Winnie

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard a rumour today that Winnie has conceded that his knee won't allow him to play at AFL level again and has called it a day. If true I hope we get to say farewell in some way as he provided some sensational highlights for us in the late 90's.

Also where did u hear this?

And does this mean we'll have to send Baird back to the Rookie list (if true) or can we send Morrel back? Or do we HAVE to send Baird back??????

Please no.

I would rather Baird stayed than Morrel (On the snr list)

Hope this isnt true:mad::(:(:(:(:(

Go Roos
Wouldnt it be an the AFL website?

Originally posted by tashibatts
Also where did u hear this?

And does this mean we'll have to send Baird back to the Rookie list (if true) or can we send Morrel back? Or do we HAVE to send Baird back??????

Please no.

I would rather Baird stayed than Morrel (On the snr list)

Hope this isnt true:mad::(:(:(:(:(

Go Roos
Wouldnt it be an the AFL website?

I heard it this morning on the breakfast sports segment on 3AW about 7.30am.
I'm really not sure what the implications would be for our rookies but I think if a player retires then you can promote someone off your rookie list, but not 100% on that.
Don't forget it still just has the status of a rumour at this stage.

Originally posted by Groucho

I heard it this morning on the breakfast sports segment on 3AW about 7.30am.
I'm really not sure what the implications would be for our rookies but I think if a player retires then you can promote someone off your rookie list, but not 100% on that.
Don't forget it still just has the status of a rumour at this stage.

I think Baird would stay on the senior list. At worst he would have to return to the rookie list, only to be instantly promoted in place of a retired player.

I have doubts about Winnie's ability to come back from effectively a two year injury, so I won't be too disappointed if it happens. I hope he gets the opportunity to do a lap of honour so Roo fans can thank him for what was an exceptional contribution to the NMFC.

Moomba

k..

I will have to listen out..

We couldnt promote someone for Carey?

But I s'pose hes still on our list so thats different right?

IF we can promote someone (rather than have to demote someone to the rookie list) from the rookie list do u think it'd be Cooper or Tregenza (Soopa Doopa Coopa)

Oh this is just so sad:(
Better not be true.

Go Roos

Ooooooooops, me forgot about the demoting of a player coz of the long term injury gone..

So in that case Baird would HAVE to return:D Lil Star that he is!

Go Roos

winnie the roo

please keep us up to date on this one as it will be sad to see the back of him

he was still training on tuesday, glad to have a chat with him

who knows wether it had something to do with winnie wanting to go back west?//

Don't worry tashi, even if winnie calls it a day, he will remain on the injury list until North delist him at the end of the year.

I dont think that information was correct, I would have thought it would have been on the AFL site or somewhere by now, and there hasnt even been mention of it on hte news.. but we'll see tommorow (or today as it is 12.15am)

Go Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back