moses

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Home
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Which celebrity annoys you the most? Could be an actor, musician, ex-sportsman.

Taylor Swift for me - she annoys me no end.

Jolie, Pitt, Paltrow, Oprah, Rove, Helliar, that Chrissie Swan chick, Yumi Stynes, Josh Thomas...

Oh and any of the Kardashians or Hiltons, the cast of Jersey and Geordie Shore, Sam Lane, Dwayne Russell, Shane Warne is starting to.

The low rent D-grade Australian celebrities annoy me the most. The publicity furore over "celebrity" Charlotte Dawson attempting suicide (you win x - lol)) was nauseatingly transparent.

I'm not the sort of person to go weak at the knees, or even bother the person, if I see a celebrity out and about, but the publicity surrounding genuine celebrities such as Leonardo Dicaprio over NYE and Lance Armstrong when he was out in Adelaide seem justified to me as these are guys that value their privacy and don't show up to the opening of a fridge door. Hard to protect your claim as a celebrity if you're begging for an invite to every party or spring carnival marquee like Lara Bingle or anyone who has ever hosted an Aussie reality show.

These days I don’t know if it’s possible to have a celebrity that’s not annoying to some extent. We have such saturation of media and “news”, it’s in our face the whole time, that they’re naturally going to annoy us. Some do it better than others.

The principle of overexposure just doesn’t exist anymore. There’s such a massive vacuum of s**t that they lose all perspective and feel the need to promote themselves mercilessly.

The worst are the ones you can’t escape. Those good charlotte campaigners. Every. *******. Five. Minutes. It’s unbelievable. Does this type of s**t actually work? It’s ridiculous. I’d like to see some sort of stuff done on the effectiveness of this campaign by KFC. Surely they measure it internally somehow.

It’s just interesting because of how irritating it is. I mean, if I had the chance to do it, I say this as honestly as I can, I don’t even mean it jokingly or as hyperbole, I would now stab the Madden twins to death. I mean it. If I could somehow be assured I’d get away with it, I ‘d actually like to murder them. That’s the emotions it brings out of me, I’m sure I’m not alone. Does it sell chicken as well?

These days I don’t know if it’s possible to have a celebrity that’s not annoying to some extent. We have such saturation of media and “news”, it’s in our face the whole time, that they’re naturally going to annoy us. Some do it better than others.

The principle of overexposure just doesn’t exist anymore. There’s such a massive vacuum of s**t that they lose all perspective and feel the need to promote themselves mercilessly.

The worst are the ones you can’t escape. Those good charlotte sillys. Every. *******. Five. Minutes. It’s unbelievable. Does this type of s**t actually work? It’s ridiculous. I’d like to see some sort of stuff done on the effectiveness of this campaign by KFC. Surely they measure it internally somehow.

It’s just interesting because of how irritating it is. I mean, if I had the chance to do it, I say this as honestly as I can, I don’t even mean it jokingly or as hyperbole, I would now stab the Madden twins to death. I mean it. If I could somehow be assured I’d get away with it, I ‘d actually like to murder them. That’s the emotions it brings out of me, I’m sure I’m not alone. Does it sell chicken as well?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i can't beleive the madden brothers being the vegans they are are ******* advertising KFC - whores!

That’s not even the half of it mate – they were campaigning for PETA against KFC not long ago.

Talentless, money-grubbing pieces of s**t, out here trying to sell saturated fat to kids... I wouldn’t swerve if I saw them crossing the street.

Actually, I lie, I’d swerve to ensure I hit them flush.

What is this? I’m not usually an angry man. I blame advertising.

Andrew O'Keefe (at the risk of calling him a celebrity). Media tart of the highest order. Agree with the Madden Brothers - just when we are close to pissing Brian McFadden off, along come these two goons.
Andrew O'keefe shits me to tears.
Trying hard to be funny and then laughing at your own attempt is far king annoying.

Suprised that Simon and Justin annoy so many people long after their careers have finished. Also thought Simon was a few years older than Justin.
Liking this just wasn't enough. :thumbsu:

It's those f****** Danihers that annoy me the most. Terry, with that great down to earth, everybody's mate, salt of the earth, tough as nails personality, Neale with those late last quarter goals in the early eighties, Anthony siring a tall forward father son, and f****** Chris in 93. Bastards.

On TV I can't stand Tom Williams, has a horrid voice for TV and is just a buffoon in general. Interestingly enough though, i met him at a Slowdown a few years back, and he was by far the nicest guy to talk to. Engaged with everyone and chatted while blokes like Fitzy and Lehmo (and even some apparent Olympians and Paralympians) just chatted amongst themselves and avoided any contact at all costs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back