Universal Love Your Best/Favourite Moments of 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll start off with this ...

Still brings a tear to my eye!

Would have to be my best moment too

Followed by Doc and Cunnington, embracing

I'll start off with this ...

Still brings a tear to my eye!

Caroline Wilson wasn’t particularly enamoured of it :rolleyes: - so this makes it by far my most liked moment of 2022.

Last edited:
Favorite moments of 2022:

Sydney beating the Pies in the prelim by a point.

As a true Carlton moment...

Finally giving North a belting. We'd only beaten them 4 or 5 times by 4+ goals in my lifetime. The loss the year before when our season was technically alive was painful.

Dad played u19s for North and his cousin was Tommy Allison (father of Brett) so beating North has always been a sweet one for me. I could've been a North fan but Mum said to me when I was about 5 or 6 "you've got two choices. I can take you to the footy every week and you support the Blues or you can beg your Dad to take you and support them." Knowing he wouldn't take me I supported the Blues. It also helped that that was about the time Dora joined the Blues and having family at the club actively playing made it easy.

Best win - the Sydney game by a motza

Charlie got me as excited as any Carlton player in the last 20 years.

Unfortunately the last 4 Rounds have been deleted from memory.

I personally blame the Committee Room serving cakes before the sausage rolls during the Adelaide fiasco.

Yep, all went downhill from there.😎👍

Last edited:
Team-based: Round 1 win against the tuggers followed by round 2 against the dishlickers I pair them up as a one event - cop that opposition. First time in years, we saw an actual game plan paired to a dominant midfield.
Individual-based: Charlie coming back and staying on the field and getting better as the year progressed. Cripps shrugging off injury and being the #1 big dog in the competition - Cripps/Hewett/Kennedy absolutely DOMINATING.

lots to look forward to.

Best win - the Sydney game by a motza

For mine i would say the back to back GWS and Sydney wins. GWS may have had an ordinary year but when we met them it was their season turning game at their home ground. They were pretty healthy and season on the line, we were decimated and looking to find an identity or let another chance to be real slip. We busted our arse that day and announced we were fair dinkum. Vossy and Crippa(who played Centre and Ruck that day) were rapt. That was the day of THAT photo of the steely eyed Voss/Cripps handshake post match. Belief in both their eyes.

Then we were electric the next week against Sydney.

Those 2 games the highlight for mine. Followed by the final 2 games when we played finals footy without half our midfield against 2 real teams in finals pressure. They were big efforts. Really disappointing last 10 minutes both times, but showed this little brown duck that we could lift for the Big Time. And would be better next time.

Rd 1 the other highlight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d say my fave moment came when BT confused Sam and Cory Durdin. It has led to some champagne comedy around here, so it is the gift that keeps on giving.
come on t & j, have another swing at it......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back