no further games count. Eg - 16 New Orleans to beat Atlanta, 15 Carolina to beat Tampa, 14 NYJ to beat BYG, 13 Miami to beat SF etc. NO wins, Carolina wins, but the Giants beat the Jets - you only score 2 points for that week, as soon as you hit a loser no further games count.
c- "Sweet 16" - You start off with tipping from 16 games, say you get 13 winners, next week you can only tip from 13 games. Week 2 you pick 9/13, next week you only get to pick from 9 games (your choice). Last man standing wins.
d- Straight tipping comp, 1 point per winner.

Re: Tipping comp this year

NakedDeadGuy said:
Just wondering what kind of comp we should look at this year. I'm happy to do it again, just thought I'd throw a couple of different options out there to see what format most would prefer.
a- Same as last year. You basically tip for every game, but you allocate 16 points for your most favoured winner, 15 for the next, down to 1 point for your most uncertain tip. You get points for winners picked, as well as the accrual of the selections.
b- Similar to the above, you tip games in order of certainty, but as soon as you tip a loser no further games count. Eg - 16 New Orleans to beat Atlanta, 15 Carolina to beat Tampa, 14 NYJ to beat BYG, 13 Miami to beat SF etc. NO wins, Carolina wins, but the Giants beat the Jets - you only score 2 points for that week, as soon as you hit a loser no further games count.
c- "Sweet 16" - You start off with tipping from 16 games, say you get 13 winners, next week you can only tip from 13 games. Week 2 you pick 9/13, next week you only get to pick from 9 games (your choice). Last man standing wins.
d- Straight tipping comp, 1 point per winner.

All very interesting. I guess for a starters we can mix (d) with any 3 of the above with the same tips. Sweet 16 sounds ok... but i'd rather tip all the games... I think (a) is prob the most logical pick.

I think A is the better option,we're all familiar with it,and being the defending champ i like it ;)

I reckon we keep it the same NDG. I prefer we keep everyone interested every single week.

Just a suggestion >>>

Come play-off time, I think it's fair that the 'play-offs' be arranged that the Top 6 overall point getters (after Wk17) along with the next two best 'most selected winners' as 'wildcards' qualify for the play-off to determine the BF Tipping Champ. Points would start from a handicap like 10 point start for Regular season Champ then stretch one or two point according to regular season finish. Thoughts ?

I know I just wanna beat Balmainforever **HIGH PRIORITY !!** & Your_not_me !! Add You Idiot to that list as I now have met him and he ain't gonna get bragging rights in my presence. no sirrreeee ! :p

I don't care as long as we don't accept tips after the games have been played otherwise its a joke and a waste of everyones time.

i'd be into this...i pick d, straight picking...want to make my tips, but not have to think too much over it, but looks like a is most popular so thats ok too. then again, the only game i get to see all year is the super bowl, so my NFL form knowledge will be flat anyway.

for the yanks on this board, are NFL tipping comps (you may call them football pools) popular at the office over there on stateside?

coasting said:
I don't care as long as we don't accept tips after the games have been played otherwise its a joke and a waste of everyones time.
Good to see you're not still holding on to any grudges there coasting!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah there are a few things on yahoo...

salary cap
tipping
survival tipping (pick one team to win each week... they lose, ur out)

.. not sure of others.

but at least we can make groups for them so you guys can see how good I am, haha. might look into it. I know we already have done this for one of those. plus we have our FF league

danielz_23 said:
yeah there are a few things on yahoo...

salary cap
tipping
survival tipping (pick one team to win each week... they lose, ur out)

.. not sure of others.

but at least we can make groups for them so you guys can see how good I am, haha. might look into it. I know we already have done this for one of those. plus we have our FF league
---------------------
survival tipping group:
---------------------
BigFooty
big (password)

Also... yahoo pick'em facilitates confidence tipping (i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4 ..16).... tipping against the line... and normal tipping.

I didnt create anything.. didnt think it was my place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back