Is Walker better than Cooney?

Remove this Banner Ad

parrot

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2004
Starting to look like Carlton actually got the number 1 pick!

Have Carlton's chances this year been deliberately downplayed by Pagan? On paper, their midfield looks pretty impressive. They have obvious deficiencies in other areas (i.e ruck and defence), but i'm finding it hard to find a midfield that is clearly better. I think West Coast were caught out today. They still have Waite and Kouta to return!

Originally posted by parrot

Have Carlton's chances this year been deliberately downplayed by Pagan? On paper, their midfield looks pretty impressive. They have obvious deficiencies in other areas (i.e ruck and defence), but i'm finding it hard to find a midfield that is clearly better. I think West Coast were caught out today. They still have Waite and Kouta to return!

Yes starting to after 1 game, please. Give the boys some time, at least until round 11 before you start making ridiculous comments.

Settle down you guys. Colin Sylvia ****s on them both! :)

In all seriousness, it's far too early to tell who is the better player.

Blues fans will be delighted though. Walker has already played 1 more good game than Massie (while at Carlton), Vance, Livingston and Wiggins put together!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by lamby29
Settle down you guys. Colin Sylvia ****s on them both! :)

In all seriousness, it's far too early to tell who is the better player.

Blues fans will be delighted though. Walker has already played 1 more good game than Massie (while at Carlton), Vance, Livingston and Wiggins put together!

Agreed. Wait a few years.

What's even more impressive is that Walker's about a year younger than the others. An amazing performance.

Agree that its a bit early. No doubt Cooney will turn out to be a great player i.e. not another Travis Johnson. The other impressive pickup is Ray. Just needs to put on some weight. Very skillful player, fantastic ball-winning ability, may eventually become better than Cooney.

They are completely different types of players. Cooney is much bigger in the hips and shoulders and will be a man moutain whereas Walker has silkier skills and more pace. Both clubs have done exceptionally well to get these players.

Originally posted by parrot

Haven't seen the Saints midfield??????????????

Originally posted by Port01
I think you meant they did exceptionally badly to get these players.

You know what I mean.:D

In ten years time we wont remember that Cooney was a result of us finishing last just that he is a bulldog legend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back