The Mighty Claremont Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a quick update on the past couple of games that have seen the mighty Tigers return to some schinthilating form!

Claremont vs West Perth
I was one of a growing clan of Tigers fans who endured the long journey up the highway to what I genuinely thought would be a tight, hard fought contest. How wrong I was...
It was a Sensational performance from the boys in Ian Richardson's 100th game, our superior pace and fitness allowed us to out run the West Perth lads into the ground and in the end they rolled over. We really did dominate every position, and apart from an early burst on enthusiasm from the cardies, we were never threatened, although West Perth supporters would have you know that the umpires were the reason for the 119 point defecit.

Luke Blackwell ran all day once again and was all over the ground whilst Byron Schammer did a sensational job on West Perth star Mark Hutchings.
Jake Murphy played arguably his best game for the year and combined well through the middle with Kane Mitchell.
Our significant forward line firepower overwhelmed an undermanned West Perth defence, with Chad Jones (5 goals), Jack Bradshaw (5), Tom Lee (4) and Jeremy McGovern all running riot up front.

Claremont vs East Fremantle
Yet another 1st vs 2nd 'blockbuster' that failed to live up to its billing, with the Tigers flexing their muscles and asserting their dominance over the competition. Claremont continued on their merry way, dispatching a lacklustre East Fremantle line up by a demoralising 92 points. Claremont had far too many forward line options for the Sharks, whilst the gulf in class between the two midfields was glaringly evident.

Jake Murphy played another blinder in the middle and he and Kane Mitchell are starting to form a formidable combination.
Tom Lee is fast becoming a crowd favourite favourite, bagging another 5 goals in front of an adoring home crowd.
Swift and Ruck were influential around the stoppages, whilst the previously mentioned Mitchell and Murphy provided excellent outside run.

Foxtel Cup
Last but certainly not least, I URGE all WAFL fans to head down to Subiaco Oval tommorow night for what promises to be a cracking contest. Bounce down at 7:45pm, FREE entry!

Let's hope we can make up for the disappointment of losing last years decider!

GO TIGERS!!

Aren't these the final teams though? Can you make alterations? Surely you'd play Blacky, he's got a 3 week rest coming up.

Bad news, just read that it carries into the Foxtel Cup (courtesy of Claremont FC Official Facebook page)
Ah cheers mate thats bad news should still get over the line though what do you think the crowd will be like?

800-1500, I'm not good with crowd numbers. Will try and make it, haven't really been to as many Claremont games as I should and would like to be going to. I got Foxtel so I will be watching regardless.
My tip anyway is Tigers by 32pts.

Oh I'll mention, I mean Werribee, probably should add that. :p

Read an article as well - missing quite a bit of quality.

Sandover medallist Luke Blackwell is suspended and the Tigers were also unable to consider gun goal kicker Chad Jones, 150-game utility player Trinity Handley and former Fremantle midfielder Byron Schammer who have been unable to overcome knocks.
West Coast's Tom Swift is in line to play on Saturday, while former Port Adelaide rookie Jesse Laurie has been rested after playing every game since round four.
Quite surprised we have that many "knocks". Understand the reasons for Swift and Blackwell though.

800-1500, I'm not good with crowd numbers. Will try and make it, haven't really been to as many Claremont games as I should and would like to be going to. I got Foxtel so I will be watching regardless.
My tip anyway is Tigers by 32pts.

Oh I'll mention, I mean Werribee, probably should add that. :p

Read an article as well - missing quite a bit of quality.

Sandover medallist Luke Blackwell is suspended and the Tigers were also unable to consider gun goal kicker Chad Jones, 150-game utility player Trinity Handley and former Fremantle midfielder Byron Schammer who have been unable to overcome knocks.
West Coast's Tom Swift is in line to play on Saturday, while former Port Adelaide rookie Jesse Laurie has been rested after playing every game since round four.
Quite surprised we have that many "knocks". Understand the reasons for Swift and Blackwell though.
Ah the good excuse for a rest Im pretty sure Werribee will go a bit undermanned aswell

Unfortuntely cant make it down there tonight.. shattered! Ill have to tape it on foxtel and do the old midnight viewing.

Lets go tiges.. probably more confident this year than last tbh.. although the rain might limit the advantage of our run on subi

It's that time of year, finals footy!!
Having secured the minor premiership for the third year running with an impressive 101 point demolition of Subiaco, we're looking back in form despite a blip on the radar two weeks ago out at Bassendean.

This Saturday promises to be a huge day for the club, with all three grades playing at Claremont Oval!
I would urge all Claremont fans to head down for what promises to be a fantastic afternoon of footy!!

Colts:
Claremont vs Perth, 9:00am

Reserves:
Claremont vs East Fremantle, 11:30am

League:
Claremont vs Swan Districts, 2:15pm

It really has been a dominant season from the Tigers, demonstrated by our monstrous percentage (171.05%). The loss to the Swans two weeks ago served as a timely wake up call, and hopefully the boys will be on the ball from the first bounce as we attempt to secure a spot in the Grand Final.

