Opinion Best ever Players in Jumper Numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Since no one else has 36, surely Dane Swan. He's favourite/near-favourite for the brownlow this year and has to beat no one! :p

Reckon Simon Goodwin has him covered. 4 time All Australian, 3 time Club Champion, 250 + games, 2 time Premiership player. Swan had a fantastic year, but his overall career hasn't been better than Goody's IMO.

I'll chuck up Roger James as 38, he was a terrific player for us and always stood up in big games. There are a lot of people who will tell you he won us that 04 prelim against the Saints pretty much by himself.

I'm sure there will be another worthy contender though.

Edit: Oh, and can I trumpet the cause of Warren Tredrea for number 16 again?

Premiership captain,
4 time AA CHF
AFL MVP
3 time B&F (with a possible 4th this year)
8 time leading PAFC goalkicker
Will play his 250th game early next year and has kicked over 500 goals.

16. Jonathon Brown > Tredrea IMO

When has Brown ever won his club's best and fairest, been named AA CHF, been voted league MVP by the AFL's coaches, been precount Brownlow ('midfielders') Medal favourite and captained his side to a Premiership all in the one year?

Memories are always extremely short in the media hype game.

When has Brown ever won his club's best and fairest, been named AA CHF, been voted league MVP by the AFL's coaches, been precount Brownlow ('midfielders') Medal favourite and captained his side to a Premiership all in the one year?

Memories are always extremely short in the media hype game.

Well I guess he hasnt done that? But being a completely neutral unbiased supporter I was just giving my opinion. I think Brown is a better footballer than Tredrea and has had a better career. Tredrea may have had a better season than any of Brown's season's but that's completely irrelevant in regards to this list, or should Wowoedin being included too?

FWIW - Brown has won 2 best and fairest's, a Coleman medal, AFLPA best Captian award, Runner up ALFPA MYP, AA CHF and VC, State of origin captain, AFLPA Most Courageous award, 3 premierships, mark of the year, club captain, and finished top 10 in a brownlow from only 10 games, in his first 9 season's of football, and will most likely add to that list this season with a few more years to come.

It's just my opinion but I'd take Brown over Tredrea anyday of the week.

Would have thought Ricciuto would go close to the #32, 8x All Australian, twice as captain, Brownlow Medallist, 3x Best and Fairest, Premiership player, 312 games - that being said, Watson was definitely a champion.
McLeod has been fairly good in #23 too

Agree on Ricciuto. The best and most under rated player in the last 15 years.

How about Robert Flower for no 2???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Brown is a better footballer than Tredrea and has had a better career.

Highly debatable, remembering Tredrea still put huge numbers of runs on the board early but we never got to actually see his prime due to him wrecking his knee at age 27.

Tredrea may have had a better season than any of Brown's season's but that's completely irrelevant in regards to this list, or should Wowoedin being included too?

Woewodin had a good year in 2000 but didn't even make the All-Australian Team. Tredrea was the the player of 2004.

FWIW - Brown has won 2 best and fairest's, a Coleman medal, AFLPA best Captian award, Runner up ALFPA MYP, AA CHF and VC, State of origin captain, AFLPA Most Courageous award, 3 premierships, mark of the year, club captain, and finished top 10 in a brownlow from only 10 games, in his first 9 season's of football, and will most likely add to that list this season with a few more years to come.

Tredrea has three best and fairests (+ three runner-up), 4 x AA CHF + VC, AFLCA MVP, premiership captain and that was before his prime. He gets undersold compared to the glory Riewoldt and Brown have always enjoyed.

s6pssl.jpg

Link

As you can see, statistically they're also similar, except Tredrea has maintained his averages for 65 or almost a full three seasons more (and spent 2006-8 hopping about on one leg).

It's just my opinion but I'd take Brown over Tredrea anyday of the week.

9 punters out of 10 would agree with you. As I said, he's been horribly undersold compared to other power forwards.

#41 - Adrian McAdam. Only 36 games, but surely far more electrifying than Nathan Foley. 7 goals on debut, then bags of 10 and 6 in his next two games. 68 goals in his first season.

No one seems to have rought up Brad Johnson @ #6.
Club Games Record holder. 4 or 5 All Australian berths.
About to become Premiership Captain too...........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back