Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

How are Rovers all of a sudden flush with cash ? Do they have a big sponsor of the Joss, Tripp or Lewis variety that no one is aware of ?
Were within an hour of signing Fev for his enormous appearance fee and now have picked up someone of immense quality judging by reports.
They havent had a lot of exposure over the last fews years with 4 or 5 other clubs landing some big fish. Were never celler dwellers in that time though by any stretch. Interesting timing of spashing some cash, dont think anyone considers them a serious flag contender this year do they ? Or is this a new era in country footy where clubs are recruiting "commercial" recruits in an attempt to improve the bottom line ?

And for what its worth I will have a stab at saying its Cam Mooney rather than Barry Hall :thumbsu:

It's good business. If the going rate for a marquee player is $5000 a game, at $10 entry fee he only needs to draw an extra 500 people to the game (double an O&M crowd) just to pay for himself. Then there is the added spinoff of profit through the bar/canteen/raffle. Say a person spends another $15 at the game average (some will spend $50 if they're on the frothies, some will spend none) at $7.50 profit extra then the figure he needs to get through the gate is more like 300. Simple economics. You must have the right marquee player though, capable of getting bums on seats & Rovers & Yarra have certainly got the right guys. I'm definitely going to see big Bazza. (Wouldn't even venture outside though if Akermanis was playing a game at the bottom of my street.)

Bourkey would it be possible to get a comparison of estimated crowd numbers after 4 rounds for this year to last year. Does the Border still print estimated crowd numbers? They would have to have been a large increase, with the gap getting greater with big bad bazza on board with the Hawks.

Is it true the league get half of all gate takings? If so it would be a MASSIVE increase in revenue. Will be interesting to see how all that gets spent.

Maybe they could charter a plane to the interleague game in a couple of weeks for players and officials :D:D

Just an idea

What if the Ovens & Murray put 10K up each for Fev & Hall to play in the representative team. (Fill in the gaps)

B.

HB.

C.

HF. Barlow, Hall

F. Rose, Fevola

R.

Is he playing the remainder of the year or only selected games??
On AFL 360 last night Bazza said he will be playing at least 4 games and finals if the Rovers make it. He said he can't play every week due to his fox footy commitments.

Is it true the league get half of all gate takings? If so it would be a MASSIVE increase in revenue. Will be interesting to see how all that gets spent.

No. Gate takings all to clubs. Hosting fee & % of catering paid to O&M for finals. Revenue made by League goes back to clubs by way of an end of year dividend, on a sliding scale.

More money League makes in final series, sponsorship etc = more money to clubs.

Just an idea

What if the Ovens & Murray put 10K up each for Fev & Hall to play in the representative team. (Fill in the gaps)

B. Barnes hartwig Norman

HB. Porter Dickson Grossman

C. Hyde Pendergast Mackie

HF. Ednie, Leslie Garland

F. Rose, Fevola Hall

R.
Meyer Daly Allan

Inter Davies Barlow O'Connor Symes Tiller Saker

What are the chances of Joel mackie being reported today after a scuffle and yellow card against the pigeons? With the rep game coming up, I'd suggest one of the following scenarios is not without a chance.
A. Takes a week set penalty and misses no home & away games - Albury would be happy with that.
B. The umpires manage to stuff up the report somehow and he gets off so he can play this weekend - O&M and Tom o'c happy with that!
C. He's reported and the vision on the incident can't be found. Found not guilty.
D. He's reported and the hearing is put back until next week!

What are the chances of Joel mackie being reported today after a scuffle and yellow card against the pigeons? With the rep game coming up, I'd suggest one of the following scenarios is not without a chance.
A. Takes a week set penalty and misses no home & away games - Albury would be happy with that.
B. The umpires manage to stuff up the report somehow and he gets off so he can play this weekend - O&M and Tom o'c happy with that!
C. He's reported and the vision on the incident can't be found. Found not guilty.

If he was to get a week that means missing one home and away game doesn't it? That would also mean that he couldn't play the rep game because the suspension won't been completed. I could also be wrong though.

The charge was 'inciting a melee'. What an absolute joke, how can they even be sent off for this let alone reported. If they send off and report everytime there was a wrestle there would be reports laid in every game, every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of a side topic here. Was watching the first qrt of the yarra/alb game on the Internet before.

It might be just me or the angle the camera is on. First two goals of Andy Carey????? He cribbed about 5mtrs to make the angle better on a set shot and the umpire let him!!!

