Movements for 2011.

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely a player would not get less then 10 weeks if found guilty? Common assault is common assault. If the alleged incident happened in Wilson St then there would be a prison sentence.

Just got the phone call that tribunal have thrown out the case due to technicality of something WFL failed to do!

Anyone else heard anything?

Wimmera Football League Tribuneral is an absolute disgrace, Horsham demons kissed on the *#@% again. There is no justice in the system. Its unfortunate but now players will have to seek revenge as it is the only way justice might prevail. Lets hope Matt Jones squares the ledger early next season on the dirty ginger sniper...

Wimmera Football League Tribuneral is an absolute disgrace, Horsham demons kissed on the *#@% again. There is no justice in the system. Its unfortunate but now players will have to seek revenge as it is the only way justice might prevail. Lets hope Matt Jones squares the ledger early next season on the dirty ginger sniper...

Old Bomber, you need to have some understanding of law before you shoot your mouth otherwise it will be beyond reasonable doubt that your IQ is lower than your shoe size!

The Tribunal made the correct decision and the only decision they could make as WFL failed to follow due process. Processes are there to ensure every accused person receives a fair hearing.

I would be 100% sure if you were accused of something you would expect the same.

Back on to footy matters....
Looks like an interesting finish for the 4th and 5th spots with saints and M/M faltering a bit with Stawell and Ararat on the rise. Dimmy also not travelling as well but probably have enough points up...if Stawell get over Saints today they will be in the box seat with a easier finish to the year and could even grab 3rd..if saints lose today they may not win another game !!!!!!!!!!!!
Stawell v Ararat in a couple of weeks should be a ripper with the winner a good chance of making finals unless saints or M/M can upset a team above them......Ararat should be in the five after this week but have Warrak and Horsham last two rounds..Next few weeks will be interesting !!!! .....and yes Fancy I know its all probably elementry with Horsham dominating but I'm sure its important for the teams involved....
For what its worth I still think Warrak can challange Horsham (maybe thats wishful thinking)

Burras may now be in box seat to make the 5. Ararat play 2 top teams in remaining matches so hard to see them making it. Probably comes down to winner of Saints v Burras match next week to who will grab 5th spot. Stawell appear to have done enough to secure 4th spot.

Burras may now be in box seat to make the 5. Ararat play 2 top teams in remaining matches so hard to see them making it. Probably comes down to winner of Saints v Burras match next week to who will grab 5th spot. Stawell appear to have done enough to secure 4th spot.

Your probably right there Slenko. It may all come down to the one game between the Saints and the Burras. Could be a slug fest in the mud?

Old Bomber, you need to have some understanding of law before you shoot your mouth otherwise it will be beyond reasonable doubt that your IQ is lower than your shoe size!

The Tribunal made the correct decision and the only decision they could make as WFL failed to follow due process. Processes are there to ensure every accused person receives a fair hearing.

I would be 100% sure if you were accused of something you would expect the same.

Hang on here a minute. The Horsham president was quoted Wednesday’s paper as saying “it’s good that the matter is coming to a head and will be resolved instead of lingering on”. He also said “it will clear the air for everyone”. How on earth does it clear the air when you then seek to have your player’s hearing abandoned because of a technicality?
I can tell you, this will linger for a long time. They have created some bad blood with yet another club and have created another tainted finals campaign.
This isn’t about the law Slenko, it’s about integrity.

Hang on here a minute. The Horsham president was quoted Wednesday’s paper as saying “it’s good that the matter is coming to a head and will be resolved instead of lingering on”. He also said “it will clear the air for everyone”. How on earth does it clear the air when you then seek to have your player’s hearing abandoned because of a technicality?
I can tell you, this will linger for a long time. They have created some bad blood with yet another club and have created another tainted finals campaign.

Like I said Fancy if you were charged with an offence I am 110% sure you would expect to exert your constitutional rights to a fair hearing!

If you expect them so should everyone else deserve them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldnt agree more...and yes slenko it would have to be 100% proven before they handed down an appropriate sentence.

If you remember another incident last year involving technicalities and procedures with the WFL tribuneral that have allowed players like kelm to get off for striking hanns when he already had 4 weeks suspended from the beer incident because the umpire forgets to put his name on the report. The umpire was asked if he wanted to make any amendments he later said yes and put kelms name on the report card yet the WFL tribuneral still threw it out. The fact is that Kelm struck hanns and got away with it.

