West_Lever19

Debutant
Jul 5, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Geelong West St Peters
I was just wondering everyones top 5 for the GFL seniors this year.

Mine Are:
South Barwon- Too good and more than likely premiers also a great run home with only St Joeys to stand in their way.
St Josephs- Great team, a terrible run home having to play St Marys Colac South Barwon Bell Park.
St Marys- Great team but a tricky run home.
Geelong West St Peters- Have a decent run home. Should win all of them maybe a loss to St Marys though.
Bell Park- Great team probably deserve to finish higher but 2 losses in the last 2 weeks will probably see them finish just inside the 5

St Mary's is way out in front at the moment.. but obviously they rely on South Barwon dropping one of its last four games.

The only movement would be a Bell Park-St Joesph's swap, but on Bell Park's results right now (and St Joeys form against the better teams in the comp), that is no certainty...

The round 18 Bell Park Vs St Joseph's clash looms large right about now........

I was just wondering everyones top 5 for the GFL seniors this year.

Mine Are:
South Barwon- Too good and more than likely premiers also a great run home with only St Joeys to stand in their way.
St Josephs- Great team, a terrible run home having to play St Marys Colac South Barwon Bell Park.
St Marys- Great team but a tricky run home.
Geelong West St Peters- Have a decent run home. Should win all of them maybe a loss to St Marys though.
Bell Park- Great team probably deserve to finish higher but 2 losses in the last 2 weeks will probably see them finish just inside the 5

You only get a terrible run home if you have a charmed run through the middle of the year. St Joey's to miss the finals.. ouch

You only get a terrible run home if you have a charmed run through the middle of the year. St Joey's to miss the finals.. ouch

Charmed Run? Thats laughable. Its not called a footy season for nothing. Joeys will win at least 2 of their last four and finish in the top3, and i can guarantee you, not one of the teams in the five will want to play them on K Park.

Charmed Run? Thats laughable. Its not called a footy season for nothing. Joeys will win at least 2 of their last four and finish in the top3, and i can guarantee you, not one of the teams in the five will want to play them on K Park.

That doesnt make sense.. That was my point in that yes it's a footy "season"... You have to play some good teams sooner or later.
It just so happens that you play them in the last 4 rounds and if you drop 2 or more your in trouble.

I'll post on here in 4 weeks time regardless.. I'll either be eating my words or be saying i told you so. Time will tell

That doesnt make sense.. That was my point in that yes it's a footy "season"... You have to play some good teams sooner or later.
It just so happens that you play them in the last 4 rounds and if you drop 2 or more your in trouble.

I'll post on here in 4 weeks time regardless.. I'll either be eating my words or be saying i told you so. Time will tell

What I was trying say is that, during a season you will always have a good run with certain teams, and a tough run with others, but over a season it all evens out for everybody. As for Joeys last 4 games, St Marys and South are tough games, but if they can repeat their performance against those teams from earlier in the season, wins are not out of the question. Bell Park have dropped off, and colac is a home game. I think winning at least 2 is a given, 3 a possibility and all 4 not totally out of the question ( Very difficult I know ). All in all it is very even, and quite frankly a lottery. But i will concede, St marys appear to be the best team at the moment and will be hard to beat.

What I was trying say is that, during a season you will always have a good run with certain teams, and a tough run with others, but over a season it all evens out for everybody. As for Joeys last 4 games, St Marys and South are tough games, but if they can repeat their performance against those teams from earlier in the season, wins are not out of the question. Bell Park have dropped off, and colac is a home game. I think winning at least 2 is a given, 3 a possibility and all 4 not totally out of the question ( Very difficult I know ). All in all it is very even, and quite frankly a lottery. But i will concede, St marys appear to be the best team at the moment and will be hard to beat.

I have an issue with this comment... it doesn't even out at all...

Last time I checked this 12 team competition had just 18 rounds... if it was even there would be 22 rounds... everybody plays everybody twice...

In reality a club plays 7 teams twice and 4 once... now what if you're fighting for a finals berth and cop both North Shore and St Albans just once... and the team you're battling for a top five berth gets 'em twice...

ouch!

It hasn't been even since Leopold joined the comp in 1992... when it was 10 teams and 18 rounds... even...

Same with the GDFL... at least the BFL has some consistency...

My top 5 r:
1. South Barwon
2. Gwsp (bcoz of easy run home
3. Bell Park
4. St Mary's
5. Joeys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back