Up the Arse! Goons thread Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally dont feel any excitement from RVP's volley, i think its because i expect him to do that. Still a great volley now all i want for him to do is beat sheares record.

Song is getting better and better, just brilliant.

What? You can't just pick that pass out and say he's getting better and better, it was only 15 minutes before the pass I was thinking "I wish they'd stop giving the ball to Song, he's terrible at passing". That flick over the top was essentially the only good pass he put in all game.

As for getting better and better, he was terrible in the Wigan game, and remains both inconsistent, and far too willing to 'earn a card' when doing so is totally unnecessary.

It's the same as suggesting that our defence is getting better and that against Everton it was the best they'd played - the result is skewed by the fact that we were playing four centre halves against a team that has and did predominantly play awful English hoofball. On the few occasions Everton actually did play the ball using short passes and width, we were very shaky.

As for best Gunner, my money remains with Dennis Bergkamp.

What? You can't just pick that pass out and say he's getting better and better, it was only 15 minutes before the pass I was thinking "I wish they'd stop giving the ball to Song, he's terrible at passing". That flick over the top was essentially the only good pass he put in all game.

As for getting better and better, he was terrible in the Wigan game, and remains both inconsistent, and far too willing to 'earn a card' when doing so is totally unnecessary.

It's the same as suggesting that our defence is getting better and that against Everton it was the best they'd played - the result is skewed by the fact that we were playing four centre halves against a team that has and did predominantly play awful English hoofball. On the few occasions Everton actually did play the ball using short passes and width, we were very shaky.

As for best Gunner, my money remains with Dennis Bergkamp.

Song has been great this season, got quite a few assists to his name I believe. Making more forward runs too.

In the position he plays he is always going to get booked.

Bergkamp was great, but again, Henry was just on another level.

Song has been great this season, got quite a few assists to his name I believe. Making more forward runs too.

In the position he plays he is always going to get booked.

Bergkamp was great, but again, Henry was just on another level.

I am aware that there are times when the holding mid is going to earn cards either from niggling build up, or by taking one for the team - the Wigan game in particular was an example of Song 'taking one for the team' when he did not have to. Plenty of cover, nothing happening, and he makes a really rash challenge for no good reason that puts him on a card for the rest of the match. That's a really poor thing for a holding mid to do, and Song still does it far too often. The best in that position rarely earn cards, when they do it's for a damn good reason, and still do their job to perfection anyway.

Song has had an inconsistent season. Some good games, some average games, some terrible games.

I personally think Bergkamp was better than Henry. Same 'level', but better.

I am aware that there are times when the holding mid is going to earn cards either from niggling build up, or by taking one for the team - the Wigan game in particular was an example of Song 'taking one for the team' when he did not have to. Plenty of cover, nothing happening, and he makes a really rash challenge for no good reason that puts him on a card for the rest of the match. That's a really poor thing for a holding mid to do, and Song still does it far too often. The best in that position rarely earn cards, when they do it's for a damn good reason, and still do their job to perfection anyway.

Song has had an inconsistent season. Some good games, some average games, some terrible games.

I personally think Bergkamp was better than Henry. Same 'level', but better.

He's young, he will grow into the role, it all comes with experience.

Bergkamp is one of my favourite players ever, as is Henry, so I'm not really favouring one over the other ftr. Bergkamp had a better first touch/technique/vision/passing. Yes, he was pivotal for the club's success during his era here, and is no doubt one of the greatest players to play for the club, but Henry's contribution is unmatched, and unlikely ever will be.

He's young, he will grow into the role, it all comes with experience.

Bergkamp is one of my favourite players ever, as is Henry, so I'm not really favouring one over the other ftr. Bergkamp had a better first touch/technique/vision/passing. Yes, he was pivotal for the club's success during his era here, and is no doubt one of the greatest players to play for the club, but Henry's contribution is unmatched, and unlikely ever will be.

