Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 22, 2004
Safety Bay WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Brentford FC, Geelong Gumbies,
Ptfc_logo_small.jpg

Yes thats there are several other team related threads for the coming season so now its time for a thread for the mighty peel thunder who are written off year after year by many but the mandurah faithful have high hopes for the coming season that a maiden finals appearance can and will happen...With the return of Rory O'Brien and Danny Chatres and the signing of former Dockers player Heath Black along with VFL recruits Shannon Milward, Kain Robbins and Damien Lock the Thunder certainly have added some experience and on paper look a stronger side then last season when they finished 6th.

Peel Thunder 2009 League Squad

Code:
1 Hayden BALLANTYNE *       33 Justin BAKER 
2 Daniel HAINES                   34 Ben ELLARD 
3 Simon ROSA                      35 Glenn HAGGAR 
4 Dean Buszan                     36 Robert DAWSON 
5 Rory O'BRIEN                     37 Cailan TIMBRELL 
6 Matthew BATTYE              38 Mathew WARE 
7 Kane BLOXSIDGE               39 Bradley GREEN 
8 Luke HAMMOND                 40 Adam BOONE 
9 Hayden MCLEOD                41 Alan MCDONALD 
10 Danny CHARTRES            42 Michael HOLMES 
11 Bradley HOLMES              43 Christopher LUFF 
12 Brock O'BRIEN *              44 Will OELSNIK 
13 Ashley ARROWSMITH *    45 Jake FERRIER 
14 Will SCHOFIELD *           46 Mitch GREEN 
15 Zac BEECK                    47 Joshua BOLTON 
16 Shannon HURN *            48 Quinton BOLTON 
17 Jordan JONES *             49 Mathew BROWN 
18 Kain ROBINS                  50 Lloyd PADWICK 
19 Brandon HILL                51 Tyler KING 
20 Ben HOWLETT               52 Joe LAURENDI 
21 Heath BLACK                53 John NEW 
22 Justin GIUMELLI            54 Ben DUNBAR 
23 Brendan PAGE              55 Joshua EDWARDS 
24 Rhys SENIOR               56 Jack COPPIN 
25 Damian LOCK               57 David BUNTER 
26 Densil UGLE                 58 Ryan EYRE 
27 Bradley TRIPLETT         59 Dwayne BACKSHALL 
28 Robert BESWICK          60 Alan DAVIS 
29 Tom CLARKE     
30 Matthew ROSA *     
31 Christopher ATTHOWE     
32 Bradley EBERT *

* denotes afl listed player.

KEY PLAYERS

Zac Beeck - The former east perth ruckman was a great pick up for Peel last season and was dominant at times in the ruck which was one position Peel has struggled with in the past. Didnt have as many brain fade suspensions last season and once again is a key for Peel's chances of a maiden finals appearance in 2009

Heath Black - A new player to Peel this season after retiring from AFL Football last season and is expected to play a key role this season for the Thunder. He brings alot of experience to a young Thunder side and Muddy Waterman has already said he will use him wherever he is needed whete\her it be defence, middle or attack.

Simon Rosa - Was one of Peel's standouts last season and is an experienced midfielder who can also play half back or half forward. Is a leader of the club and needs to play well for Peel to challenge for the finals this season.

Dean Buszan/Kain Robins - Buzzy has been around WAFL traps for years now and has also called Thunder home for the last couple aswell and once he returns from injury is the #1 forward option with Ballantyne expected to get games at the Dockers....With Buszan missing the early games of the season Robins will be taking the key forward role.

Youngsters to watch: Ben Howlett, Alan Davis, Glenn Haggar, Jake Ferrier.

So all you Peel fans get on board and get behind the club in their push for a debut finals appearance in the WAFL at League Level.

--Side Note: Peel currently have 971 members and their target for this season is 1500.--

**Will add news and results etc etc as the seasno progresses**

Re: Peel Thunder Supporters Thread - 2009

Stickied for you peterss and other Thunder supporters. Also altered the title to bring in line with all other supporters threads, just a thing I have about uniformity. :D

Thanks mate.

