Competition FFL trial season

Remove this Banner Ad

Small_FFL_Logo.png
Representatives of all fictional realms are currently involved in a series of meetings to try and patch up differences and come up with new ways of promoting themselves.​
One of their initiatives was the formation of a new football league - the Fictional Football League (FFL) - to let sport help address some of their issues.​
Unfortunately the man assigned creative duties, Edward Scissorhands, failed spectacularly in creating uniforms and the designs will now be outsourced to those in the 'human world'.​
Each team in the FFL will be designed by an individual and must adhere to the following criteria:​
  • A team name must represent a fictional place (i.e. Sesame Street, Metropolis, Tattooine), however an actual location can be selected , but it must be in a fictional context (i.e. New York - Escape from New York)​
  • Two jumpers need to be submitted, one home and one away. Logos, mascots, etc are not required.​
  • Each jumper must contain the FFL logo (Full size logo here, however the colours can be modified to suit the jumper.)​
  • Jumper sponsors must be associated with the fictional place.​
The FFL is now awaiting interest from designers. Each designer must submit​
TEAM NAME
TEAM NAME ORIGIN
The FFL will only commence when 4 designers come forth and no more than 12. (4,6,8,10 or 12 teams are ideal)​

The FFL will be a 12 team league, with the 12 teams being split in to two divisions.

Teams will only play other teams in its' division, with one home fixture and one away fixture. Making a total of 10 games.
At the end of the 10 rounds, the division winner will host the runner up in the other division with the winners of that match progressing to the grand final. The host of the Grand Final will be the team with the best record, otherwise best %, otherwise total votes, otherwise a coin flip.

The winner of each game will be decided by public poll with the team scoring the most votes being determined the winner. For and Against will be taken from the % of votes for/against and total votes will also be recorded for tie breaking purposes and to determine playoff home field if needed.

...I don't get the origin.
But I'll still enter:
Atlantis Mariners
The origin means where it the team name comes from... For example
TEAM NAME - Paradise City​
TEAM NAME ORIGIN - Guns and Roses Song.​

TEAM NAME: Markarth Rams
TEAM NAME ORIGIN: Markarth is the capital of The Reach, one of the nine holds in Skyrim, which is a fictional region in the fictonal land of Tamriel which is apart of the vast fictional universe in the video game series The Elder Scolls.
A Ram's head is the symbol that appears on the shields of the Reach's local guards.

TEAM NAME: Hyrule Dodongos
TEAM ORIGINS: The Legend Of Zelda series - Hyrule is the main world of the Zelda Universe, and Dodongos are a dinosaur based enemy.

FANTASTIC idea. What'd be awesome is having games run in Qooty to simulate results etc.

TEAM NAME: Hawaii Five-O
ORIGIN: TV Show of the same name. The Five-O squad (or "50" if you prefer) is made up of TV cops and detectives from a variety of shows and eras.

Team name: Mordor Orcs
Team origin: Lord of the Rings, pretty simple.

Thanks for the interest. This will go ahead.

I've added the following condition to the OP (I forgot to add it when I set it up)
Jumper sponsors must be associated with the fictional place.
However if you have already started a design and this causes an issue, don't change your design.

FANTASTIC idea. What'd be awesome is having games run in Qooty to simulate results etc.
Thanks Omegaville, the QOOTY idea would be fun, but I doubt I'd be able to manage it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes - but only as a list of names really. No skills involved... that would be moving into the realms of PBeM (play-by-e-mail).
Probably what might be easier is to just run it as guernseys... and for those of us who want to do things like player lists, pictures of stadiums etc., we can do that for fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back