2nds WAFL/WAFL Reserves Thread 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Nick Rynne@NickRynne
    1m
    Neale Daniher and Justin Longmuir from West Coast both at the game, both trying to figure out why he left.

2. 1m
    Swans officials now say it may not be a family issue. It looks like he's just taken off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not saying it does. Just might be part of what's going on.

If there is no external issue and the reason he left is just because he's spat the dummy, that speaks volumes about the bloke.

You mean aside from the fact he still has a potential gaol term hanging over his head.

Do you mean this as a possible reason for bailing on the game? Or as speaking volumes about the bloke?

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/wafl/17985882/troubled-eagle-walks-out-of-wafl-match/

The career of young West Coast forward Murray Newman is in serious jeopardy after he stormed out of the ground at quarter-time while playing for Swan Districts today.
The 19-year-old had played a reasonable first quarter against Claremont at Claremont Oval but walked straight into the rooms at the first break, grabbed his bag and left without speaking to Swans staff.
West Coast football operations manager Neil Daniher was seen speaking to Swans officials at half-time, with the reasons behind his disappearance still a mystery.
Newman is on fragile ground at the Eagles after attracting a grievous bodily harm charge in an alleged nightclub incident last November.
He then returned out of shape at this year’s pre-season training, being beaten in an early run by 44-year-old coach John Worsfold.
Newman was drafted by the Eagles at pick No.23 in the 2011 National draft and played four games in his debut season.

I can't speak for Newman, but if I were in his situation, I doubt I'd be able to think about anything else. It would be very hard tk concentrate on other things like footy.

Serious? Geez, I'd relish the chance to play some footy each weekend. You've got a few hours of not having to think about other issues in life. Put it all out of your head for a while and have some fun.

Oh well, I'm sure we will soon know the story.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back