Brisbane v Carlton: How far Brisbane?

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 10, 2000
London
Other Teams
Essendon & Arsenal
6-10 goals I reckon... given that its in Melbourne so the "yesterday's heroes" won't get their usual 80+ point humping at the hands of hungry lions.

What does everyone else think?

How far? Hopefully all the way to the gabba and back. Go and give them blues a (Kero) bath and find them a new nursing home to retire to.
Hopefully this message isnt in (to) poorer taste
eek.gif

------------------

I am a Lions supporter, but I dont think we will win.Our ruck is a rookie, if you cant win the centre bounces then you are in trouble,the forwards are not accurate, their inside 50 conversion rate is poor. So until those 2 areas are fixed, I think they will struggle.

Gee, John, the Lions are sooooo lucky
rolleyes.gif
to have such loyal
tongue.gif
supporters as you.... The season has not yet started for Brisbane and you are already dumping on them....How about giving them at least one game before you make your judgements ....

Is it better to stupidly gloat about how well you're going to go this year?
Would a Colingwood or Freo fan be called a bad supporter if they dared say their team might struggle? No.
There are fine boundaries between Pessimism, Optimism, Realism and Stupidity.

Onya john for daring to be objective....

Objectivity, well done John, looks like the Dutchmans brain has frozen over in London, Grendel would be better off soaking in the kero rather than drinking it, and as for Spot - well the little yellow dog is cute but he can only count to ten!

Dare to be honest!

The Lions would have to be my pick for the "Dark Horse" of the 2000 season.
They play well together as a team and have some extremely versatile players that can play both ends of the ground and have a major impact on the game.
Lethal has done a good job with the club.
If the Queensland weather continues as it has recently all Southern clubs will struggle with the humidity more than usual on the road trip to the Gabba.
Lets see another whipping of the boys from the Lygon St. Nursing Home.

Pete

Speaking of daring to be honest, far from being frozen over in the brain dept I'm just calling it as I see it.

That said, I do hate Carlton with a passion and as such might not be the most objective person to make this call - certainly I'll the first to be back here next week saying "hats off baggers" if they do somehow manage to grab the points. Can't see it happening though...

PS. I've also gotta laud John's onjectivity... just reckon you might be on the pessimistic side there Johnno... now team is perfect and you're is pretty damn good at plugging weaknesses and bringing blokes along.

Dutch

Write in haste ..repent at leisure..nice call dutchman.
Anyone who would give no hope to Carlton
at Optus oval would rate as a mental midget.
Any AFL follower would know they win most of their games at Optus and thats why Big jack
wont move any games or think about moving to the MCG or Colonial..in fact they have one of the best home ground advantages going around.Brisbane are a ok team but carlton at home is a big ask for any team.

Go Roo's

Hat's off Baggers!
eek.gif

End of the day, not too unhappy to already be 4 points clear of North, Brisbane and Adelaide after only one round.
wink.gif

(still gotta love that 3.10 first quarter by the Lions
confused.gif
- turn that around and the games over)

Cheers
Dutch

John 1, Dutchman 0.

You "if only" guys make me chuckle, "if only we'd kicked straighter", "if only we'd kicked more goals", "if only Hilter hadn't been born", "if only Wallis had have kicked it rather than take on Brown"........

Imagine how many flags our teams would have won if we added in the "if onlys" - but unfortunately Duchy they only count the "actuals"!!!!.

Dream on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MMM. I was right.
I believe Matthews had them locked up for over an hour after the match. Wouldn't have been a pretty gathering. The players deserved everything they got.
The axe will fall this week.

Your the Analyst,

Re "Sounds like a complicated form of gloating to me"

You're the analyst!, so maybe you're right!.

For what its worth I think the Lions are a good thing this weekend.

Dutchy,

Re : "Sounds like a complicated form of gloating to me Pete."

You're the analyst after all, you have to be right sometime!!!!.

Pete

sorry, try again dutchy!

but it's good to see some predictions coming out....keep it up mate!

cheers
staggy

------------------
2000: year of the bomber

Seeing as you like predictions so much Staggy, here's my Big Call for 2000:

Blues are better than the rest of 'em in the new Millenium.

or

Blues are going All the Way in Y2K.

by the way I'm a Pisces if that's any help.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back