Toast Kade Simpson you are the heart and soul of this footy club!

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a little champion Simmo, for someone so slight he attacks the ball hard and with plenty of courage. Unfortunately he paid for that courage tonight.
Wellingham, jeez for a bloke terrified of his own shadow, you'd think he'd learn to put his own head over the ball rather than trying to knock a blokes block off. The kind of player he is are usually the easier targets, so hopefully someone will fix him up in time.. after his nice little break of course. I'm sorry for the impassioned post, it's just nothing pisses me off than a coward going the man..:thumbsdown:

Week in week out he's the same giving. It all and last night was typical of simmo's committment...he is a real beauty,

Great thread

As for wellingham .. Not unlike stan magro's hit on Jezza many years ago...cultural thing at that club, hope he is hung out to dry because seeing simmo lying there like that was shocking...

Was having a swig of beer at the time of the hit and spat it out all over the carpet, wanted to throw my stubbie through the tele, disgraceful low act, I hope he gets the appropriate punishment by the tribunal, but I'm not holding my breath, just another courageous act from simmo, bleeds navy blue that kid I'm sure of it.

Week in week out he's the same giving. It all and last night was typical of simmo's committment...he is a real beauty,

Great thread

As for wellingham .. Not unlike stan magro's hit on Jezza many years ago...cultural thing at that club, hope he is hung out to dry because seeing simmo lying there like that was shocking...

Same. That weak act reminded myself very much of the Magro hit on Jezza.

It must be culture... Carlton players keeping their eyes on the ball, Magpie players taking the weak option to king hit.

Great thread

I felt sick when it happened Bluesque.

There are reports now on twitter that Simmo has a broken jaw. :mad:

Enjoy you holiday Wellinghman !!!!!

svRF_KADE-300x0.jpg

It must be culture... Carlton players keeping their eyes on the ball, Magpie players taking the weak option to king hit.
I actually thought the same thing, still remember that how that hit affected me as a young kid growing up idolizing Jezza, balled my eyes out as I thought he wouldn't play again:oops:

Difference being these two were running at each other. Similarity being the Carlton player had eyes on the ball, Collingwood player eyes on the player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Difference being these two were running at each other. Similarity being the Carlton player had eyes on the ball, Collingwood player eyes on the player.
If you watch Wellingham's approach to the contest you can clearly see the intent to do some damage and never intended on going for the ball, he really accelerates into the collision which has caused severe injury.

I actually thought the same thing, still remember that how that hit affected me as a young kid growing up idolizing Jezza, balled my eyes out as I thought he wouldn't play again:oops:
The one that affected me most was that thug Balme's kinghit on Southby in the 73 GF.

The one that affected me most was that thug Balme's kinghit on Southby in the 73 GF.
That one didn't impact on me as much Sherb TBH, maybe because I was probably asleep during the game being a 5 month old and having Blue's parents...

Certainly didn't like what I seen years after watching that Balme hit on world of sport though!

Omg yes..that was a shocker as well, Balmes squirms when asked about it now, a real thug

As for the jezza one i was at that game on the wing, we all nearly jumped the fence in outrage, not unlike my lounge room last night,
Seriously that hit on simmo was incredibly dangerous, broken jaw, and god knows what else, could have caused a permanent, devastating injury...look at that young guy Beau Vernon at the moment....

Shameful act by that gutless pr!ck

That one didn't impact on me as much Sherb TBH, maybe because I was probably asleep during the game being a 5 month old and having Blue's parents...

Certainly didn't like what I seen years after watching that Balme hit on world of sport though!
I was 13 at the time and it came off the back of Cowboy Neale king hitting Hudson in the 71 GF and then the infamous incident with Greening in 72 (me being a Tassie boy and both Huddo and Greening also being Taswegians).

Neale, O'Dea and Balme. Woudn't piss on any of them even if they were on fire.

Agree with this.

All the other incidents, Wellingham's, Magro's and even Milburn's were in the "play" so to speak. Sure they lined up Kade, Jezza and SOS, but they were all body on body/head. Balme's was just a low-down sniper act. A round-house king hit from behind, on one of the fairest ball players ever to play the game, who was never the same again.

The hit reminded me of Milburn on SOS.

Felt that same sick feeling in my gut when it happend.

That was a very embarrassing incident last night. I has watching the game at a Collingwood supporter's pub and the mood lowered somewhat after that hit.

Hope that Simpson makes a speedy recovery and is back and playing for you again very soon.

That was a very embarrassing incident last night. I has watching the game at a Collingwood supporter's pub and the mood lowered somewhat after that hit.

Hope that Simpson makes a speedy recovery and is back and playing for you again very soon.

Yeh thanks,

He is as tough as nails, plays fair.

Would expect he misses one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back