SEQAFL Division 1 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is the facts of the 2 maroochydore players that played for caloundra last year one got 100 paid by a club supporter and the other got 200, 100 paid by the club and 100 covered by a club supporter. So your stories and facts are wrong, tell me the numbers you reckon they got.

come on big Baz, if Caloundra had a sustainable structure then they would still be around. shouldn't you be discussing this on a div 4 forum anyway? :thumbsdown:

Here is the facts of the 2 maroochydore players that played for caloundra last year one got 100 paid by a club supporter and the other got 200, 100 paid by the club and 100 covered by a club supporter. So your stories and facts are wrong, tell me the numbers you reckon they got.

out of the 3 maroochydore players that went to caloundra, none were paid at maroochydore.

anyway, someone was shooting there mouth off they were on $200, one said he didn't go for the money but more followed his mates and the other who cares, you can have him.

come on big Baz, if Caloundra had a sustainable structure then they would still be around. shouldn't you be discussing this on a div 4 forum anyway? :thumbsdown:[/

Just don't like people saying the club went bad because we paid a few players.

what else was it?

if the club had been struggling for years i can understand, but you don't go from winning a flag, and playing in a prelim, to down 2 divisions without some form of major financial issues.

what else was it?

if the club had been struggling for years i can understand, but you don't go from winning a flag, and playing in a prelim, to down 2 divisions without some form of major financial issues.

Mate out of the 44 players that played the finals last year we have 13 players returning this year, the rest have moved away or dropped down to play at other div 4 clubs and few have headed to the Roos, the club is very financial at the moment and of the 3 players that came last year only 1 played out the year, and he was top player for us so we are happy with paying him to play for us. The other player was paid by a supporter and that was there choice of the supporter not the club. So Brodie was never paid to play for maroochy, and Ty was offered the world to stay but came with his friends. We where happy to have both play for us.

what else was it?

My understanding of clubs struggling is too many clubs have started up senior football on the sunshine coast... Caloundra has been hurt by Glasshouse starting up. Ex Caloundra players out there are players that dont have a true football culture , so had to make there own. Honestly they dont really fit into football society. Northshore no also.. Four sides that have history on coast is all there should be..Noosa Caloundra Nambour and Maroochy. Bad by AFLQ all would be healthy if this stayed this way...........

I think you should pop your head in at Maroochydore now and see how strong the Juniors are and see what their club culture is all about!! It will be a succesful club in a couple of year,s and is already very strong off the field!

ok lets be honest about the free kick Maroochy were unfairly given by AFLQ last year:

At a meeting of clubs it was confirmed by the league that no club that was unfinancial (had not paid league fees) would participate or HOST finals.

Maroochy (after racking up big debt trying to buy a flag in previous years) WAS unfinancial and was using the league as an overdraft account. The league decided to ignore the ruling and gave Maroochy the Grand Final and then to make matters worse they got the AFL pre-season game and the National Masters carnival!!.

Great negotiating by Maroochy so all credit to them...but lets be realistic - the AFL is certainly looking for a NEAFL team on the Suncoast and I would be tipping that the free kicks for Maroochy will continue until the Maroochy Roos are a NEAFL side.

Mate out of the 44 players that played the finals last year we have 13 players returning this year, the rest have moved away or dropped down to play at other div 4 clubs and few have headed to the Roos, the club is very financial at the moment and of the 3 players that came last year only 1 played out the year, and he was top player for us so we are happy with paying him to play for us. The other player was paid by a supporter and that was there choice of the supporter not the club. So Brodie was never paid to play for maroochy, and Ty was offered the world to stay but came with his friends. We where happy to have both play for us.

try losing 18 of your best 22 from the 1s, then the next 15 or so from the 2s and see how you go fielding 2 teams. We managed to get through it.

brodie white hasn't been paid by at Maroochydore for about 4 years mate. and the other bloke, accepted the captaincy, then left the club saying he was moving to Victoria and wasn't playing becuase of his child. First we knew was when a clearance request came through.

ok lets be honest about the free kick Maroochy were unfairly given by AFLQ last year:

At a meeting of clubs it was confirmed by the league that no club that was unfinancial (had not paid league fees) would participate or HOST finals.

Maroochy (after racking up big debt trying to buy a flag in previous years) WAS unfinancial and was using the league as an overdraft account. The league decided to ignore the ruling and gave Maroochy the Grand Final and then to make matters worse they got the AFL pre-season game and the National Masters carnival!!.

