Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Thank you Lochie, Josh & Sam :carlton:

All the best for whatever the future brings.

The Carlton Football Club can confirm three changes to its playing list following the conclusion of its 2023 AFL season, with Josh Honey, Sam Philp and Lochie O’Brien to depart IKON Park.

“The Club wishes all three players nothing but the best for the next chapter in their journey.”

I hate this time of the year 😢

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks boys.
Honey looked promising in his first half a dozen games, but never really replicated it.
Philp I never saw anything of given that I don't see much VFL.
LOB. Similar to Honey. Showed a fair bit in his first year and glimpses after that, but could never get a good run at it. Can't help but wonder how he would've gone if he'd continued to get regular games and developed in the seniors.

Can only imagine that LOB has been offered a spot somewhere but no interest in doing a trade, so he's agreed to take a small payout and we've agreed to let him take his new opportunity.

Best of luck to all.

I still fondly remember a few years ago against the Dogs, LOB was having a pretty damaging game on the wing. One of the Dogs players during an interview at the break even acknowledged him and said they needed to find a way to stop him.

Always hoped for more of that but sadly wasn't to be.

LOB could damage with that left foot but I think just struggled defensively. I really wanted him to make it. Think he could still earn a contract somewhere. Showed resilience out of position when he played half back early on. Shame about Philp not getting a decent crack at it with the injuries he’s experienced, some here had some good things to say about him from the 2s. Honey just overtaken by some of the other boys, especially the second half of this year. Showed some special glimpses of what he can do when on.

Thanks for representing the jumper boys, your efforts are appreciated and wish all three the best in their future endeavours.

Although extremely disappointed that Lochie has been delisted I understand it’s a tough business

The fact is he has played 66 games more than I ever did for my beloved Blues and always gave it his best.

I have said on numerous occasions that culture and development before Voss arrived was extremely poor and many draftees suffered. Timing in life can be everything.

Hopefully he will get a go somewhere else and realise his potential. Fingers crossed

Whatever happens he will do well in his life. He is quality kid with great loving parents. 🙏

Although extremely disappointed that Lochie has been delisted I understand it’s a tough business

The fact is he has played 66 games more than I ever did for my beloved Blues and always gave it his best.

I have said on numerous occasions that culture and development before Voss arrived was extremely poor and many draftees suffered. Timing in life can be everything.

Hopefully he will get a go somewhere else and realise his potential. Fingers crossed

Whatever happens he will do well in his life. He is quality kid with great loving parents. 🙏
Great post mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back