Special mention to Kane Mitchell, who has been absolutely outstanding all year long and has already collected a string of accolades including the West Australian WAFL player of the year, AAMI WAFL player of the year and the WAFL Budget player of the year. Hopefully he can add a Sandover medal to that list next week to cap off a sensational year.

GO TIGERS!

Well I went to the game today.
In the end a good win by the Tigers. I guess.
There were a lot of mystifying and soft frees given to both teams and I don't think it had a huge bearing on the game,
Claremont came out of the blocks firing and had a great 1st quarter. This continued on into the second qtr.....about half way in to that quarter two things happened.
Claremont sort of stopped.....and also lost the pot a bit under pressure, and the Swans woke up.

I cannot see Claremont getting away with that again if they face Swans in the Grand Final.
The Swans play a very fast and direct style of footy which is very impressive to watch and they seem to have their cattle sorted as well. They also know how to apply pressure.
Were it not for Claremonts great start, and efforts to kick themselves out of it, the game could have easily turned out differently. As things went it almost did. Swans got themselves to within 4 and 6 points a couple times during the day and Claremont got out of trouble with a couple quick flurries.

Claremont have everything they need to grab another flag, I'm just not sure if they are quite there mentally though. They played some awesome footy today, it's just a shame they let the Swans back in and were so inaccurate in front of goal.
Also.....we all know how Grand Finals with Claremont and Swan Districts turn out.......not good for Tigers fans.

Why football gods why!?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Colts went down by 2 points after leading for most of the game :( Tom Lee will defiantly get drafted don't think kane will, his kicking is not his strong point

Ill be at the GF again this year.. was going to get tickets via ticketmaster, but all they seem to want to give me as "best available" is up in the 2nd and 3rd tiers.. last year i got them at the gate and got some right on the members wing. Probably my best bet again?

Well here we go again, this Sunday the Reserves and League boys will attempt to go back to back, this time up against East Fremantle.

The Sharks were very good last week and this weekends Grand Finals will by no means be a comfortable win, so make sure all you WAFL fans, and particularly Claremont supporters get down to Patersons Stadium for what promises to be a fantastic spectacle.

Grab your tickets from the club by ringing 9384 9200 or alternatively through ticketmaster.com.au.

The reserves kick off at 11:15, with bouncedown for the league scheduled for 2:15.

There are still a few places available for the Grand Final Breakfast on Thursday morning,

Grand Final Breakfast - Come on Tiger fans soak in all the atmosphere of Grand Final Week and come to the Grand Final Breakfast 7am Thursday September 20th in the Members Lounge.

Host Ken Casellas will disect the game with the help of past Tiger legends Tony Evans, Ben Allan and Mark Hann. Coach Marc Webb will also be attending and your entry is just $50 for members or $65 for non members including breakfast.

Ian Oldfield the CFC Architect for the new facility will be releasing the designs for the new building as well so you will be amongst the first to see this exciting new development.

Call the club on 9384 9200 or go to www.trybooking.com/31241

I would also encourage all Tiger fans to get to Claremont Oval at 5pm on Friday night for the boys last training run of the year. A free sausage sizzle will be provided and both the Captain and coach will address the fans at the completion of the session.

Finally, congratulations to Kane Mitchell who capped off a stellar 2012 season by being awarded the Sandover Medal!!

Hope to see a big crowd at Subi on Sunday,

EFH

GO YOU TIGERS!!!

Well done Kane Mitchell! 2012 Sandover medallist!
Ergh! Could there be a more infuriating winner?

However, to his credit, he did look phenomenal in his little sparkling, silver dress. ;)
416266-sandover-medal.jpg

I would just like to mention how distasteful I thought Kyle Hams' tweet was, really unnecessary and totally un called for. Keep your views to yourself mate.

Attachments

• Picture 33.png
    Picture 33.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 145
Ergh! Could there be a more infuriating winner?

However, to his credit, he did look phenomenal in his little sparkling, silver dress. ;)
416266-sandover-medal.jpg

Oh dear, why the grief? He's as good a winner as anyone else could have been. He does know how to play the umps but most players do these days and he goes in hard.

On Ame's comments, poor sportsmanship at best. I've met Kane and he seems a good bloke, always has time for people.

Oh dear, why the grief? He's as good a winner as anyone else could have been. He does know how to play the umps but most players do these days and he goes in hard.

I'd say he burnt bridges with most Swans fans during the 2010 finals series when he was giving it to the crowd and acted like a tool. The fact he looks like a girl merely compounds this. His buddy Foster copped plenty too for the same thing.

On Ame's comments, poor sportsmanship at best. I've met Kane and he seems a good bloke, always has time for people.

You mean Kyle Hams? He might simply not like him, big deal. Or, it might have been a joke. Someone commented to him that people can't take a joke which he re-tweeted which would tend to suggest that was his intent - just to get a laugh albeit at Mitchell's expense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back