West Coast vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 10, 2006
Glorious nation Kazakstan
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm going to get barraged by opposition supporter posting pictures of babies, princess comments and being called a sook in general but the commentators agree with me.

As much of a shambles as we were tonight we were ______ by the umpires.

Kerr was manhandled all night and the whistle was only blown occasionally. If this ____ Boyd breaks the rules pay a bloody free kick against him!

Was hoping the bastard that laid into Kerr and Boyd got smacked in the face, good on Kerry for handing one to 22? or 28? one of them.

Horribly biased umpiring in general tonight

MG

Wtf? How can you even say that? *insert crying baby here*

I was at the game, and no before you assume anything Im not a Bulldogs supporter...I really didnt see anything wrong with the umpiring last night, seemed fair and legitimate...sure they're not gonna get every single decision, thats impossible, but overall a good performance from them!

Surely you're not blaming the umpires for a 10 goal loss :rolleyes:

So you wanted some more free kicks to a bloke who head butted Scott West and then sat on top of Dylan Addison (No.22 for your sake) and wrestled him.

So the 5 free kicks Kerr got weren't enough? Despite the fact that he'd headbutted West and attacked Dylan Addison for no apparent reason (Westy had just come onto the ground and Dylan had just disposed of the ball and hadn't been anywhere near Kerr). Kerr got 5 frees, Boyd gave away four...but where were our free kicks when Kerr DROPPED the ball after having prior opportunity and then proceeds to wave his arms around and be all 'he's holding me and I don't have the ball, umpire, he's cheating'. This happened twice in the one passage of play and at another stage during the match.

So the 5 free kicks Kerr got weren't enough? Despite the fact that he'd headbutted West and attacked Dylan Addison for no apparent reason (Westy had just come onto the ground and Dylan had just disposed of the ball and hadn't been anywhere near Kerr). Kerr got 5 frees, Boyd gave away four...but where were our free kicks when Kerr DROPPED the ball after having prior opportunity and then proceeds to wave his arms around and be all 'he's holding me and I don't have the ball, umpire, he's cheating'. This happened twice in the one passage of play and at another stage during the match.

Kerr's headbutt has no bearing on this issue whatsoever.

He was held all match by Boyd and the umpires did hardly anything about it. Heck, even the commentators said something about it and it's not like any of them even LIKE West Coast.

He was held all match by Boyd and the umpires did hardly anything about it. Heck, even the commentators said something about it and it's not like any of them even LIKE West Coast.

so kerr headbutting a bloke who has played over 300 games for a club had nothing to do with everyone getting into him,

come on buddy,

so kerr headbutting a bloke who has played over 300 games for a club had nothing to do with everyone getting into him,

come on buddy,

Have no problems for everyone getting into him, that's to be expected. However, to be held for nearly all the game and bugger all frees paid for it isn't. The umpires should be discouraging that sort of play and paying the frees. It happens to all the star onballers and is pathetic.

great umpiring last night. fair both ways. kerr got his frees.

the OP is a f---ing joke.

Have no problems for everyone getting into him, that's to be expected. However, to be held for nearly all the game and bugger all frees paid for it isn't. The umpires should be discouraging that sort of play and paying the frees. It happens to all the star onballers and is pathetic.

well he got 5, and from our end give away fck all free kicks, make kerr forget about getting the ball and smash west coast by 10 goals is a win win win,

every team is going to really get into him now,

Of course it does, if you're arguing that Kerr should have got more free kicks then surely we can argue that the umpires didn't pay enough against him also. If anything, the headbutt non-free kick and his non-holding the ball decisions make up for maybe a couple of soft free kicks for a player having an arm on his stomach?

Keep in mind there are 3 Umpires out there and if one, I mean ONE thought that Kerr should have got more free kicks then the bloody whistle would have been blown...

Kerr is just a soft c***, and if you WCE supporters can't handle that then you really don't know what fotty is all about.

Get over it and maybe your team can try and win one game this season..
only if they stop crying about every little thing that doesn't go there way!!

Can't understand you WCE's ppl - Just get a life...

i would say the umpiring was pretty crap for both sides. They would miss frees that my grandma could even see then pay weak ass piss frees. for instance mastens not getting pinged for holdin the ball and waters getting a free kick against him i the second for just looking at his opponent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the news tonight they showed 4 instances where Kerr was held and no free paid.

Umpiring was a complete joke in the first half when the game was in the balance. We were too poor later on for it to have affected the result but they really angered me during the first half.