Peel's side to take on East Freo this afternoon is:

B: Schofield, Battye, Black
HB: McLeod, Q.Bolton, M.Brown
C: Morabito, S.Rosa, R.O’Brien
HF: Ware, Robins, Haines
F: Ebert, Page, B.Holmes
R: McDonald, K.Bloxsidge, Howlett
I/C: Boone, Hammond, Chartres, Luff, Atthowe, Beswick, Lock

Looking forward to seeing how Ebert and Schofield go....Am surprised that Matt Rosa wasnt named for a run either...Must have been at the request of the Eagles. That centre line of Morabito, Simon Rosa and Rory O'Brien is very good and probably one of the best Thunder has ever had...Looking forward to seeing more of Morabito this season. Form our extended bench i can see Chartres, Hammond, Lock and Boone playing.

Thanks mate.

Peel's side to take on East Freo this afternoon is:

B: Schofield, Battye, Black
HB: McLeod, Q.Bolton, M.Brown
C: Morabito, S.Rosa, R.O’Brien
HF: Ware, Robins, Haines
F: Ebert, Page, B.Holmes
R: McDonald, K.Bloxsidge, Howlett
I/C: Boone, Hammond, Chartres, Luff, Atthowe, Beswick, Lock

Looking forward to seeing how Ebert and Schofield go....Am surprised that Matt Rosa wasnt named for a run either...Must have been at the request of the Eagles. That centre line of Morabito, Simon Rosa and Rory O'Brien is very good and probably one of the best Thunder has ever had...Looking forward to seeing more of Morabito this season. Form our extended bench i can see Chartres, Hammond, Lock and Boone playing.

I think you'll find Chatres will slot straight back into his FB position and Battye will emerge as a your leading goalkicker for the year.

Call me crazy.

Just got back from East Freo Oval.

We played reasonable but both sides were as bad as each other when it came to turnovers.....We should have won that one!

Best players from my perspective for Peel were: Simon Rosa, Danny Chatres, Ebert, Robins and Holmes.

Ebert was in and around the ball all day...Kicked a goal aswell...Schofield started quitely but got into it in the 2nd half and kicked a goal aswell. MacNamara was solid for East but turned the pill over a few times...and didnt notice Houlihan much.

Whilst dissapointed with the loss we didnt get blown out of the water and when Easts did come back we managed a few goals for ourselves to keep it close.

Bring on Rushton next week!!!

Peel have updated their membership total...We are now over 1200 :)

They really need to put up a link on their webpage about membership information dammit!
I wonder how many of them are senior members? I heard every junior in the district gets a membership as part of their junior registration which is charged for. I hope Peel aren't just finding creative ways to make the numbers look good for the WAFC? We'll see how many turn up to watch Peel play.

My two sons play for a junior football club in Rockingham, upon registration they recieved Peel membership forms now i'm pretty certain its happening to all junior clubs in the Peel district, i reckon there would be 10 to 15 junior clubs in the Peel region, do the maths.

My two sons play for a junior football club in Rockingham, upon registration they recieved Peel membership forms now i'm pretty certain its happening to all junior clubs in the Peel district, i reckon there would be 10 to 15 junior clubs in the Peel region, do the maths.

10 junior clubs * 7 teams * 20 players per team
= 1400 kids - and that's highly conservative because most clubs field multiple teams. There are 24 teams in the under 9's alone, so the real figure is probably around 3000 juniors including Auskickers.

If they're rigging the figures, they're not doing it by including all their juniors.

great win against Perth today. We toughed it out and out lasted a team full of past and present AFL stars. Our so called "no name" players prove that guts and determination pay off.
some will say we were lucky to win ... but it isn't over 'til the fat lady sings! Peel teams of the past would have lost by ten goals given the same situation with 15 mins to go.
Well done Muddy and the boys;)

Peel have updated their membership total...We are now over 1200 :)

They really need to put up a link on their webpage about membership information dammit!
On that note where were they, there was only 1000 supporters at the game and 300 to 400 were from Perth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to this Saturday, because there is one thing Peel cannot be beaten at and that is the cooking the mothers bring on their road trips (which is every week, where some of them live)!

I meet with friends of mine each time they come to Basso, son plays colts, (another friends son plays ressies & league) and you've got you're flask of coffee and within minutes there is a full spread of biscuits, cakes etc. Great cooks too! I usually take some chocolates but this time I'm thinking I have to show these people my cooking prowess! :D Something special, any ideas?

