The National
Dirty Projectors
Destroyer
Robyn
ADELE (I WILL go as far as hate here)
Joanna Newsom
The Pains of Being Pure at Heart
Animal Collective

Then again, the hype for most of the above seems to be generated by Pitchfork, so maybe that explains it. That'll do for now.

I won't go as far as hate, but I just don't get the hype around:

Fleet Foxes (agreed)
The National
Dirty Projectors
Destroyer
Robyn
ADELE (I WILL go as far as hate here)
Joanna Newsom
The Pains of Being Pure at Heart
Animal Collective

Then again, the hype for most of the above seems to be generated by Pitchfork, so maybe that explains it. That'll do for now.
Agree with Joanna Newsom, a lot of my friends are big fans but I've never dug her. May as well chuck in her ex-beau Devandra too.

Mr. November by the National is too good a song for me to ever hate them, but again I'm not a big fan.

Also, I can't stand Guns n' Roses.

This thread will be a gold mine for the trolls.

U2
Foo Fighters
Powderfinger
Coldplay
Pearl Jam

That would be my top 5. They all have one thing in common too, a complete ****ing idiot full of self importance as a lead singer.

Agree with the already listed, the National, Grizzly Bear, Animal Collective and I must throw in James Blake.

I also agree with the earlier mention of Adele, I downloaded her album earlier in the year after hearing Rolling in the Deep, but that is far and away the only really good song on the album. The others are just all piano rubbish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

U2
Foo Fighters
Powderfinger
Coldplay
Pearl Jam

That would be my top 5. They all have one thing in common too, a complete ****ing idiot full of self importance as a lead singer.

Dave Grohl? Really?? I'd have thought he'd be one of the most down to earth rock stars on the planet (I can see your point with the others though)

Nick Cave owns this thread
Boy and Bear (God I can't stand that Crowded House cover)
Paul Dempsey

Not hate, but don't particularly like:

Kings of Leon
The Killers
AC/DC
U2
Foo Fighters
Guns N Roses
Metallica
Nirvana
The Beatles
Radiohead

...off the top of my head.

Please tell me how Dave Grohl and Eddie Vedder are 'a complete ****ing idiot full of self importance'?

It's a shit thread, full stop.

Any thread that is asking people to say what they hate is going to throw up some ridiculous posts.

Coldplay

Cant stand them. Dont get it

Muse

Over the top musical theatrics....they sound like a Queen tribute band

Powderfinger

My Happiness is an Aussie classic. But the rest of their body of work is middle of the road dross.

INXS

Not sure if they qualify under this thread title..........does anybody actually consider them good in the first place?

Pixies
Sonic Youth

Cant say I hate them, both bands are indie legends and anybody worth their salt is supposed to rate them highly, but I never really got these bands........especially Sonic Youth, theres only so much feedback a man can handle. Pixies had one or two great songs but I could never sit through an album, let alone a gig.
Wont give up on them though, will keep trying, it took me ages to get Nirvana and even longer to get Iggy Pop.

Animal Collective X 10000000 Complete hipster bullshit, add Bon Iver, Ryan Adams etc in to that.

Fleet Foxes first releases were quite worthy of the hype, it's just the new album that's them basically phoning it in.

Animal Collective X 10000000 Complete hipster bullshit.

They certainly can polarize the listener, but I applaud them for what they're doing.
A unique sound amongst tens of thousands of bands out there stands for something and MPP will go down as close to classic status.
Solo albums by Panda Bear and Avey Tare also highlight the smarts of these guys.

Bob Dylan.

Don't hate him at all, but I just don't get it. Do not get it whatsoever.

i'll second this.
i'm all over most the 'music legends' but dylan has never clicked with me,
just not feeling it.

mind you.. the stones did not really click with me until last year (exile reissue and all that) so it could happen. i don't force these things tho.

could never see the appeal of joy division/new order
lot of overrated shite that
same with happy mondays/stone roses. boring bands imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back