SEQAFL Division 1 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Call me a footy nut because I saw most of Surfers/Palmy and also half of Cooly/Burleigh. Clearly the first game was the higher standard. Surfers looked way off the pace in the 1st half but well done to them for lifting their workrate in the 2nd half to make it a very competitive game. Munro very good for PBC.

What I saw in the Cooly/Burleigh game as a neutral it seemed that Burleigh were getting a good run with the umps. When I left in the 3rd quarter it seemed for all money that the Bombers would win especially as Cooly were down to 1 on the bench. Got a surprise when I saw the score today! A bit of egg on my face as I suggested earlier this week that Cooly may be better off in a lower division. With a few struggling teams in the comp they may even win a few more!

Went and watched noosa vs maroochy. Noosa dominated first quarter and game was over by quarter time. Obrien kicked four in first quarter. Noosa then seemed to cruise through last 3 quarters. Maroochy had some good passages and missed some very easy goals but wouldnt have mattered. Maroochy played three on brewster all day and he still kicked 7 which was a massive effort but as maroochy played three on him the two loose noosa forwards racked up possessions at will and kicked a few themselves. Noosa simply outclassed them. SOme good games next week but agree that it seems noosa and western maggies are the top two at the moment.

Palmy were a class above in first half but took the foot right off after that! In saying that thought surfers did extremely well to fight back the way they did. Jake Ryan was superb! Jess Derek was best on for mine! But not going to lose to much sleep after round 2 thats for sure. Certainly not panic stations for Surfers, but they wouldnt want to lose another home game, means they will have to try roll Noosa, Magies or Palmy away to stay in touch! Big ask.

Went and watched noosa vs maroochy. Noosa dominated first quarter and game was over by quarter time. Obrien kicked four in first quarter. Noosa then seemed to cruise through last 3 quarters. Maroochy had some good passages and missed some very easy goals but wouldnt have mattered. Maroochy played three on brewster all day and he still kicked 7 which was a massive effort but as maroochy played three on him the two loose noosa forwards racked up possessions at will and kicked a few themselves. Noosa simply outclassed them. SOme good games next week but agree that it seems noosa and western maggies are the top two at the moment.

Agree mate - wasn't a great tactical move IMO because the bloke is miles too unselfish to command the footy if he can see others in better positions and the Noosa guys are too smart just to keep on kicking it to him. Not sure the guys playing in the hole were that used to doing it bc they often were miles too far away from the play to have any impact anyway.
Bottom line Noosa miles too good, Maroochy fumbled and Noosa dominated the 2nd half of every quarter suggesting alot fitter than the Roos. Maroochy will win their fair share this year but not top 4 material based on the weekends performance. Good guide this weekend i would suggest bc Mayne seem to have improved a lot.

Agree mate - wasn't a great tactical move IMO because the bloke is miles too unselfish to command the footy if he can see others in better positions and the Noosa guys are too smart just to keep on kicking it to him. Not sure the guys playing in the hole were that used to doing it bc they often were miles too far away from the play to have any impact anyway.
Bottom line Noosa miles too good, Maroochy fumbled and Noosa dominated the 2nd half of every quarter suggesting alot fitter than the Roos. Maroochy will win their fair share this year but not top 4 material based on the weekends performance. Good guide this weekend i would suggest bc Mayne seem to have improved a lot.

Noosa looked like a well oiled machine on the weekend, Trompf set up the 10 goal 1st qtr with his healthy aggression, i believe Todd Panoho is the most underated player in the comp. Big strong winger, tough player.

Reckon Tromphy actually is - his presence and his old fashioned ruck play is fantastic. He isn't huff and bluster because what you see is what you get. He was the single reason for the biggest suck in I have ever seen in a footballmatch in last years GF - Noosa would have won anyway but Tromphy made sure it was an easy day at the office.

Sadly smy you are spot on! Been around footy for a long time and he does it better than anyone I have ever seen. And will admit to it, love watching him play against us for this very reason, maybe one day our boys will click on, but untill that day Noosa will always be a much better side with him in. Hope he is around for a lot longer!

