Society/Culture Circumcision

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the way you anti male circumcision people use emotive terms like mutilation for a long recognised and safe minor medical procedure that many consider has long term health benefits.
And many many more don't. I haven't heard or read of a mainstream medical organisation that recommend the procedure.

I'm not against the act as such. I am just for medical research and the opinions of professionals who's job it is to determine whether procedures are appropriate.

Love the way you anti male circumcision people use emotive terms like mutilation for a long recognised and safe minor medical procedure that many consider has long term health benefits.

To use the word "mutilate" isn't inappropriate or unnecessarily emotive. It's descriptive; and the definition applies in this case.

For the guys so against circumcision, are you also against vasectomy & expect your wives to have their tubes tied when you don't want anymore kids?
Huge wtf.

The hygiene argument is non sensical. Penis gets washed when ass does. So if someone hasn't washed in a few days I'm pretty sure dickcheese is nothing compared to a shitty ass.

Aeethetics are debatable. Cut looks more manly but the scar is hideous.

Pleasure? I can't compare but I certainly do not want to part with my foreskin and neither do my lovers. I think less circumcision is a good thing.

To be fair, the term 'mutilate' can mean to cut or alter so it is apt. I wouldn't put it on the same level as female circumcision bu the health benefits are pretty minimal and I don't think it is even offered for newborns at most hospitals now.

You are correct with the definition it just that the word is rarely used by anyone in that way, more like these days you will hear "some soldiers from Blah came out of the hills with machetes and mutilated women and children" that does make it somewhat emotive. Personally Im snipped my 3 boys are snipped, I dont care whether someone else is or isnt as I previously mentioned 2 of my 3 didnt even cry and the other only until he was given the boob. What I object to is it being compared to female circumcision which in my opinion "is" a third world act of body mutilation

What I object to is it being compared to female circumcision which in my opinion "is" a third world act of body mutilation

Fair enough. Perfectly understandable. I don't really have much against it and am happy you're boys dealt with it just fine. I don't think it's for me and won't be doing it if I have a boy in the next week or so. Interesting that people get so worked up about it though. I remember both versions and they both work just fine.

Fair enough. Perfectly understandable. I don't really have much against it and am happy you're boys dealt with it just fine. I don't think it's for me and won't be doing it if I have a boy in the next week or so. Interesting that people get so worked up about it though. I remember both versions and they both work just fine.

The interesting thing for me is that most of the time the Vocal people are the ones that have not been snipped

The interesting thing for me is that most of the time the Vocal people are the ones that have not been snipped

Well, I suppose they are the ones that are all-natural (for lack of a better term). It's kind of easier to argue against surgery than for it when it is, for the most part, unnecessary.

To use the word "mutilate" isn't inappropriate or unnecessarily emotive. It's descriptive; and the definition applies in this case.

mu·ti·late

mu·ti·lat·ed, mu·ti·lat·ing, mu·ti·lates
1. To deprive of a limb or an essential part; cripple
Nope, not essential at all. Not crippled either. Works like a superstar.

2. To disfigure by damaging irreparably:
Not disfigured in the slightest.

3. To make imperfect by excising or altering parts.
My penis is far prettier than yours with it's excellent alterations.
Yours looks more like something mangled..Like a Safeway sausage that wasn't tied off at the end.
Mutilate doesn't even come into the equation.

Well, I suppose they are the ones that are all-natural (for lack of a better term). It's kind of easier to argue against surgery than for it when it is, for the most part, unnecessary.

It's easier to argue for when you've had it done and it freaking awesome!

LOL at Gus with his 'I'm too sexy' line of argument. Good on ya bud... Doesn't come off like you have some major deep-seated penis related issues at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What can I say, I'm a big fan of my old fella. He's a good looking bloke.

Obviously, this is why those who are snipped are almost silent when some religious nutter calls for mandatory circumcision.;)

To be fair, the term 'mutilate' can mean to cut or alter so it is apt. I wouldn't put it on the same level as female circumcision bu the health benefits are pretty minimal and I don't think it is even offered for newborns at most hospitals now.

True, but then again, you could also describe having your baby immunised as impaling an unsuspecting infant!!

Nope, not essential at all. Not crippled either. Works like a superstar.

Not disfigured in the slightest.

My penis is far prettier than yours with it's excellent alterations.
Yours looks more like something mangled..Like a Safeway sausage that wasn't tied off at the end.
Mutilate doesn't even come into the equation.

Mutilate:

Verb:
1. Inflict a violent and disfiguring injury on.
2. Inflict serious damage on.

Synonyms: Maim, mangle, lame.

Mar's: Impair the appearance of; disfigure. (A deeper inquiry into mutilate brings out 'Mar'.)
Disfigures the norm by cutting.
Maims by injuring a part of the body and is permanently damaged. (We're talking of the foreskin, not the penis.)
Deforms by distorting the shape or form.

Mutilate:

Verb:
1. Inflict a violent and disfiguring injury on.

No disfigured. Incredibly handsome.

2. Inflict serious damage on.

Not even close to serious damage.

Synonyms: Maim, mangle, lame.

Mar's: Impair the appearance of; disfigure. (A deeper inquiry into mutilate brings out 'Mar'.)
Disfigures the norm by cutting.
Maims by injuring a part of the body and is permanently damaged. (We're talking of the foreskin, not the penis.)
Deforms by distorting the shape or form.

The word required to describe the process it beautification.

The foreskin is disfigured. I'm not talking about the penis.

It is serious damage to the foreskin, for it can't recover and grow back.

You're still talking about the appearance of the penis, (which is a subjective matter). The synonyms I provided describe circumcision's affect on the foreskin.

The foreskin is disfigured. I'm not talking about the penis.

It is serious damage to the foreskin, for it can't recover and grow back.

Neither can the tonsils if you whip them out. No big deal.

You're still talking about the appearance of the penis, (which is a subjective matter). The synonyms I provided describe circumcision's affect on the foreskin.

As I said, beautification is the word.

gus, your eloquence on trollsting goes to the head of the class with a bang. big fan here.

i might av 2 retire ;)

I'm not trolling in this case.

In the right light mine looks like Paul Walker.

paulwalker.jpg

Neither can the tonsils if you whip them out. No big deal.

As I said, beautification is the word.

Naming the tonsils doesn't make circumcision not mutilation by definition.

If you think beautification of the penis comes from circumcision, that's one thing, but it doesn't invalidate 'mutilate' as a definition of what occurs during a circumcision.

I'm against cosmetic surgery anyway so that argument holds no water....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back