I disagree. You're continuing to state this as an absolute, when it's clearly just your opinion.

Song is 24 years old with over 100 caps, he's not "young" anymore.

for what its worth, i agree that henry was the better player compared to bergkamp. and i was a massive bergkamp fan, he's the reason i started following the dutch team internationally in the mid 90s and his name is on the back on the first ever arsenal top i bought (with the JVC logo from way back when). as great as dennis was, to me henry was the better player for what he achieved at arsenal (the goals, the assists, the leadership etc)

Henry wasn't voted our all time greatest player for nothing, either.

In case you missed it, in that particular poll Bergkamp was voted in second place, I still think Bergkamp was the better player.

I also say again, it doesn't matter what kind of positive spin you want to put on it, Song is not a young player anymore. He's 24 years old, nearly 150 games in all competitions, in his 7th season at the club, and his 4th season as our full, first choice DM. Neither young in age nor experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are you playing at? Song was MOTM and he's been a beast this season - best DM in the league.

What are you playing at? Song was MOTM and he's been a beast this season - best DM in the league.

What game were you watching? I had Vermaelen, Walcott and Gervinho all with comfortably better games than Song. I hope you're not going by the Arsenal.com poll for it - RvP is currently leading on 46% despite having a shocker of a game for 89 minutes out of the 90, and what a surprise, the guy who fed him the pass is in second place. About as useful as the MOTM and MOTS 'as voted by you' that everyone choked on at Bellrieve this afternoon.

There's no way in the world Song was MOTM, he's had an average season, and I really think you ought to lay off what you're smoking if you think he's the best DM in the league.

In case you missed it, in that particular poll Bergkamp was voted in second place, I still think Bergkamp was the better player.

I also say again, it doesn't matter what kind of positive spin you want to put on it, Song is not a young player anymore. He's 24 years old, nearly 150 games in all competitions, in his 7th season at the club, and his 4th season as our full, first choice DM. Neither young in age nor experience.

Yes I know, but that's not first place is it ;)

Yeah, I don't see your beef with Song either, been one of our best players this season, along with RvP and Kos.

Yes I know, but that's not first place is it ;)

Yeah, I don't see your beef with Song either, been one of our best players this season, along with RvP and Kos.

It was an opinion poll. In my opinion, and in the opinion of everyone who voted for him, that poll result was wrong. It's absurd to state it as absolute fact when it is no such thing.

Song, best players this season? No.

RvP, Walcott, Szczesny and Koscielny. Without the hugely improved Walcott, half of what RvP has done this season simply wouldn't be.

Song has been middling and inconsistent, along with Ramsey and Arteta. That soft centre of the midfield continues to be a problem, they all work hard, but they all butcher the ball far too much, Song concedes too many totally unnecessary fouls and cards, and Ramsey has the finishing ability of a blindfolded Bendtner.

song's had an average season? wow

he's been terrific in my opinion. was very good last year and has taken his game to a new level this season. outstanding defensive midfielder who helps protect the back four and links up very well with our offensive options. especially in a year where we've had significant change in midfield (loss of cesc, nasri and absence of wilshere), song has been even more critical and has been a constant in the middle of the park.

one of our most important players (obviously RvP is our most important) but song and vermaelen aren't too far behind.

song's had an average season? wow

he's been terrific in my opinion. was very good last year and has taken his game to a new level this season. outstanding defensive midfielder who helps protect the back four and links up very well with our offensive options. especially in a year where we've had significant change in midfield (loss of cesc, nasri and absence of wilshere), song has been even more critical and has been a constant in the middle of the park.

one of our most important players (obviously RvP is our most important) but song and vermaelen aren't too far behind.

All of this.

Add Kos to that list too.

I will thank them for beating the scum, but they will never get a
hearts-icon.gif
from me!

Haha. Can't say I'm a stoke fan but they sure did us a favor this morning beating the scum

And yes, kos too has been excellent this season overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back