Dons more likely to avoid doping ban, says lawyer

Remove this Banner Ad

it it's appealed it's held before a specially convened hearing of the AFL Tribunal appeals board...

On what planet can the AFL dismiss WADA/ASADA/Federal legislation?

He makes good points. People are claiming the players are ultimately responsible for what goes into their bodies. They shouldn't be relying on the club medical staff. Yet when the players consult ASADA as they are required to do they get a "not banned" response. In fact its even still on their website!
The players did not consult ASADA though, they consulted Dank, and that is the issue that the AFL has. Sports scientist and the word supplement is a way of using loop holes, terminology, mistakes by ASADA, technicalities etc to push the limts.... Hatis what they want to stop.
Is till beleive that Hird wold never knowingly 'cheat' but when you boot the edge you may not mean to but you could fall over

I guess like all legal arguments, it comes down to interpretation

The states of this nation cannot overrule federally assented international obligations, so I fail to see how the AFL can do it.

it it's appealed it's held before a specially convened hearing of the AFL Tribunal appeals board...
I suggest you have a read of the AFL Anti Doping Code.

"ASADA and WADA shall also have the right to appeal to CAS with respect to the decision of the Appeals Board".

I suggest you have a read of the AFL Anti Doping Code.

"ASADA and WADA shall also have the right to appeal to CAS with respect to the decision of the Appeals Board".
and it is very very clear, what are the responsibilities for each player and club.

I can not see any wriggle room in the code. IF they do not follow the code then the integrity of the afl is shot.

The players did not consult ASADA though, the consulted Dank, and that is the issue that the AFL has. Sports scientist and the word supplement is a way of using loop holes, terminology, mistakes by ASADA, technicalities etc to push the limts.... Hatis what they want to stop.
Is till beleive that Hird wold never knowingly 'cheat' but when you boot the edge you may not mean to but you could fall over
How do you know this?

and it is very very clear, what are the responsibilities for each player and club.

I can not see any wriggle room in the code. IF they do not follow the code then the integrity of the afl is shot.

What do you mean? The AFL's integrity is ALREADY shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oh I've read it. You said the appeal. I told you where the appeal would go.

If ASADA/WADA aren't satisfied with what the AFL hands down after the appeals tribunal has deliberated it will end up at the CAS where the deck is heavily stacked in WADA's favour.

Bombers are screwed.

Well given it was the comments from a lawyer about legal matter, rather than comments from a journalist, I'd say thats fair

gotta love the essendon pr machine in full voice...detract detract detract......

that said,bringing the game into disrepute for a club,player and officlal is not something I would have thought they would like to open with the AFL. IMO by continually having the pr machine spurt the essendon thoughts to all concerned, is very very negative and bad for the competition, therefore brings our game into disrepute.

IMO a much more humble, and sorry approach would have been received by media and opposition fans and sponsers and afl in a far better light.Just my opinion though.

How do you know this?

I suppose it's a guess.

Everyone is reduced to having guesses until Essendon finally at long last step forward and inform the world as to who formulated the consent forms and who is the "I" mentioned on those consent forms.

Until then, you lot can keep absurdly deflecting to the ACC website.

Now the EFC fans want us to believe what is in the papers. I can't keep up.

You can believe what ever you like and i don't think too many of us are that concerned as to what you believe.

It's the opinion of a Lawyer, who is quoted, with 30 years experience and well over a decade of that in the sporting field.

But at the end of the day it is just his opinion and you may find BF Lawyers more reputable and that's fine.

gotta love the essendon pr machine in full voice...detract detract detract......

that said,bringing the game into disrepute for a club,player and officla is not something I would have thought they would like to open with the AFL. IMO by continually having the pr machine spurt the essendon thoughts to all concerned, is very very negative and bad for the competition, therefore brings our game into disrepute.

IMO a much more humble, and sorry approach would have been received by media and opposition fans and sponsers and afl in a fat better light.Just my opinion though.
How did you know I worked in the PR department at the Essendon football club? :confused:

Another staggeringly accurate postulation by a poster on BF

What do you mean? The AFL's integrity is ALREADY shot.
agreed......but the continued prattling and airing of this in the e,dia without a resolution is a disgrace imo.

AFL has a clear code, breaches have occured.Enact that code and move on....Its pretty basic.

Instead, imo we seem to se the AFL trying to find a way out for Essendon.....

A lot of damage to our code here, long term damage imo.

A clean and fair competion is what they spruke, and they are not delivering.

agreed......but the continued prattling and airing of this in the e,dia without a resolution is a disgrace imo.

AFL has a clear code, breaches have occured.Enact that code and move on....Its pretty basic.

Instead, imo we seem to se the AFL trying to find a way out for Essendon.....

A lot of damage to our code here, long term damage imo.

A clean and fair competion is what they spruke, and they are not delivering.

Of course they are trying to find away out for Essendon. They can't see the forest for the trees. And you are right, a LOT of damage is being done. It's very, very disheartening.

I suppose it's a guess.

Everyone is reduced to having guesses until Essendon finally at long last step forward and inform the world as to who formulated the consent forms and who is the "I" mentioned on those consent forms.

Until then, you lot can keep absurdly deflecting to the ACC website.
No, really? A guess? He said he knew.....

Oh and the ACC and ASADA worked hand in hand yet both couldnt make a simple statement like "AOD 9604 is banned for use under clause S0"

If this wasnt their advice to players when asked in 2012 how the hell would players have known not to take it?

Oh and the ACC and ASADA worked hand in hand yet both couldnt make a simple statement like "AOD 9604 is banned for use under clause S0"

If this wasnt their advice to players when asked in 2012 how the hell would players have known not to take it?

Why would they have to?

599637-hird-emails.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back