Just a bit of interest! I may have too much time on my hands

Smart footy by big undies! Any half smart backmen should be trying to 'set the mark' as close to the boundary as he can by creeping that way before the umpire gets involved. So I guess the forward should be doing his best to open the goals back up!

Smart footy by big undies! Any half smart backmen should be trying to 'set the mark' as close to the boundary as he can by creeping that way before the umpire gets involved. So I guess the forward should be doing his best to open the goals back up!

Backmen between the proverbial rock/hard place etc. If they don't move towards the center from the original mark the parasite forward will run around or crib inboard anyway without intervention.

Always amuses me how most umps will pedantically put the player over the mark in the middle of the ground (even to the extent of stopping play and bringing the ball back to be restarted) but allow carte blanche on the boundary - like when blokes get monstered without penalty just because the ball is over the boundary line.
/end rant

Deffenetly will be, only thing is, it's for a sportsmans night you dill

Whats the go with the Raiders i am a keen supporter but my interests are at another league at the moment,it seems there top 4 or 5 are as good as anyone else in the league but they drop off quickly after that it looks from afar that Coery hasnt developed the bottom half of his side prefering to bring in the talent to win him the flag he so often talks about.
Jack Price, Hibberson, Melrose,Bryant, all had a season of senior footy before he arrived and are all regulars but cant think of to many younger guys playing consistentlyin the seniors.Take out the travellers and they will be back to where they were before he took over.My thoughts on coaches are leave the club in a better position then when you came.
Might be a good time for him to head back to North Albury and help them out

Whats the go with the Raiders i am a keen supporter but my interests are at another league at the moment,it seems there top 4 or 5 are as good as anyone else in the league but they drop off quickly after that it looks from afar that Coery hasnt developed the bottom half of his side prefering to bring in the talent to win him the flag he so often talks about.
Jack Price, Hibberson, Melrose,Bryant, all had a season of senior footy before he arrived and are all regulars but cant think of to many younger guys playing consistentlyin the seniors.Take out the travellers and they will be back to where they were before he took over.My thoughts on coaches are leave the club in a better position then when you came.

Speaking of which, anyone heard Bob Craig at North is right under the pump? Not far from getting the flick is the word. Bob's results have to be considered very poor so wouldn't surprise at all.

Speaking of which, anyone heard Bob Craig at North is right under the pump? Not far from getting the flick is the word. Bob's results have to be considered very poor so wouldn't surprise at all.
If Bob Craig was coaching the raiders they would be definite contenders. Simply does not have the cattle at North, funds are tight. Has great passion for the game and all his strategies are "team based".

whats the go with the raiders i am a keen supporter but my interests are at another league at the moment,it seems there top 4 or 5 are as good as anyone else in the league but they drop off quickly after that it looks from afar that coery hasnt developed the bottom half of his side prefering to bring in the talent to win him the flag he so often talks about.
Jack price, hibberson, melrose,bryant, all had a season of senior footy before he arrived and are all regulars but cant think of to many younger guys playing consistentlyin the seniors.take out the travellers and they will be back to where they were before he took over.my thoughts on coaches are leave the club in a better position then when you came.
Might be a good time for him to head back to north albury and help them out

boom !

Let's hope your interests were nowhere else but at Albury yesterday with the Raiders stirring come from behind win.
Patty Rose was a match winner off his own boot with 8 and Todd Bryant's job on Joel Mackie was clinical.
The back line stood tall with Dean Heta and father time himself Aiden Brown.
New tall Eddie Prato showed that he will be dangerous all around the ground with a awesome second half and the contributors didn't stop there with most of the side coming over the top of what seamed a tired Albury.
The O & M season is WIDE open and up for grabs whoever wants it on the day !

Let's hope your interests were nowhere else but at Albury yesterday with the Raiders stirring come from behind win.
Patty Rose was a match winner off his own boot with 8 and Todd Bryant's job on Joel Mackie was clinical.
The back line stood tall with Dean Heta and father time himself Aiden Brown.
New tall Eddie Prato showed that he will be dangerous all around the ground with a awesome second half and the contributors didn't stop there with most of the side coming over the top of what seamed a tired Albury.
The O & M season is WIDE open and up for grabs whoever wants it on the day !

Managed to get there on Saturday have to agree with you the boys showed a lot of spirit, lets hope they keep it up against the Rovers this week Go Raider Boys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back