Random discussion thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Went for a 12 km run without paying attention to the dark clouds. Ran the last 7 km through puddles, thunder and pouring rain. If that's not bad enough my I phone was in my pocket and got absolutely soaked. It could be shot! DAMN!

If it's an iPhone. Turn it off. Take the SIM out. Use a blowdryer on low to blow warm air i through the power slot from about 30cm away. Then submerge it completely in a zip-locked bag of rice for up to a week. Take the phone out each week and repeat the gentle blowdrying thing. Then out it back in rice.

It works. I dropped an Iphone in the bath and got it working again perfectly.

If it's an iPhone. Turn it off. Take the SIM out. Use a blowdryer on low to blow warm air i through the power slot from about 30cm away. Then submerge it completely in a zip-locked bag of rice for up to a week. Take the phone out each week and repeat the gentle blowdrying thing. Then out it back in rice.

Sounds more of a medical treatment;)

I do not know why but I find myself suddenly singing 'John Lennon's "Happy Christmas (War is over)".

I mean, I know its Christmas but why not 'Rudolph the red nosed reindeer', 'Jingle Bells' or 'I saw mummy kissing Santa Claus'?

Maybe because I read somewhere that in this last year the world spent $1.4 trillion dollars on arnaments = to 2.5% of the world's total GDP.

Imagine.

[YOUTUBE]yN4Uu0OlmTg[/YOUTUBE]

You could just sit it next to a Galaxy S2 and put the furcker out of it's misery imo.:D

I do not know why but I find myself suddenly singing 'John Lennon's "Happy Christmas (War is over)".

I mean, I know its Christmas but why not 'Rudolph the red nosed reindeer', 'Jingle Bells' or 'I saw mummy kissing Santa Claus'?

Maybe because I read somewhere that in this last year the world spent $1.4 trillion dollars on arnaments = to 2.5% of the world's total GDP.

Imagine.

[YOUTUBE]yN4Uu0OlmTg[/YOUTUBE]

Merry Christmas mate.:thumbsu:

What if you drop your phone in a pint of beer?

Merry Xmas to rusty and twita too while I'm in here:thumbsu:

Apparently it's no longer politically-correct
to direct a joke at any racial or ethnic minority,
so try this one:

An Englishman, a Scotsman, an Irishman,
a Welshman, a Ghurkha, a Latvian, a Turk,
an Aussie, two Kiwis, a German, an American,
a South African, a Cypriot, an Egyptian, a Japanese,
a Mexican, a Spaniard, a Russian, a Pole,
a Lithuanian, a Swede, a Finn, an Israeli, a Dane,
a Romanian, a Bulgarian, a Serb, a Swiss, a Greek,
a Singaporean, an Italian, a Norwegian, a Libyan,
a Muslim, a Hindu, a Buddhist and an Ethiopian
went to a night club.

The bouncer said,
"Sorry, I can't let you in without a Thai. "

What if you drop your phone in a pint of beer?

Merry Xmas to rusty and twita too while I'm in here:thumbsu:

A = beer stains everytime you answer the phone

imagesCA2O0JU4.jpg

Merry Christmas to da Man and The Man!

imagesCATPXPF1.jpg

Apparently it's no longer politically-correct
to direct a joke at any racial or ethnic minority,
so try this one:

An Englishman, a Scotsman, an Irishman,
a Welshman, a Ghurkha, a Latvian, a Turk,
an Aussie, two Kiwis, a German, an American,
a South African, a Cypriot, an Egyptian, a Japanese,
a Mexican, a Spaniard, a Russian, a Pole,
a Lithuanian, a Swede, a Finn, an Israeli, a Dane,
a Romanian, a Bulgarian, a Serb, a Swiss, a Greek,
a Singaporean, an Italian, a Norwegian, a Libyan,
a Muslim, a Hindu, a Buddhist and an Ethiopian
went to a night club.

The bouncer said,
"Sorry, I can't let you in without a Thai. "

Would the Canadian feel left out of this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RIP Christopher Hitches.
I didn't agree with everything he (or his brother, for that matter) wrote but his books & articles were always very readable & his interviews, especially the ones when he was well & truely under the weather, were very entertaining.

A sad loss.

I didn't agree with everything he (or his brother, for that matter) wrote but his books & articles were always very readable & his interviews, especially the ones when he was well & truely under the weather, were very entertaining.

A sad loss.

Yeah, same. But he was a thinker and articulated himself so well.

It's a shame that our politicians don't have the depth of intellect and clarity of thought as someone like Hitch.

Vaclav Havel died yesterday. With Hitch, that's two great intellectuals, and in Havel's case, politician, who have died in the last couple of days.

Kin Jong II Sung has died.

What a legend...

The son of Kim Il Sung, North Korea's founder, Kim was a chain-smoking recluse who ruled for 17 years after coming to power in July 1994 and resisted opening up to the outside world in order to protect his regime.
Kim was born, according to his official biographers, in a mountain cabin in North Korea in February 1942, an occasion marked by a double rainbow and a bright star.
Jong-il-200x0.jpg
North Korean leader Kim Jong-il. Photo: Reuters

But other records said he was actually born in Siberia in 1941, the BBC reported. His father had been exiled to Siberia.
He is believed to be a fan of Hollywood movies and reportedly had a library of 20,000 films, the BBC said.

Other official reports about Kim included claims that he had shot 11 holes-in-one the first time he picked up a golf club, that he could alter the weather just using his mind and that he had started walking at three-weeks-old and talking at eight weeks, London's Daily Telegraph reported.

Kim Jong – yes he is dead. Would not be surprised is he was already dead a while back, not sure when his last appearance was.

For fans of ‘Team America’ you will remember the comedy of Kim Jong......hilarious.

This guy is a nutcase, from what we hear, his successor (‘his son’), is just as much of a fruitcake as his old man. Lets see if he will let a million people starve to death like his old man. Will be interesting to see Sth Korea’s response, I am sure they will be on their tippy toes looking out for a rocket coming their way, no one will know. I just hope there is light at the end of the tunnel for this place, their people have suffered long enough. Unfortunately, I don’t see the people of Nth Korea finding the courage to protest like the ‘Arab Spring’, as they will all be blown to hell in a minute.

Could we be in for a war between north and south korea? It will be deep s**t, if yes for these two countries and the US as well. Remember, nth and south korea are officially still at war.

Jokingly said to my daughter as im opening an OPTUS bill today, I said "I wonder how much you have cost me this month?" Opened the account and it said $9,358.51!

I was too shocked to have a heart attack and looked once more at the bill only to realise after the initial panic that it was for 5 iphone bought under a new account listed to my name and business name?

Spent a stressful time driving to work thinking about all the possibilities before getting hold of Optus only to be told they suspected it was fraud account and put it on hold. Said I have fill out a stat dec and said it back it the bill will be wiped.

Now i'm just going to collapse and have that heart attack....im sure ill feel better after that.

Fast becoming the obituary thread grizz, so who am I to deviate?

[YOUTUBE]nZdBtt0hlls[/YOUTUBE]

I just wanted to express my sadness at the loss of Jason Richards - extremely talented steerer, family man and honestly, all round good guy.

Though many in the football supporting world do not relate to motor racing at all - this interview epitomises the character and bravery Jason had in battling his disease.

That he took part in a golf pro-am the day before his death is a testamount to his courage and desire to make the most of every single day.

RIP Jason - taken far too young.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back