I didnt see the incident involving burke and jones, but to sustain 3 breaks in your jaw and require surgery obviously a signigicant level of high contact has been made off the ball to the head and whether it was fist or elbow it doesnt matter. He should have been suspended...If nhill had any balls they would surely appeal this ruling or possibly even consider legal options

Couldnt agree more...and yes slenko it would have to be 100% proven before they handed down an appropriate sentence.

If you remember another incident last year involving technicalities and procedures with the WFL tribuneral that have allowed players like kelm to get off for striking hanns when he already had 4 weeks suspended from the beer incident because the umpire forgets to put his name on the report. The umpire was asked if he wanted to make any amendments he later said yes and put kelms name on the report card yet the WFL tribuneral still threw it out. The fact is that Kelm struck hanns and got away with it.

I didnt see the incident involving burke and jones, but to sustain 3 breaks in your jaw and require surgery obviously a signigicant level of high contact has been made off the ball to the head and whether it was fist or elbow it doesnt matter. He should have been suspended...If nhill had any balls they would surely appeal this ruling or possibly even consider legal options

So what your saying is the guys that done damage to Jonathon Brown face should have got life?

Constitutional rights! For gawd sakes what a load of crapola.

Thats right Fancy. The same rights that are afforded to you.

So what your saying is a footy club should never be allowed to go to a tribunal and try and get a player of a charge?

s**t mate, time to get out of the cave!

So what your saying is the guys that done damage to Jonathon Brown face should have got life?

Not at all that was in play and unlucky, the issue here is we are talking about a behind the play and well off the ball incident that resulted in a serious head injury for whatever reason and the investigation should have gone ahead to put this matter to rest, we would have found out for sure if he was guilty then....

I think perhaps the biggest issue out of all this is how many stuff ups have the WFL tribuneral had over the last few years? It is clear they are not learning from their mistakes or have any common sense i might add and time and time again they are proving themselves to be unreliable and completly f+%$:!@ incompetent.

Oldbomber, for your own sake you should include the word allegedly when referring to such incident. You are posting on a public forum and you have no protection from the law as such. Technically Jordy Burke already has a case against you if he wanted.

Oldbomber, for your own sake you should include the word allegedly when referring to such incident. You are posting on a public forum and you have no protection from the law as such. Technically Jordy Burke already has a case against you if he wanted.

For some reason Slenko you are avoiding the real issue here.
A player has serious head injuries after a game of football. We all want to know how this has happened.

The Horsham president has said they want the issue resolved.

If there is a another Horsham player who was involved then they should be put in front of the tribunal. for such process not to go ahead is a hugely disappointing and is a lack in duty of care by the WFL of it's players. If the Horsham football club knows which player was involved they should have that player face the consequences and not hide behind a mistake by the WFL.

What a pathetic effort from the HFC. For a club that sings praises about it's junior development it reeks of double standards when it comes to playing football for the right reasons. winning premierships should never come before horrific injuries such as those sustained by Matt Jones.

It's time they pulled in their hugely inflated heads in and sent a real message to the league about why football is the best sport in country Victoria. If the issue does not get investigated we may as well see the remainder of the season a farce, this is not 1970 anymore and players should expect to be kept safe from antisocial behaviour on the footy field.

Pull your head in Slenko and look at the real issue. You're disregard for the justice and safety of our footballers makes me sick. Nobody wants to play in a league where a blind eye is turned to thugs.

I gather the charge was thrown out due a technical error on behalf of one party. Who stuffed up? Was it the investigator, a league official, a club official or the tribunal? I don't know. So the matter is over unless an appeal is lodged. If it was an error by anyone other than a club official than the fault ultimately rests with the Wimmera Football League. This has happened before! Time for the WFL board to do what is needed to prevent this from happening again for the sake of the reputation of the league and also for the protection and retention of it's players.

OMG! You just dont get it do you slenko....ill try and break it down for you a bit more then.

Matt Jones jaw did not break itself....somehow he and the club know who was responsible for this hence why Nhill asked the wimmera league to investigate Jordy Burke not some one else, they would not have pointed the finger without a sole witness or on suspicion alone.

