Who should host RWC 2007?

Remove this Banner Ad

I like to see the French do it.

They have already got the backing from President Chirac, and now Zinedin Zidane has now pledged to help with proposal.

France hosted the most successful soccer world cup in 98, and I think they would do the same if they got the rights to host the tournament alone.

I think France probably deserve it more & I beleiuve that 1 country bids will provide a better WC although they will bring in less revenue(in Europe anyway where the games can be spread through a number of countires).

The English bid is actually more interesting, they've said that they don't mind hosting a 24 team comp like the next one but they've also proposed a 16 side comp which obviously works better in terms of structure with a second tier comp run at the same time for the lesser nations.
This would avoid some of the thrashings that do RWC no favours at all & some of the lesser nations have already said they like the idea of it.

England has also said it will use certain premiership football grounds but I don't see how, afetr you have 10m areas behind the posts & the statutory 5m zone form the side of the pitch to any advertsisng hoardings etc then the pitches will be tiny & make for a bad running spectacle with blokes also able to kick goals from around their own 22.
France says it will use hte footballWC Stadia but I assume they will have the same problem.

France is way ahead in terms of support from other nations, no one really likes the RFU but an English WC would generate more funds with both cigarette & alcohol advertising banned in France so when push comes ot shove that may prove decisive.

Of course the English bid will get bugger all tangible support form central government unlike the French bid.

Personally i like the thought of trekking around France for a month or so with a couple of mates watching rugby, drinking fine claret(more likely Kronenbourg:D ) & chatting to the mademoiselles.

If England try and get the competition to be run straight after Super 12 like it was stated in the paper today then we'd have to do everything in our power to stop that.

For that reason alone i voted France.

Ms Storm, its actually the French who are leading as the favourites.

Next year in April, is when the final decision will be made to see who hosts the cup in 2007.

hmmm....... on the one hand, you've got unwashed, arrogant and smelly people whose women are hairy....and on the other you've got England.

Looks like France win hands down:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back