Oh and this year my wife, who never goes to the footy, has decided we better return the favour and make a day trip down to Mandurah next time. Who am I to stand in the way of her wishes? :thumbsu::D

Looking forward to this Saturday, because there is one thing Peel cannot be beaten at and that is the cooking the mothers bring on their road trips (which is every week, where some of them live)!

I meet with friends of mine each time they come to Basso, son plays colts, (another friends son plays ressies & league) and you've got you're flask of coffee and within minutes there is a full spread of biscuits, cakes etc. Great cooks too! I usually take some chocolates but this time I'm thinking I have to show these people my cooking prowess! :D Something special, any ideas?

Oh and this year my wife, who never goes to the footy, has decided we better return the favour and make a day trip down to Mandurah next time. Who am I to stand in the way of her wishes? :thumbsu::D

Good old Peel hospitality :thumbsu:.....Im thinking about heading to Basso this saturday swannies.....Would be good to catch up if your interested ;)

33 Justin BAKER
one of my favs
how many league games has he played?

Good old Peel hospitality :thumbsu:.....Im thinking about heading to Basso this saturday swannies.....Would be good to catch up if your interested ;)

No probs, I'll be there most of the day, starting in the stand above the visiting team's changerooms and then probably to the outer by the arvo.:thumbsu:

No probs, I'll be there most of the day, starting in the stand above the visiting team's changerooms and then probably to the outer by the arvo.:thumbsu:

No spitting at Peel players allowed Swannies ;)

who saw the thing about hayden ballantyne having the east wing named after him

personally i think its rubbish for two reasons
1. he is related to club officals (gets the royal treatment)
2. he is not a wingman and could just have a pocket named after him

In the west early this week, maybe last, there was a bio on young Rhett Mason from the colts, about up and coming stars from the WAFL. Well done. :thumbsu:

Can anyone tell me how Damien "the henchmen" Lock is playing? Any injuries, what position he's been playing ect?

just thought id add a few recent things that have happened post season.

ben howlett was the winner of the tuckey fairest and best medal for 09.
runner up was simon rosa.
kain robins was the leading goal scorer.

kieran butcher won the colts fairest and best and finished 09 playing in the league along with harley bennell who finished runner up.

chris waterman left the club as coach and will now coach subiaco in 2010.

trevor williams has been appointed the new coaching position.

the club has signed perth midfielder brendon jones.

Demons star signs with Thunder

KARENA COX
22/10/2009 4:00:00 AM
PEEL Thunder has finally got its man.After a bid to sign up prolific Perth midfielder Brendon Jones before the start of the 2009 season fell through, Peel struck a deal with the 23-year-old last week.
Jones was set to line up for the Mandurah-based WA Football League this year but Peel was unable to negotiate a deal with the Demons who refused to clear him.
Last season’s Perth best and fairest Butcher medallist, Jones was contracted to the Demons in 2009 but had indicated he wanted to move to Peel for family reasons.
Now out of contract, Jones was free to sign with Peel - which he has done and will now be with Thunder for at least the next two years.
“I needed a change and a fresh start,” Jones said.
“I have family in Mandurah which will make the transition easier.”
Originally from Quairading AFA, Jones made his league debut for Perth in 2004 and has since totalled 101 senior games - his 100th was against Peel in round 22 this year.
He has finished inside the top five in the Sandover Medal count for the past two years.
This season he averaged 26 possessions a game and has built a reputation as one of the hardest working on-ballers in the WAFL.
Peel chief executive Russ Clark rated Jones as one of the best recruits the club had ever seen.
“Not too many blokes finish in the top five of the Sandover Medal two years in a row,” Clark said.
Meanwhile rumours of Peel youngster Blayne Wilson moving to the Gold Coast at the end of the year were doused after Peel Thunder chief executive Russ Clark announced at a function last Friday the 17-year-old would remain at Peel next season.
Wilson was hotly tipped to be picked up by the Gold Coast to play in the VFL next year under Guy McKenna.
But Wilson received a call from Gold Coast officials last week confirming he would not make the move next year.
Thunder will kick off its pre-season training on November 9 under new senior coach Trevor Williams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back