The 50 not paid to Kennedy and the Cooney scoring a goal on the rebound was shocking.

Not all incorrect decisions were against us though - when Masten was holding the ball I was yelling at the TV to give the Bulldogs player the ball or it might be 50m, not realising Masten had not been penalised.

i would say the umpiring was pretty crap for both sides. They would miss frees that my grandma could even see then pay weak ass piss frees. for instance mastens not getting pinged for holdin the ball and waters getting a free kick against him i the second for just looking at his opponent

Like when the WCE player (forget who it was now but was in the third quarter) thought he'd been done for holding the ball and yet no whistle was blown?

So 5 free kicks to him are bugger all.

So 5 free kicks to him are bugger all.
Only a couple of those were for holding

And if there are 10 kicks there and only 5 are paid it's still wrong.

I'm not saying that there actually was 10 kicks there that should have been paid, but to say he got 5, that's enough is illogical. Every contest should be judged on it's merits. Do we only pay a percentage of free kicks to full forwards?

I did say I didn't remember who the player was, that wasn't the only instance we didn't get paid a free for holding the ball......
And there were plenty going the other way too. The Dogs fans around me were even shaking the heads at some of the "handballs" your players got away in tackles.

Wtf? How can you even say that? *insert crying baby here*

I was at the game, and no before you assume anything Im not a Bulldogs supporter...I really didnt see anything wrong with the umpiring last night, seemed fair and legitimate...sure they're not gonna get every single decision, thats impossible, but overall a good performance from them!

Surely you're not blaming the umpires for a 10 goal loss :rolleyes:

Fair and legit umpiring means they were from neutral states? Yes! Were they South Ausies, Qlder's or from NSW?? If you don't like complaints about bias I think that part of the angle needs to be addressed first. Doesn't mean there necessarily was bias, but I can't blame a WC supporter thinking there might have been.

The umpires weren't one way or another...they made some bad ones both ways but didn't stand out either way. I don't know why the WCE supporters and whinging about Kerr. They obvioulsy don't watch any other teams play. They never seem to notice Griffen or Conney being scragged or the fact that Scott West has copped it for the last decade and beyond. Apart from the fact that other teams cop it all the time as well. It isn't a WCE thing ! I agree that it needs to be looked at because it hurts us more than it helps us. The reason it stood out was because WCE have no Cousins and Judd now so you shut down Kerr, you shut down WCE. Anyway, he got 5 free kicks and head butted Westy and will be out for 5 weeks anyway!:D

Only a couple of those were for holding

And if there are 10 kicks there and only 5 are paid it's still wrong.

I'm not saying that there actually was 10 kicks there that should have been paid, but to say he got 5, that's enough is illogical. Every contest should be judged on it's merits. Do we only pay a percentage of free kicks to full forwards?

I didn't say that.

The poster said that he got bugger all free kicks. I said he got 5, and that's not bugger all.

Yes, every contest should be judged on it's merits.

Totally agree about the umpiring for both sides. The Masten blunder was by an Umpire in his first AFL game made worse by the fact that Masten stopped becaus he knew he'd got done cold, both players stopped, looked at the umpire who is standing there waving his arms for play on.:eek:

What I was more disappointed with was the return of JAMES (5). Widely acclaimed by all and sundry as one of the best umpires we have. All I can say is thatnk god he can bounce a ball, because his decision/non decisions are just plain wrong. Hopefully Geish will replay the game for him and he can learn from his mistakes.

When a player is tackled 15 metres from the boundary with no other team mate within cooee and the ball gets handballed/flung over the boundary like a tracer bullet, IT IS A FREE for either deliberate or incorrect disposal. IT IS NOT A BOUNDARY THROW IN. I think the player was Hunter.

When a player has his head over the ball (both sides) and gets his head knocked, THAT IS A FREE. It is not play on as you incorrectly indicated. On the other hand when a player (both sides) has the ball and ducks into a tackle and gets caught too high, THAT IS NOT A FREE. It is not a free as you incorrectly indicated.

When a free kick has been given for no-one knows why and the ball rolls away and all players stop to see which way you've paid it and you've blown the whistle to stop play but then a player picks up the ball and then you call advantage, you are just making an idiot of yourself.

I found myself bewildered or embarassed by at least a dozen of his decisions the other night (both ways) and have come to the realisation that for the only way for him to continue is to hogtie/blindfold/gag him to an umpire who can umpire correctly but can't bounce a ball.

His game was a huge disappointment if that's the best he can come up with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back