The word alleged applies to the media because he hasnt been charged and found guilty of his offence...because it never went to trial. Yes JB has the right to a fair trial but what about the rights of the victim on the recieving end?

FACT - it was the high contact from JB off the ball and behind play that resulted in matt jones jaw becoming broken and bottom line is investigation should have gone ahead and now an appeal should be put in by nhill, so as for your request to me to use the word 'allegedly' you are dreaming.

As for your humourous statement I have no protection by law this is a public forum and JB may have a case against me (blah blah blah) thats fine, ill take my chances....its not like i broke any1s jaw!

If a bloke got whacked behind play, and broke his jaw in 3 spots, the only question I've got is "where the **** were his team mates?" Surely a hit like that would cause some kind of a blue, unless his team mates either 1) don't lke the bloke or 2) are a bunch of girls.

Haven't seen a WFL game for a couple of years, so have no idea of the blokes mentioned, but seriously?

For some reason Slenko you are avoiding the real issue here.
A player has serious head injuries after a game of football. We all want to know how this has happened.

The Horsham president has said they want the issue resolved.

If there is a another Horsham player who was involved then they should be put in front of the tribunal. for such process not to go ahead is a hugely disappointing and is a lack in duty of care by the WFL of it's players. If the Horsham football club knows which player was involved they should have that player face the consequences and not hide behind a mistake by the WFL.

What a pathetic effort from the HFC. For a club that sings praises about it's junior development it reeks of double standards when it comes to playing football for the right reasons. winning premierships should never come before horrific injuries such as those sustained by Matt Jones.

It's time they pulled in their hugely inflated heads in and sent a real message to the league about why football is the best sport in country Victoria. If the issue does not get investigated we may as well see the remainder of the season a farce, this is not 1970 anymore and players should expect to be kept safe from antisocial behaviour on the footy field.

Pull your head in Slenko and look at the real issue. You're disregard for the justice and safety of our footballers makes me sick. Nobody wants to play in a league where a blind eye is turned to thugs.

Deccan18

Your delusions of grandeur are only exceeded by your obvious shallow and inept understanding of the law.

You appear to sing to the chorus that players should not be exempted from criminal charges just because it happens on a footy field but at same time state that such players should not have any legal rights as it is a game of footy not a court of law.

Here is some legal terms for you to read up on. "Due Process", "Separation of Power", "Natural Justice". Once you have read them and understand them come back and have your say.

You will understand that once a case is polluted and natural justice cannot be served the case cannot proceed.

The law affords more protection to the accused than the offended that is the fact. Do not blame me for that I live by those same rules as do you. The accused is afforded those rights as one is innocent until proven guilty. Where there is doubt the ruling must be in the accused favor.

If the tribunal decreed that due process had not been followed then simply the only finding is that natural justice cannot be served or seen to be served. Your anger or discontent should be directed at WFL as they are the ones who failed to follow due process (by my reading of WMT todays issue)

Again for your sake, just as a player is not exempted from the law on a footy field he is not denied his legal rights either just because it occurred on a footy field. Be smart enough to realise where fault lies and don't let your emotion rule your brain or whatever else you are currently thinking with!

OMG! You just dont get it do you slenko....ill try and break it down for you a bit more then.

Matt Jones jaw did not break itself....somehow he and the club know who was responsible for this hence why Nhill asked the wimmera league to investigate Jordy Burke not some one else, they would not have pointed the finger without a sole witness or on suspicion alone.

The word alleged applies to the media because he hasnt been charged and found guilty of his offence...because it never went to trial. Yes JB has the right to a fair trial but what about the rights of the victim on the recieving end?

FACT - it was the high contact from JB off the ball and behind play that resulted in matt jones jaw becoming broken and bottom line is investigation should have gone ahead and now an appeal should be put in by nhill, so as for your request to me to use the word 'allegedly' you are dreaming.

As for your humourous statement I have no protection by law this is a public forum and JB may have a case against me (blah blah blah) thats fine, ill take my chances....its not like i broke any1s jaw!

Oldbomber

Do some reading on defamation. All you have to do is slander someone by communicating to another party that which is unproven or known to be untrue. Everyone is bound by that not just the media.

Wake up before you are in trouble as if I were representing you I would let them hang you and if you complained about not receiving natural justice I would say no let the trap door go as he wouldn't give a s**t if it were someone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back