Great negotiating by Maroochy so all credit to them...but lets be realistic - the AFL is certainly looking for a NEAFL team on the Suncoast and I would be tipping that the free kicks for Maroochy will continue until the Maroochy Roos are a NEAFL side.

alot of very untruths in those statements mate.

Firstly, Maroochydore was financial at the time of hosting the final, not sure where you got your figures from but I have it from a very good source that Maroochydore had to raise a special amount of money so as to get the final.

secondly, maroochydore got a percentage of the bar from the masters carnival after carrying the costs and doing all the work, as maroochydore hold the liquor license for the facility. We also pay a substantial amount of rent to be at the facility, so not sure how AFLQ gave us a free kick there as the Sunshine Coast council actually got the carnival at fishermans road, and AFLQ needed our license to sell alcohol.

In terms of the NAB cup game, once again you are wrong there. All of the Sunshine Coast clubs were given the opportunity to make money on the day, and infact the Maroochydore Juniors that ran the canteen made more money then we did as once again we only got a percentage of the profit from the bar.

I agree that AFLQ has worked closely with the club to ensure our survival, however I am sure if any other club was in a similar situation they would do the same. Atleast we were honest enough to share all financial records with AFLQ in an effort to work towards getting back in the black, which we has been achieved now.

And lastly, AFLQ employed someone to conduct research into whether the Sunshine Coast should have an NEAFL team, and it was concluded that there wasn't going to be one. It was also decided that the best strategy was to have a stand alone Sunshine Coast team, not promote an existing team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might change the subject here if possible. Does anyone know how many wins were needed to make the finals last year?

Just having a look, if Mayne beats all the teams that lost on the weekend they could have a 9-5 record. Unbelievable.

Might change the subject here if possible. Does anyone know how many wins were needed to make the finals last year?

Just having a look, if Mayne beats all the teams that lost on the weekend they could have a 9-5 record. Unbelievable.

out of the top 5, 4 only lost 3 games and finished all equal on points. 5th was a further 4 points back from memory.

Mayne goes down in a close one, W/Grange 11-11-77 d Mayne 9-14-68

Mayne goes down in a close one, W/Grange 11-11-77 d Mayne 9-14-68

I went and had a look at grange vs mayne... not a bad game either. Although it was slippery from the dew at night there was some pretty hard and fast footy played.

Mayne were harder at it and first to the footy for the first half of the game and Grange looked a bit soft in the midfield especially and like they were unsure what to do alot of the time. Talking to a Grange supporter who said they had over a dozen new faces so will take a bit of gelling youd reckon.

Credit to Mayne as they will upset sides (as per Surfers) and will be knocking on door for finals for sure, but also credit to Grange to come back from 4 goals down to win even when playing well below what they are probably capable of, they have the makings of a pretty good side and will go well if they get rolling...

Off to Lemke Rd. to watch the Hawkas beat the Maggies....well you never know! ;)

I went and had a look at grange vs mayne... not a bad game either. Although it was slippery from the dew at night there was some pretty hard and fast footy played.

Mayne were harder at it and first to the footy for the first half of the game and Grange looked a bit soft in the midfield especially and like they were unsure what to do alot of the time. Talking to a Grange supporter who said they had over a dozen new faces so will take a bit of gelling youd reckon.

Credit to Mayne as they will upset sides (as per Surfers) and will be knocking on door for finals for sure, but also credit to Grange to come back from 4 goals down to win even when playing well below what they are probably capable of, they have the makings of a pretty good side and will go well if they get rolling...

Off to Lemke Rd. to watch the Hawkas beat the Maggies....well you never know! ;)

Guessing you didn't enjoy your afternoon from a Hawks perspective :D Impressive all round performance by the Magpies, no real standouts and no reliance on a few players! Was told that they are still missing 3-4 senior players and there reserves have at least 4-5 regular senior players from last year in that team... Early days but things are looking good at Sherwood!

It does seem a great effort by Mayne considering that they played heavy conditions on Sunday in Round 1, then back up Friday night. Good work Tigers l believe...:D

So Mayne travels up to the sunshine coast next week, gee it will be nice when we finally get a match on our home turf! Should be another tight contest for Mayne against Maroochydore.

It seems like Magpies and Noosa will be the 2 teams that would be very hard to beat this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back