Round 2 results

2010Premier 8
bornwinner 8
Tiger G 8
Speedyunit 8
Switchnplay 8
study1 8
heres to you 8
Deelightful 7
magpieboy 7
dezario 7

Round 3 tips
Noosa v Cooly
W/Magpies v W/Grange
Maroochydore v Mayne
Sandgate v Burliegh
Surfers v Springwood

Round 3 tips
Noosa v Cooly
W/Magpies v W/Grange
Maroochydore v Mayne
Sandgate v Burliegh
Surfers v Springwood

Yes tiger g these tips are mine also. Mayne would go into this weeks game as favorites, despite it being an away game! Really pleased to see their improvement, their long suffering supporters deserve a good season.

Yes tiger g these tips are mine also. Mayne would go into this weeks game as favorites, despite it being an away game! Really pleased to see their improvement, their long suffering supporters deserve a good season.
Thanks mate, hope we win. A few tough games top tip this week, Mayne's match would be a tough one will never underestimate Maroochy, Sandgate/burleigh will be tough, could go either way.

Will be interesting how Grange go against the Magpies and will Springwood take it up to Surfers?

Tips are
Noosa
Mayne
Magpies
Burleigh
Surfers

So i will raise the question again. Who from first 2 rounds will play in country champs or stockmen game. Can someone explain the stockmen game concept to me as I am not aware of it??

Tips are
Noosa
Mayne
Magpies
Burleigh
Surfers

So i will raise the question again. Who from first 2 rounds will play in country champs or stockmen game. Can someone explain the stockmen game concept to me as I am not aware of it??

the stockman game woll be between a combined town and country team against cairns. they will pick players from both the neafl and this division i do believe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sadly smy you are spot on! Been around footy for a long time and he does it better than anyone I have ever seen. And will admit to it, love watching him play against us for this very reason, maybe one day our boys will click on, but untill that day Noosa will always be a much better side with him in. Hope he is around for a lot longer!

Still remember his first senior football match Kwhit as a 17/18yr old - sitting in the coaches box thinking "WTF is he doing"! taking on blokes who had been around footy for 10+yrs, knarly old bastards and not a backwards step at this ripe age. Is the sort of bloke Noosa boys would love playing with I reckon. Crosses the line occasionally but so be it.

Tips are
Noosa
Mayne
Magpies
Burleigh
Surfers

The stockman squad will be made up of players from all the leagues from phc to mackay league. But as you could well imagine bulk of players will come from phc. They can also pick neafl players who played their junior footy in qld, but are limited to 6 or 7 I think? They will play off against the cairns rep squad and from there a qld side is picked. Typically made up of predominately the team that won! As are most rep squads I have seen it will be picked on reputation ahead of form and not least of all availability. In argument to this noosa went from having one player in 2010 Mathews to 4 or 5 based on form! Picking a team after 2 rounds would nt be to tough given they will be made up of 4 to 5 from noosa, palmy, Maggie's then 2 to 3 from grange, surfers and mayne. Forbes, Powell and maybe 1 or 2 others from remaining sides! Not sure what talent is up north but have heard Hawkins in Gladstone and Austin Lucy is in mackay. Other than that I couldn't tell you. Hope this has helped!

So who is in the running after 2 rounds[/quo

I believe they will go with a Tall mobile Full Forward, maybe Taz Clarke M'Dore, Panoho noosa on the wing easy. Thats all i got so far

So u believe they will go with someone who has only kicked a handfull of goals rather than Fulton on reputation or a corrie or Brewster who are capable of kicking a bag

Fwd mills, Brewster, corrie
Forbes, drake, Faulkner

Mids panoho, B hards, shir
I'Anson , Ryan, isles

Backs rozinski , Mcconnel Derrick
Munro brown Trompf

Inter Hawkins Lucy denjies Powell brittian dyson

Clearly bias oppinion and not typically in those positions! And still have what ever neafl players to fit in! Good luck

Should be hot and good surface so this may be taken into account with selections. I'm sure Brett will choose a very good side...:D Would be good to see opportunities given to younger blokes or those who would really value the position. Not sure but why would an ex-AFL bloke be overly concerned if he made this side or not? Even Fulton? Great players but at this level reckon it is fantastic for players who have been long term servants of Qld footy and/or local footy and/or bn 18-26yrs of age! :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back