Sim Qooty64 v10.5 RELEASED

Remove this Banner Ad

Qooty64 release 10.5 is available via the above download.

Download instructions:
New users - Download the above-linked rar file (5mb) and unpack (20mb) into a dedicated folder (maybe make a new folder called Qooty).
Existing users - Download the above-linked rar file (5mb) and unpack (20mb) into your existing dedicated (Qooty?) folder.

To run, double-click QOOTY.BAT (or MENU.EXE)

Please report any bugs right here on this thread.

Have at it!

Code:
QOOTY (Quick Footy) Version 10.5
-------------------------------
2/ 9/12 - Version number updated : VERSION.DAT
2/ 9/12 - Fixed a bunch of fatal errors caused by QB64 update - various
2/ 9/12 - Changed font size from -1 to 1 in Player Stats       - ALLSTATS.BAS
25/ 8/12 - New Every Game For Team function added - ALLSTATS.BAS
18/ 8/12 - Added statting for smothers, ironouts & inside50s
                                                         - GAME.BAS, GAMES.BAS

Last edited by a moderator:

Still get a couple of flashing cmd32.exe windows. No where as many as last time.

Find they go away if you disable reminder. Going to try out some games now.

Hey Mobbenfuhrer have been trying to get this to work for years now and I've finally got it close with this update (no longer telling me I need a 64-bit download of the game). But now it tells me:

Unhandled Error #53
Line:99
File not found
Continue?

But then when I click "Yes" it comes up with:

Unhandled Error #52
Line:100
Bad file name or number
Continue?

Clicking "Yes" again comes up with the same thing but "Line:101" instead.

Any ideas? :)

Hey Mobbenfuhrer have been trying to get this to work for years now and I've finally got it close with this update (no longer telling me I need a 64-bit download of the game). But now it tells me:

Unhandled Error #53
Line:99
File not found
Continue?

But then when I click "Yes" it comes up with:

Unhandled Error #52
Line:100
Bad file name or number
Continue?

Clicking "Yes" again comes up with the same thing but "Line:101" instead.

Any ideas? :)
I get the same messages.

It's probably this code :

SHELL "dir *.* /b > temp.tmp"

FoundUtils% = 0
FoundData% = 0
FoundComments% = 0
OPEN "temp.tmp" FOR INPUT AS #1
WHILE EOF(1) = 0
LINE INPUT #1, dummy$
IF UCASE$(dummy$) = "UTILS" THEN FoundUtils% = 1
IF UCASE$(dummy$) = "DATA" THEN FoundData% = 1
IF UCASE$(dummy$) = "COMMENTS" THEN FoundComments% = 1
WEND
CLOSE #1
KILL "temp.tmp"

(Which ironically is a tester to see whether files are there, and it's not working because the file it creates to test them, is ... not ... there ...)

Look in the Qooty folder for me and tell me if you see a file called "temp.tmp". Perhaps even do a drive search for it in case it's going to some wrong place.

Oh, and please tell me the full path of your Qooty, eg is it, say, "D:/Programs/Games/Qooty" or maybe "C:/User/Somebody/Downloads/Qooty". Are there any spaces in that path, eg maybe "C:/User/Arthur Tunstall/Downloads/Qooty"

It's probably this code :

SHELL "dir *.* /b > temp.tmp"

FoundUtils% = 0
FoundData% = 0
FoundComments% = 0
OPEN "temp.tmp" FOR INPUT AS #1
WHILE EOF(1) = 0
LINE INPUT #1, dummy$
IF UCASE$(dummy$) = "UTILS" THEN FoundUtils% = 1
IF UCASE$(dummy$) = "DATA" THEN FoundData% = 1
IF UCASE$(dummy$) = "COMMENTS" THEN FoundComments% = 1
WEND
CLOSE #1
KILL "temp.tmp"

(Which ironically is a tester to see whether files are there, and it's not working because the file it creates to test them, is ... not ... there ...)

Look in the Qooty folder for me and tell me if you see a file called "temp.tmp". Perhaps even do a drive search for it in case it's going to some wrong place.

Oh, and please tell me the full path of your Qooty, eg is it, say, "D:/Programs/Games/Qooty" or maybe "C:/User/Somebody/Downloads/Qooty". Are there any spaces in that path, eg maybe "C:/User/Arthur Tunstall/Downloads/Qooty"
Nah not there, when I search for it, it comes up with GAME.bas and tester.bas as well as the unextracted files.

My one is C:/Program Files (x86)/Qooty/Qooty64.v10.5

I do have a separate "Program Files" if it would work better, but that also has a space and the x86 is where all my other programs are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you even temporarily create a folder with no spaces at all and try there?
Nice, changed it into Documents and it didn't have the error message. Does it normally flicker while changing screens though?

I know it's a small sample size but the tweaked accuracy with goalkicking I think has led to a little bit of overscoring, almost. Right now the SoO average per game is 16.10 (106) and if we run that across a season, I think it's going to create a fairly high-scoring competition.

IIRC, it hovered around the high 80s over the past couple of seasons...

Hey guys, after trying heaps of times, I've finally downloaded Qooty.

Can someone tell me how I can create a team? Mobbenfuhrer?
You'll need to make a league first - fairly simple - then one to the right of that is 'New Team'. Make a bunch, and you can configure it (a few more to the right). That pretty much activates your league for an actual season use rather than what would just be exhibition matches.
Haha lol. :D

*actually........ does it?
Course not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back